Rocksmith Championship Week 396

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

I´d suggest the following order for that weeks bass:

(INT) White Limo 5.5
(INT Bonus) Thin Lizzy 5.5
(ADV) Beach Boys 6.5
(MC) The Gog Song 7

and we only would need a MC replacement if there are complaints because of the tuning.

Nice week that is! ROCK!

• Like 3

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

I didn't manage to improve the beginners song (well a better score, but I wan't to make it perfect... maybe tomorrow), but the Beach Boys went even better. I've got the hang of it (almost). The rhythm makes sense, and you get the riff, and can play it from many positions... then the fingering changes how to play it. The main reason for this to be so difficult is the different way the same riff moves around (one half tone up, and a whole new fingering!).

32B7E51F3ADE3913BDE9B1616D40099A241DD61D

I spent some time with the Foo Fighters today, but I didn't manage to improve my score. 😞 It's like the sliding don't matter, so I didn't get much out of rehearsing that part.

I tried the Thin Lizzy, and I don't think it's that easy as other puts it! I think it's somewhat above my level, and would rate it around 8(!) As mentioned before we all have different strengths and weaknesses, and I'm not at good terms with palm-mutes (especially since I don't use plecter), and I have big issues when the tempo is not aligned with the bars in the game. It would be so much easier for me, if I could have my feet and the lines in sync. 😉 (Note that the accuracy is only because I played a part really slowly and almost understood it... almost).

4C29143A2135857A502602B1756D9CD4F457E7AA

• Like 2

definitely in bass Foo Fighters are easier than Beach Boys (for me at least).

i am around 98% at Foo Fighters and around 80% on Beach Boys.

I watched few lives of White Limo and they play it mostly on one hand position and there is no slide...

They don't bother to play 13th on E, this sound is always 8th on A, so 90% of the song is one hand position 🙂

cheers

• Like 4

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Ok, it´s done - bass arrangements have been resorted!!

grafik.png

Rock!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

Sj4NTX8.pngDudes! And dudettes! And non-dudes! And however you define your duded-ness!

Beach Boys - I Get Around - Bass. My fingers and my brain absolutely do not go that fast. I can hit 95% at 90% speed, but completely fall apart at 100% speed.

Not sure about doing Foo Fighters bass, or just moving ahead with Beach Boys rhythm. Think I'll hit rhythm, then think about Foos.

Edited: White Limo is cool! Definitely gonna do some Foo. I'm about Beach Boy'd out. What about Beach Men?  Beach Women? Beach People?

• Like 3

Did some early practicing today. It went quite well. First I got the Elevation song perfected... 🙂

?imw=1024&imh=575&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette

Then I went for the White Limo. I agree, that the sliding seems wrong, and that the fret 13 should always be played at yellow 8! But I got this great playthrough:

Then there was this Bad Reputation. I can't figure out what the real rhythm is. I'm guessing a lot... and nobody would accept my playing from a stage. The palm mutes a all muted from the fret, and the sound is not very good. I would benefit immensely from some note sheets (or at least synced rhythm visually) on this song. I still think this is even tougher than the Beach dudes. First I got around 95% and then this one (I'm a bit choked still 🙂 ):

The Beach Boys on the other hand is not getting much better. I'm not sure how I got the 99% before. I can't even reproduce that result... 😞

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Orkkongen said:

The palm mutes a all muted from the fret, and the sound is not very good.

I think they're string mutes/fret hand mutes not palm mutes. Most of them being notated as open strings is probably wrong since that's the default in guitar pro for dead notes and most people don't fix them for rocksmith.

Generally I play the muted notes on the same fret as the note before them unless properly marked.

• Like 2

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype