Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 395

For adv bass this one is still like long solo for me 😉 .

Cool song though so not a huge paint in the back to play it few times and one more :D. 

the biggest problem i have in finding a right fret as I still play looking at the fretboard and if there is too many changes I very often loose the orientation when looing at the screen trying to see which notes go next...

There should be small little knots on the strings (like markers on the J and F keys) so it would be easier to find right fret without looking on the guitar... LOL.

These songs help a lot in getting use to fret positioning, however a guitar I have tuned for this song has different neck length from my usual guitar, which again, does not help 😉

this shows my progress within a week and between 12 approaches (1st try no worth mentioning.. approx 60% SIC!). and few more hours in riff  repeater... 

14FETms.jpg

Ka8N6MQ.jpg

• Like 6

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

What a great competition! I love it.

@Mikson - feel that i do

@diceslinger - sure ... that song is a great example - one of the very very very very few moments i just know where the Fretshift is going to go. Very intuitive, my sightread was my best run.

Unluckywise i will be gone till Tue... so congrats, a pity ... what a great week!

On the other hand i will be in a Hotel and getting served food for the first time since mid 2020 - that does feel unreal.

• Like 2

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

Pfew... what a load of posts. It's been a busy week for me. I've got some better scores after practicing today. But I'm quite a long way from joining the real competition. Here I'll share some new scores, and then I'll write a bit about the competition (as a response to some of the great things that have been written (and some lesser great 😛 )).

So first the beginners song. I think it's a bit difficult song, but a nice one.

51C484085CC192A5935C664EC42DD5294A723640

The intermediate was also fun. I could make it a 100% with a bit more time, but this is nice and okay. Fun to be playing in the high register.

F9A363D9C7912C66B09FA3E9F1ACB52F557FDA3F

The bonus intermediate is also fun, but difficult on another level... as in. I think the placement of left hand is mostly wrong. I "studied" it a bit, and decided to play everything around 8th and 10th position. I think it sounds better, and is much easier to play... though I have to think much more, since the wrong numbers and colors come flying in the game. 😉 I think I could get it perfect as well with a bit more time.

13031119612B962213F56A1C7A75BD652D36A281

And finally the advanced song. I think I can only do this a little bit better (things went off in the end). I'm still not rightly competing against anybody... Maybe @kayteck... This is the challenge for you 😉

8E38BB2570712F077BBFF9F5DF5148ECEB66CE79

This is a great week, with nice and very diverse songs. So thank you for that, @Mikson.

• Like 4

And now a little about what I've been trying to tell you... though you are tired of hearing about it. I think this first part is mostly to @Rodman. Have you ever been playing chess with a friend who always wins. Yes, it's a challenge, and yes, you get better. But it's just not as fun, as when you sometimes win and sometimes don't. It's not fun to always win (and you learn less), but it's not fun either to always loose (in my opinion).

Yes, I'm only talking about the bass-groups. I only play bass, and know nothing about the competition for lead and rhythm.

And as foreseen, I'm not really in the competition now. So while the top of this class are challenging each other, I just have to challenge my self (and maybe Kayteck) to a better score... and just try to come closer to "the rest". I am a kind of appendix in this class. And thus it's just not quite as fun.

Now, just to make it clear: I'm not saying it's not fun at all... it's just not as fun. Right now I'm missing one of the benefits of competing. Hopefully it's only for a time, and hopefully I get so much better, that I can challenge you guys. It's still fun to play a lot of great new songs, and I can still try to make the beginner and intermediate songs perfect.

When I play a song at 95% accuracy, I wouldn't say "I can play that song". Then there are parts of the song, that any audience wouldn't accept (and btw. I think the level should be rated 7,5 at least).

Another topic related to this. I think the idea of new levels for the classes (bass) is a great and wonderful idea! The beginner class is (for bass) just a temporary class. Here you get the hang of it, win a few times and then you move on to intermediate. This level I think is also temporary in my opinion as it is now. Again after a few months you move away from this after winning some weeks... and I think here is the problem. Around the top of the intermediate the tempo of progression slows down, simply because you get to the difficult levels, where it gets more difficult to really improve. And it seems to me, that it apparently is rather difficult to move on to masterclass.

I really like the idea of beginners play level 1-5, int. 6, adv. 7 and mc 8 and up. As a compromise the suggestion from @Mikson(I think it was him... it's quite many pages ago 😉 ).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Orkkongen said:

And now a little about what I've been trying to tell you... though you are tired of hearing about it. I think this first part is mostly to @Rodman. Have you ever been playing chess with a friend who always wins. Yes, it's a challenge, and yes, you get better. But it's just not as fun, as when you sometimes win and sometimes don't. It's not fun to always win (and you learn less), but it's not fun either to always loose (in my opinion).

Not quite a good comparison, because we are not fighting 1vs1 here, but we are running a race in a group. Just like in running, swimming, etc. So maybe when you are promoted to a higher league, you should not count on winning right away, but set goals one by one, for example - to be on the podium.

1 hour ago, Orkkongen said:

Another topic related to this. I think the idea of new levels for the classes (bass) is a great and wonderful idea! The beginner class is (for bass) just a temporary class. Here you get the hang of it, win a few times and then you move on to intermediate. This level I think is also temporary in my opinion as it is now. Again after a few months you move away from this after winning some weeks... and I think here is the problem. Around the top of the intermediate the tempo of progression slows down, simply because you get to the difficult levels, where it gets more difficult to really improve. And it seems to me, that it apparently is rather difficult to move on to masterclass.

I really like the idea of beginners play level 1-5, int. 6, adv. 7 and mc 8 and up. As a compromise the suggestion from @Mikson(I think it was him... it's quite many pages ago 😉 ).

That's right, I've been playing bass for over a year, previously only guitar, and I can say that specifics of the levels for the bass charts are completely different. It's very easy to find bass for beginners, harder to find Rhythm, and definitely the hardest Lead.

As for class levels, as I wrote earlier, 1-5 for beginners is not good, 1-4 can be. No class should have only one grade available, as that will make song selection much more difficult. So beginners 1-4, intermediate 5-6 seem ok, then we raise the bar by 1.

• Like 1

Looks like my lowest score is on intermediate rhythm this week. Trying to decide how much more I should concentrate on improving this versus trying to get a competitive score on bass or bring beginner lead up some more. I'd kinda like to move on towards intermediate lead - but between improving a 91.84% on intermediate rhythm versus improving beginner lead of 95.48%, I'm not sure. Both of them need improvement - not for competition - but because I know I can do better. EcI4LFs.png

• Like 2

lQaf8Fhl.jpg
9yjPG48l.jpg
fw4Gcj9l.jpg
9e3vg3cl.jpg
mbCHdrbl.jpg

i really can't stand this song anymore - too close to a meme in and of itself at this point - couldn't run the risk of an unsuccessful playthrough, so I did learn a song lol

it...won't get played again 🕶️

• Like 2

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Ok everyone into bass.

We try it - from next week classes are tweaked in bass regarding difficulty:

Beg 1-4

Int 5-6

Adv 7-8

Mc 8-9

Gog 10

Every player can choose his new class.

If you wanna level down just 🏤 here.

If you wanna stay you don't have to post.

Let's keep making the CS better and rock.

Thx everyone for the input.

Rod.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.