Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 393

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2480642205

Masterclass - Bass. I think i couldve kept going with it, but it's been a long week. Also, sticking with Masterclass has been a nice measure of me progressing over time I think (except with some brutal tough ones). 

Can i make some requests for future MC?

• Like 2

>> Rocksmith Championship - Screenshot Folder Link <<

Peace, love and grindcore. 🤟

I've been ill this week, so I never got to practice as much, as I would've liked. Today I couldn't play the beginners song or intermediate any better than last time (actually a bit worse).

The advanced song is... well rather advanced... when it comes to the fast part in the middle. With a little focus (and luck) I can play that part in 90% tempo with only around 2 missed notes. When playing through it's just as wrong as what I have posted before...

But there is a "bass 2" part! What is the difference?

It seems just like the other part, but when I played it through I managed to get 1% better. I don't know if there is any differences, so I don't know if it counts. But here's the score from this bass 2 part: 44E14F462A409F5A887F4051AF6FDD50ED2ECE71

• Like 1

So, the "beginners" song selection IMO was way over the top hard. I've been playing this game since RS 1 came out and there's no way I'm clearing it on hard SA. I get that we're trying to get better and most people that come across this aren't true beginners, but if there was, they would try these songs and never come back. I'm grateful that you guys have ran this competition and I appreciate the dedication and 393 weeks is a tremendous amount of work so I'm sorry at how whiney this must seem. Just an observation from someone new.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Banjoclan said:

So, the "beginners" song selection IMO was way over the top hard. I've been playing this game since RS 1 came out and there's no way I'm clearing it on hard SA. I get that we're trying to get better and most people that come across this aren't true beginners, but if there was, they would try these songs and never come back. I'm grateful that you guys have ran this competition and I appreciate the dedication and 393 weeks is a tremendous amount of work so I'm sorry at how whiney this must seem. Just an observation from someone new.

No problem, I get it and we always appreciate feedback. This was a "Da Capo" week meaning no one was able to do selections so we re-posted an older week. I'm guessing the beginner lead song was under-tiered the first time (it's rated a 4 which should be intermediate). I'm doing selections for this coming week and the beginner song should be truly beginner (3 difficulty). 

• Like 1

So, for nerdy fun I installed Customs Forge Song Manager on Ubuntu Linux using PlayOnLinux and created a symlink to my Rocksmith directory. That has been fun. For a stretch today I installed RocksmithToTabsv1.1.

I used PlayOnLinux to install Custom Song Manager from Customs Forge.
I Located directory CFSM was installed in. Created Rocksmith to Tab V1.1 directory
Copied RocksmithToTab directory over from my downloads - and extracted the files here.
Opened up PLayOnLinux
Selected CFSM, then selected "Open the Directory"
Went to RocksmithToTab directory and ran the RocksmithToTab GUI.
For Rocksmith directory - I previously made a symlink to get CFSM working - it's at: Z:\home\bruce\Rocksmith
Saved tabs to: c:\users\bruce\My Documents\RocksmithTabs
used .gp5 format

Installed tuxguitar

Located Rocksmith tabs export directory:
\home\bruce\.PlayOnLinux\wineprefix\CFSM\drive_c\users\bruce\My Documents\RocksmithTabs

Fired up TuxGuitar and looked at the Xuto lead tabs. That is nuts! It was hard enough to get a 74 using Rocksmith. I have no idea how far I'd get just reading the tabs.

But if you are a Linux user: Customs Forge Song Manager does most of it's functions (I just couldn't get it to kick off Rocksmith from within CFSM). Rocksmith To Tabs works. It was tough figuring out how to get it to work. If I fry my PC, I'm not sure at all if I could get it working again. But it sure was interesting looking at the tabs for Homem do Leme!

• Like 1

• Rodman unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...