CustomsForge Update - Donations are gone, Patreon is here to stay.

• Administrator

Hey all,

It's been a tough week for me as I lost my mother a few days ago. Only 6 months ago I lost my father as well.

I've been reflecting on my life and what to do for the future of it. I want to continue supporting CustomsForge as best as I can and the best way to do that is to shut down donations permanently as I've been having issues with PayPal & taxes. 

For the sake of my sanity I am moving the website to a Patron-only support model as it is easier to track and deal with. That way I can resolve my debt issues caused by the site (that is 100% my fault, I didn't know what I was doing at the time and it caught up to me). 

Thank you for your continued support. 

Edit:
Join our Patreon via: https://customsforge.com/index.php?app=patreonintegration&module=system&controller=patreonconnect

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

My condolences on your lost, wishing U the best. I can't even imagine how hard that is. I'm sure your parents were proud of you for keeping this comunity alive. And  I think I'm speaking on behalf of everyone who's part of this community when I say that we are proud of you as well.

• Like 1

• Administrator
14 hours ago, Ls1997 said:

My condolences on your lost, wishing U the best. I can't even imagine how hard that is. I'm sure your parents were proud of you for keeping this comunity alive. And  I think I'm speaking on behalf of everyone who's part of this community when I say that we are proud of you as well.

Thank you guys, and especially this post. My parents were really proud of what I've done here at CustomsForge and I always talked about it when I saw them. 

• Like 4

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

So sorry for your loss fella

I can relate to what what you are going through, my wife, soulmate and partner in crime of 30 years lost her battle with cancer a few weeks ago, hence my absence from the site over christmas and into the new year, been a tough few months I can tell you.

Parents are so underrated, we take them for granted yet owe them so much, we inherit so many traits (some good some not so much) from them, as you have said yourself they were and will always be proud of what you have accomplished here and in the other aspects of your life.
 You are always going to have the memories of your time with them, the fond ones from yesteryear will soon be front and centre buddy.
Hang in there, with time loss will get easier I tell myself that often to try and will it to be so 😢 

Guitars: ESP LTD F-54 Bass, Tanglewood Curbow4 Bass, Stagg BC300-N Bass, Yamaha BBN5bk (5String), ESP LTD AX-360, Plus a cheapo no name acoustic

• Administrator
12 hours ago, Bluetac said:

So sorry for your loss fella

I can relate to what what you are going through, my wife, soulmate and partner in crime of 30 years lost her battle with cancer a few weeks ago, hence my absence from the site over christmas and into the new year, been a tough few months I can tell you.

Parents are so underrated, we take them for granted yet owe them so much, we inherit so many traits (some good some not so much) from them, as you have said yourself they were and will always be proud of what you have accomplished here and in the other aspects of your life.
 You are always going to have the memories of your time with them, the fond ones from yesteryear will soon be front and centre buddy.
Hang in there, with time loss will get easier I tell myself that often to try and will it to be so 😢 

I'm so sorry for your loss, thank you for this post. We will both continue to push forward as hard as it may be. ❤️

• Like 1

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

Sincere condolences! And a big thank you for choosing to keep this community going. I can't imagine what you're going through, but I do know that after I lost my grandpa late last year the CDLCs were quite a way to help me get through it. Kudos to the creators, but it wouldn't have happened without everything you've done.

I haven't been long around the forums, but I really love this community and I, for one, would gladly help you with to at least pass the financial sh*t you're going through with any small effort I can afford. Pretty sure there are at least a hundred people who would join the effort.

Your work is most definitely appreciated even if not everyone takes some time to share their thoughts with you!

CustomsForge is a name that will not be forgotten for quite a while. It's your legacy and I love you for having the b*lls to start such a huge project. 🤘

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Man what a tough time you've been served - hope you have good friends and family around you to help you get through things. You certainly have a show of support from your community. I had to cease my Patreon donations a few months ago after I lost my job, but having had a serious look at my expenditures and getting things in order (not buying multiple coffees everyday has alone saved a fortune!) I'm able to re-commit - it's not much for now but every little bit helps right. 

Actually you may be interested to know this site has other influences - being a Mac user you can imagine the times I've had to come and seek help on here following the latest OS changes. I've always wished I had a better understanding on the tech side of discussions which is partly why I'm now on a full stack development course. So (fingers crossed) I may have a new career in software development in front of me ...... or failing that, I may at least be able to understand or contribute to the tech discussions!

Hope things take a positive turn for you too and thank you for keeping CF rocking on!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Well I gotta log in more often.

I'm really sorry about your parents.  It's never easy to go through something like that.  My sincere condolences.

So I'm not into Patreon - I'll have to look into it. But you can expect me to use it to donate again. It's been too long for me.  Thanks for running this man! 

• Like 3