Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 395

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

phhh, lots of work to do lead, 7.5 yeah

41211192qt.jpg

• Like 2

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

piece by piece

41211322ek.jpg

• Like 1

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

@Mikson - man, that´s gonna be something on that 9min song 😉 ... I fear i won´t have too much of a chance... let´s see how much time i´ll get. Did another 10 playthroughs yd eve with all scores below or evening my 83.

@Orkkongen That proves that you are an advanced player:

grafik.png

This is no doubt an ADV/MC Song, Miksons, dice and my scores prove that we are in the right class, and you are not even far behind, you even scored a point.
I know you have trained more than usual that week and that did lead to a higher score than usual, but didn´t you improve more than usual, too???

I know that you are unsatisfied with your situation, absolutely beyond my understanding, i see it a bit like a sporty competition, and when you level up to the next higher league in any sport you cannot expect to take wins instantly (unless you have been very very wrong placed in the lower league).

I´m here for over 6 years, we´ve had that situation a couple of times, normally ending with the player stopping to participate. That would really be a pity, and i really hope that´s not gonna happen.

It´s not so bad that you don´t really know in what class you are participating.... cause i know 😉 .

Rock! Rod.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Rodman said:

@Orkkongen That proves that you are an advanced player:

grafik.png

This is no doubt an ADV/MC Song, Miksons, dice and my scores prove that we are in the right class, and you are not even far behind, you even scored a point.
I know you have trained more than usual that week and that did lead to a higher score than usual, but didn´t you improve more than usual, too???

I know that you are unsatisfied with your situation, absolutely beyond my understanding, i see it a bit like a sporty competition, and when you level up to the next higher league in any sport you cannot expect to take wins instantly (unless you have been very very wrong placed in the lower league).

As proves go, this is not very convincing. 😉 Your score was from Sunday... on the first day, while my score was from the last final day. Diceslinger even mentioned, that he didn't have much time this week... so no, not very good "proves".

The main reason for me to move up, is to open the contest a bit more in the intermediate group.

Yes, I improved a lot and that is all very fine. But as the scores show, I'm not going to win (or be close) for some time. And that is important to tell my self. I'm learning a lot, and I enjoy all those new songs I get to play every week. I should do my best, but accept, that I'm not (at the moment) actually playing to win.

But to be a bit provoking... When are you going to move up? You know... get all those good challenges. As I mentioned before, those arguments you give me, works just as well for you. 😉 And the MC-group is still rather small. To be honest, if you practiced as hard as I did this last week, you would be close to wining the Masterclass. Just saying.

• Like 1

Not quite sure this should be a "3".  Seems a little easy for that rating.  Or maybe I'm starting to get a bit better?  Who knows.  Seems like a few more times thru this should give me a better score.

yTItmb2b_t.png

• Like 2

@diceslinger... what a hard hard arranged song .. tempo is wildly changing from 90-100-190.... and back

However i am happy with the result. As always there was about no time. The vocals from my sweet 9yo daughter are first take as we only had 30mins, The drums and synth are midi bg, the rest - Bass. 2 guitars, solo is me. No effects (except the dist on guitar), mastering only by adjusting the volumes.
Picture was taking while riding my bike last sunday on a family bike trip. 

Cannot wait for your version!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Orkkongen said:

As proves go, this is not very convincing. 😉 Your score was from Sunday... on the first day, while my score was from the last final day. Diceslinger even mentioned, that he didn't have much time this week... so no, not very good "proves".

The main reason for me to move up, is to open the contest a bit more in the intermediate group.

Yes, I improved a lot and that is all very fine. But as the scores show, I'm not going to win (or be close) for some time. And that is important to tell my self. I'm learning a lot, and I enjoy all those new songs I get to play every week. I should do my best, but accept, that I'm not (at the moment) actually playing to win.

But to be a bit provoking... When are you going to move up? You know... get all those good challenges. As I mentioned before, those arguments you give me, works just as well for you. 😉 And the MC-group is still rather small. To be honest, if you practiced as hard as I did this last week, you would be close to wining the Masterclass. Just saying.

Fine! Thats the spirit!
No, that´s not provoking at all, just fair. As mentioned before i am an oldschool upleveler, so when i hit 99.5 on a 7+ song song i move up, and i had 99.49 once...
Why am i still in adv and right in adv is that i am not a bassplayer. I love playing bass, it´s extremely fun and i do one run at least on my class, often i don´t have time for more, cause i am still so far away of anything close to guitarplaying that my focus is clearly there.

@Orkkongen you outwork people for your wins, you absolutely will be able to hold your own in advanced bass.  I know, because that is my trick too 🙂  Or was until @Rodman started distracting me with these side projects 🙂  Steel sharpens steel, I look forward to crossing axes with you! 

• Like 2

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

1 hour ago, Rodman said:

@diceslinger... what a hard hard arranged song .. tempo is wildly changing from 90-100-190.... and back

However i am happy with the result. As always there was about no time. The vocals from my sweet 9yo daughter are first take as we only had 30mins, The drums and synth are midi bg, the rest - Bass. 2 guitars, solo is me. No effects (except the dist on guitar), mastering only by adjusting the volumes.
Picture was taking while riding my bike last sunday on a family bike trip. 

Cannot wait for your version!

Really nice man.  Do you know how I know your stuff is good?  I sit listening to it with a grin on my face, and have to watch it a second time to listen to the guitar playing.  I didn't realize that until now.  Your daughter was awesome, what a good voice!  Now I wish I had more songs like this to suggest!  Glad you two could do that together!

How did you end up solving the tempo change issue with your recorder?  

• Thanks 1

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

21 hours ago, Rodman said:

I´m here for over 6 years, we´ve had that situation a couple of times, normally ending with the player stopping to participate. That would really be a pity, and i really hope that´s not gonna happen.

I just came to think about this sentence (after the computer was turned off)... You've had this situation a couple of times. And it has never made you think, that we/you might have to do something about it? That maybe how it works is not the best way...? Somehow some participants stops participating, because of this exact situation. Then the right question should not be, how to persuade me to accept the situation, but how to ease the "transition"? For me and those others coming in this situation...

As I see the problem, the first two groups are not stationary groups. If you play them for some weeks, you are bound to get this level of expertise. So we're all bound to get to the advanced class, but at this level, you don't necessarily improve enough. So at this level we have this rather big group, of experienced players, who is close to move up... but doesn't.
It doesn't make any sense to have annual scores for the lower levels. Then winner of a year at beginner, is the player, that manages not to move up the longest. 🙂

@diceslingerYou look forward to cross axes with me... and then plays 98.69%. Quite nicely illustrating why I'm not in reality competing with you. 😉