Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 395

First tries for the week...all of these were fun to play. First up is one I requested from the amazing The New Abnormal album:

16EDBF312230638AD17CD772FFBA02FC97C9DB9B

Then one of my favorites from the post-Roger Waters era of Floyd:

20C29CAEEA68F6A1A84B3864D82D246C3D957C45

A classic new wave track, one of my favorites from New Order:

415DD6454DD863CB19D0FE386485F6CCBFFEB299

This one really blew me away as I don't care for most Japanese rock/metal:

289A3043558719E709CEBEE198E8C7C34FD85AC6

And finally, the inimitable John Entwistle at what I think was his best and most jaw-dropping:

D5245CE377665F5819B3CDE208574F08D2607C1F

• Like 3

On 5/16/2021 at 7:45 PM, Anitomer said:

This is my first time playing in the championship 🙂 wanted to join last week but didnt like any of the songs.

Just trying to figure out what class i belong to, i'll try the INT song next.

Hello and welcome! And in case you weren't aware, you can request songs by adding them to the Song Selection List tab on this spreadsheet 🙂

11 hours ago, blucrsr said:

Not quite sure this should be a "3".  Seems a little easy for that rating.  Or maybe I'm starting to get a bit better?  Who knows.  Seems like a few more times thru this should give me a better score.

yTItmb2b_t.png

You're getting better, for sure! The same thing has happened to me with my improvements making it harder for me to rate beginner-level songs. 

• Like 1

@Orkkongen We get it, you're frustrated and think some sort of change to the Championship is in order. I can't really say whether that's right or not, but what you don't seem to realize is that you are asking a lot of a handful of people who are volunteering their (often limited) time to make this run. In this case, you have expressed the opinion that people who are too good for one level but not good enough for the next (ie, you) should have some accommodation that would make the transition easier. But your only constructive suggestion (adding another level between int and adv) was not viable and it seems that you now expect us to just magically come up with something that will make your particular experience more enjoyable. 

I have to say also that your statement to @Rodmanabout changing the championship to keep a handful of people (spread over 6 years) from leaving is a bit ridiculous. This is not a paid service and the participants are not customers. The more people that can enjoy the championship, the better, but as I'm sure we've all experienced, sometimes people just decide to be unhappy because they want the world to revolve around them. And change doesn't happen in a vacuum - by trying to please one person or group you risk upsetting another. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, JoeCow said:

These links  on the first post dont work anymore, get 404 when I tried, I was curious since I haven't participated in this at all since it started but feel confident enough to try now...      ---->   FAQ: => How and Why join the Championships?

=> Rocksmith 2014 Championships rules

All links miss "/index.php?" after .com 🙂

3 hours ago, jellisjenius said:

@Anitomer What level would you like to compete at? Your scores so far suggest you should be at least on intermediate for lead. 

ill go with intermediate for now, the advanced one was too much for me (and its a long ass song and im too lazy to put in the time on it 😅). Thanks!

• Like 1

@jellisjeniusOne of the main problems in this debate is, that I ague based on what other writes, but different people react to my reactions. So my reply to @Rodmanmay not fit in to the way you see this debate. Your answer is (in my opinion) a bit out of context.

So far I've accepted to move up, but noting, that it means I'm really out of the competition for a while. I'm advancing mainly as to not be annoying for the intermediate group. Not to "gain" all those "wonderful new challenges". I got the challenges before, thank you. This has not really changed.

But as I wrote before (in another respons), I get a bit annoyed with people saying, that I'm full capable of competing in the advanced class, and this is just wonderfull with more challenges. That is not a realistic viewpoint. In some weeks maybe... let's see.

@MissRocktismcalled me a black sheep (and I know it was not meant in a negative way!). What I really want you to acknowledge is the problem (not my problem). Combining this black sheep metaphor with the notion from Rodman, that you've had this problem a few times before, tells me, that you don't really acknowledge it. That's a shame.

Instead of trying to convince my, that I'm just as good as you guys (plural, not gender related 😉 ), just note: Yes, you probably won't win for some time, but it will be better for the intermediate group and in time, you might be competing with us.
If I get convinced that I might even have a chance, I think I will be disappointed with myself, if I still haven't won in 2 month. So I want to beat you, but it's probably going to take a while... and that is okay.

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer
6 hours ago, Orkkongen said:

2) I just came to think about this sentence (after the computer was turned off)... You've had this situation a couple of times. And it has never made you think, that we/you might have to do something about it? That maybe how it works is not the best way...? Somehow some participants stops participating, because of this exact situation. Then the right question should not be, how to persuade me to accept the situation, but how to ease the "transition"? For me and those others coming in this situation...

3) As I see the problem, the first two groups are not stationary groups. If you play them for some weeks, you are bound to get this level of expertise. So we're all bound to get to the advanced class, but at this level, you don't necessarily improve enough. So at this level we have this rather big group, of experienced players, who is close to move up... but doesn't.
1) It doesn't make any sense to have annual scores for the lower levels. Then winner of a year at beginner, is the player, that manages not to move up the longest. 🙂

@diceslingerYou look forward to cross axes with me... and then plays 98.69%. Quite nicely illustrating why I'm not in reality competing with you. 😉

Hah, i love your spirit, please do not calm down!

Still, you are a bit wrong 😉 . Your point of view is strictly focused on the bass side of the CS. Here progress from beg to advanced is, as you point out is a lot faster than on lead or rhy, where players spend several years in int and even beg. We have got to use an overall system that works for all paths in order to keep it somehow simple (whitch it aint) and manageable.

For leveling up - noone is allowed to stay down when he reaches the limit unless his classmates let him. So ... sooner than you think you might be on top of ADV week for week - absolutely beyond my understanding that this is what you want rather than players you can try kick and get the one or the other point (which you do). Let me be clear - we are by definition  and in real life all advanced players in the right class right now, i am sure. I´ve had the sort of situation in INT Lead where i began to win regularly, and worked my ass off to achieve the damn 99% to move up to adv early, where i think i didn´t get a win for the first 2 years, but absolutely had a blast in the competition every week.

1) even on bass the annual lb shows who achieved the most points in the class the last year - so spent most time there and played consitently - makes sense for me, will it be the best player that has scored there or the one with the most progress - probably not, cause that one will have upleveled after a short time.

2) nothing ever is perfect. "And it has never made you think" - it always makes me think, of course - and there is always room for improvement, but let´s address that later. Fact is that the system is motivating and satisfying for the vast majority of players, if you take the time go back to the early weeks (end 2014, 2015) there have been hard weekly discussions esp. on the strict upleveling rules that have led to quite some disharmony but have helped to make the system a lot better, why do i know it´s good for the vast majority - because i talk to players, we orgas talk, and it´s been silent regarding rule discussions, maybe too silent, i don´t know.

I see my posted "proves" are not that convincing to you but i think you will agree that in our system here you are an advanced player, not Int no more.

3) "So we're all bound to get to the advanced class, but at this level, you don't necessarily improve enough" .... what is improve enough - becoming MC in like 6 months? Really thats depending on the individual talent and vastly on the time someone is willing / able to spend on the practice. Where i cannot follow you is that you move up and instantly wanna be able to win!

But.... i really wanna help improve the Championship in the best way, so my offer to you is:
Make a concept that clearly improves things for all bass players - i know there are a lot of bass players here and the ruling might have be develped a bit edged towards guitar, we might be overseeing important things, this does include the opportunity for you to head the whole bass championship, but it has to be a clear benefit and it has to be done every week.

Else what can be up for discussion for all players - of course we can consider shifting classes for bass - the version i´ve been thinking some times would be Beg 1-5, Int 6, Adv 7, MC 8-9. Will it make a huge difference? Will it be worse for beginners?

Keep thinking and resume your Rock!

Rod.

• Like 2

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

1 hour ago, Orkkongen said:

All links miss "/index.php?" after .com 🙂

Hey thank you for that.. I don't suppose that post should have the links corrected.. cause some dummies like me will click it  and say wtf? but maybe also never mind I guess. There are still people who didn't even know you about Customs and might enjoy participating in these events but be too embarrassed to ask the rules when the link don't work.  Sorry not sure how well im working my train of thought been up all night, any who thank you, so long and good night...um... morning that is.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JoeCow said:

Hey thank you for that.. I don't suppose that post should have the links corrected.. cause some dummies like me will click it  and say wtf? but maybe also never mind I guess. There are still people who didn't even know you about Customs and might enjoy participating in these events but be too embarrassed to ask the rules when the link don't work.  Sorry not sure how well im working my train of thought been up all night, any who thank you, so long and good night...um... morning that is.

Good point. I mentioned it when I was the new one... but I can't remember where I did it. But I agree. I'm not sure where the template for the competition is, but maybe one of the nice organizers sees it and is able to update it. 🙂
Good afternoon fits with me. 😛

Regarding the last discussion. I think that one of the solutions is to create an extra class exclusively for bass. This is possible to do this because:

1. Recently, we've had more bass players than only guitar players.

2. Often in the Bass path we add a bonus song for one of the classes, so we have 5 songs anyway.

3. We have tons of bass-only CDLCs in the CF database, so finding a song shouldn't be difficult.

This is just a loose suggestion, but not difficult to make, I think 🙂

@Rodman

5 hours ago, Rodman said:

Else what can be up for discussion for all players - of course we can consider shifting classes for bass - the version i´ve been thinking some times would be Beg 1-5, Int 6, Adv 7, MC 8-9. Will it make a huge difference? Will it be worse for beginners?

This will unfortunately make it difficult to create a championship week, as many songs with Intermediate or Advanced guitar have a lower rated Bass path. If anything, it would be better like this: Beg 1-4, Int 5-6, Adv 7-8, MC 8-9.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mobyte said:

Also, I had a question, I noticed there are two versions of the masterclass bass song, are we allowed to use either one?

Firekorn's version, the one from the link. I haven't tested another version so I don't know if it's good and if the bass chart is very similar.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mikson said:

Firekorn's version, the one from the link. I haven't tested another version so I don't know if it's good and if the bass chart is very similar.

Ok great, thanks. That's the one I've been using but I just wanted to make sure.

I have a few questions about leaderboard and levels. When I look at the player level page, it only gives percentages and does not show what level they are actually playing at for lead rhythm and bass. So am I seeing people score in say intermediate but are playing at a advanced level or higher? Maybe I'm looking at this twisted, but higher level players scoring in lower level songs? Yes enjoy all the songs of course. I had the opportunity to level up a few weeks ago and did not, because I see higher level players scoring in lower levels. I need to beat them at their level not mine?

I know ya'll work hard at this championship and it is greatly appreciated, Thank You!!!

• Like 1