Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 395

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer
7 hours ago, SpankNass said:

I have a few questions about leaderboard and levels. When I look at the player level page, it only gives percentages and does not show what level they are actually playing at for lead rhythm and bass. So am I seeing people score in say intermediate but are playing at a advanced level or higher? Maybe I'm looking at this twisted, but higher level players scoring in lower level songs? Yes enjoy all the songs of course. I had the opportunity to level up a few weeks ago and did not, because I see higher level players scoring in lower levels. I need to beat them at their level not mine?

I know ya'll work hard at this championship and it is greatly appreciated, Thank You!!!

Hmm... The Player (XP) Level does not give percentages - it calculates the player level independent of opponents scores with a maximum of a lil over 90 (like a Character would be rated in a Game or so) ... see

So am I seeing people score in say intermediate but are playing at a advanced level or higher?  No - not happening - look at weekly leaderboards:

grafik.png

you see a player´s class with his/her name in black with no "*" - he can score here and in the above levels, the lower levels, where everyone is welcome and encouraged to post the scores too are greyed with an "*" - he/she cannot win or score there!
Player levels are then calculated from that (Players Class and next Higher) scores, not the other way around.

If everything is clear - I had the opportunity to level up a few weeks ago and did not, because I see higher level players scoring in lower levels. - just shout and we level you up where you wanna belong

• Like 1

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

12 hours ago, Mikson said:

2. I think that one of the solutions is to create an extra class exclusively for bass. 

3. We have tons of bass-only CDLCs in the CF database, so finding a song shouldn't be difficult.

1. This will unfortunately make it difficult to create a championship week, as many songs with Intermediate or Advanced guitar have a lower rated Bass path. If anything, it would be better like this: Beg 1-4, Int 5-6, Adv 7-8, MC 8-9.

1. Absolutely! True bass 8,9,10s are a rare species - I think we already live it like your suggestion dynamically maybe widened to Int 4-6, Adv 6-8, MC 7.5-9 by the arrangements we got, i see no real need to alter the rules here, as i´s obvious what to do for us at selection process.

2. 2 Problems - There are not soooo many players that another class would really be stuffed (objectively it´s better to have 6 players or so competing for 4 places than 3), second ... high diff bass paths are a rare species, so we will rarely have fitting songs for the then tougher rated adv and mc, except if...

3. ... yes we do, but here we would need the constant help of our bass players to feed that list and very importantly rate the diffs so we had enough stuff to work with.

Overall i think we need more input from our bass players if there is need for any change which i am not sure of.

• Like 2

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

16 hours ago, Rodman said:

Hmm... The Player (XP) Level does not give percentages - it calculates the player level independent of opponents scores with a maximum of a lil over 90 (like a Character would be rated in a Game or so) ... see

So am I seeing people score in say intermediate but are playing at a advanced level or higher?  No - not happening - look at weekly leaderboards:

grafik.png

you see a player´s class with his/her name in black with no "*" - he can score here and in the above levels, the lower levels, where everyone is welcome and encouraged to post the scores too are greyed with an "*" - he/she cannot win or score there!
Player levels are then calculated from that (Players Class and next Higher) scores, not the other way around.

If everything is clear - I had the opportunity to level up a few weeks ago and did not, because I see higher level players scoring in lower levels. - just shout and we level you up where you wanna belong

Thanks For the Explanation,  Peeps would have not known that.  I didn't LOL! I guess with all the new great players and my suck ass attempts,  my score has mellowed to a fixed rate...  of 50% LOL

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Rodman said:

1. Absolutely! True bass 8,9,10s are a rare species - I think we already live it like your suggestion dynamically maybe widened to Int 4-6, Adv 6-8, MC 7.5-9 by the arrangements we got, i see no real need to alter the rules here, as i´s obvious what to do for us at selection process.

2. 2 Problems - There are not soooo many players that another class would really be stuffed (objectively it´s better to have 6 players or so competing for 4 places than 3), second ... high diff bass paths are a rare species, so we will rarely have fitting songs for the then tougher rated adv and mc, except if...

3. ... yes we do, but here we would need the constant help of our bass players to feed that list and very importantly rate the diffs so we had enough stuff to work with.

Overall i think we need more input from our bass players if there is need for any change which i am not sure of.

So putting on my bass player participant hat for a moment, I'm open to whatever. As long as I'm getting a variety of songs each week and a nice challenge that helps me improve, I'm good. There are many, many excellent CDLCs available for bass between the bass-only charters like JamesPrestonUK and SlickWilly (and now, myself) and the fact that bass parts are more straightforward to chart. I could easily fill the selection list sheet with good options. 

As a fellow organizer, I agree that the need for change is not clearly established. But if the other bass players are in favor, I'm open to Mikson's suggestion.

• Like 2

Wanna see me suffer?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@diceslinger - great score on adv bass!!! I had a few more runs, not a chance - bravo!

@Mikson - 90 (!)  man, you make me cry. very strong

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rodman said:

@diceslinger - great score on adv bass!!! I had a few more runs, not a chance - bravo!

Sometimes you fight with a song, and sometimes it feels intuitive.  This one just makes sense to me, so it seems easy.  Odd, because I've never heard the song.  Do you find that on some songs?

• Like 1

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

1 hour ago, diceslinger said:

Sometimes you fight with a song, and sometimes it feels intuitive.  This one just makes sense to me, so it seems easy.  Odd, because I've never heard the song.  Do you find that on some songs?

I felt the same way about the Galneryus song and had also never heard it before. I'm not too far off your score so I'll see if I can catch you 🙂

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jellisjenius said:

I felt the same way about the Galneryus song and had also never heard it before. I'm not too far off your score so I'll see if I can catch you 🙂

Challenge accepted 🙂

• Like 1

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet