Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 390

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

@diceslinger dammit, that was hard

i´m happy with the result, it´s guitar bass vocals - all done in one long take, for bass and vocals it´s the first takes that made it to the record, for guitar it´s 2nd take after 2 hours of practicing and a solo. I really must optimise my technique to start a RS song to be in sync with my click recording - really drove me nuts here, however - what do you think? and so waiting for your version.

One thing is for sure - we must do more metal.

• Like 4

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

Class songs:

Lead - like rhythm except the section with lead 😉

Ax0zoQy.jpg

Rhythm - nice and fun... took me some time to get a verse riff...

D8Fuw2d.jpg

Bass - I cannot get that riff at all... I don't know,.. i cannot hear it or nor play it.

0zm8oij.jpg

Other songs:

That's a nice piece of song to play

IzeKOM5.jpg

Ohhh man... how many notes are in here...

3rREJu1.jpg

Also cool one:

ItE64e9.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Rodman said:

i´m happy with the result, it´s guitar bass vocals - all done in one long take, for bass and vocals it´s the first takes that made it to the record, for guitar it´s 2nd take after 2 hours of practicing and a solo. I really must optimise my technique to start a RS song to be in sync with my click recording - really drove me nuts here, however - what do you think? and so waiting for your version.

Dude....that was amazing!  Your vocals, they made it for me.  I can't believe you got the guitar and bass parts in one take.  The consistency, very nice! 

As an aside, I was listening to the song, and I wondered how the guitar sound was so tight in the riff.  I thought hmm...maybe they used a gate on it.  The I was talking to my recording teacher and sure enough, he confirmed that most metal guitar has a gate pedal first off to minimize the noise, otherwise the overdrive distortion amplifies it all like crazy.  So the gate cuts all sound below a certain level, cutting out all the incidental noise you don't want.

Your picture is perfect.  Seagulls are destruction wrapped in feathers.  I've seen them poke holes in soda cans with their beaks.

You rock man!  Nice job!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

10 hours ago, Rodman said:

Wow this is really good, probably the best you've recorded so far. Your voice is good for metal arrangements, so keep it up!

• Thanks 1

Some Bass from yesterday evening session:

20210415235443-1.jpg

20210415235949-1.jpg

20210416001307-1.jpg

SA next attempt - this is 6/6,5 max IMO. A few misses on harmonics.

20210416001718-1.jpg

I played this a few months ago and only achieved 85%. So good progress since that time. But still problems.

20210416000736-1.jpg

The conclusion is that it's easier for me to play charts with fast shifting over the frets, with using 1 or 2 strings, than charts with fast switching between the strings.

• Like 1

Two days more are gone, but I've moved on the songs. First of the beginners "choice". It's fairly simple, and this time, I managed to get a better score, but I have this feeling, that it's a bit of. I feel I have to play very laid back (or late) to get the better precision. Do you have the same feeling?

AC230724D26025FC85D5574B6886165B4F395A0B

Then there is this never ending song about the mirror. Go buy your own damn mirror! 😛 I still don't care much for the song, but I played it another time today... and behold! An improvement! 🙂

BCB8499C31D72F888ABCB0B646ECC4E02EADC513

On the other hand, the advanced song is so much more fun. I really like it, and so I've practiced this a lot... and it pays off... who would have guessed it!

B7C61D635F94F3242AC3D1F4415CE1AC2762882A

I don't think I'm ready to move up. I think this might have been in the easy end of the advanced class. In other weeks I've had no chance...

• Like 3

I'm back. I finally figured out (the majority) of the issues I was having. Remember kids, if your bass/guitar has an EQ.. check the damn battery... that said, I am a little rusty so I need to dust off. Here's some No Doubt. 

I played it a bunch more but this is still my best so far. The crazy harmonic can kiss my butt ^_^

N1QYwoa.png

• Like 3

Good selection this week:

Green Day: 

Vwg4b9SK_o.jpg

MCR, I always kind of looked down on these guys when they were big (I was in HS and thought they were for chicks) but I actually liked this track:

FltbGi7a_o.jpg

No Doubt, I was a wee lad when this came out. Just four years old. I remember the album being huge though and actually getting a copy from my cousin and I also remember having a thing for Gwen even at a young age. I need to give this album a re-listen. Makes me miss the 90s man: 

hrxLtdC0_o.jpg

The Enemy Within, this song really pushes me. I could probably get into the upper 80s if I really worked it but didn't have time this week: 

n7eS3NdN_o.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, TarpMada said:

No Doubt, I was a wee lad when this came out. Just four years old. I remember the album being huge though and actually getting a copy from my cousin and I also remember having a thing for Gwen even at a young age. I need to give this album a re-listen. Makes me miss the 90s man: 

hrxLtdC0_o.jpg

I think I had my first slow dance with a girl to No Doubt - Don't Speak. Played it a few times before, got a better score now

FoRsY1d.jpg

• Like 1

Still having trouble using print screen, paste or anything other than Steam, so hopefully these work:

Masterclass Bass:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2459741874

God of Bass: 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2459737308

• Like 2

>> Rocksmith Championship - Screenshot Folder Link <<

Peace, love and grindcore. 🤟

18 hours ago, Orkkongen said:

Two days more are gone, but I've moved on the songs. First of the beginners "choice". It's fairly simple, and this time, I managed to get a better score, but I have this feeling, that it's a bit of. I feel I have to play very laid back (or late) to get the better precision. Do you have the same feeling?

I have felt this way the past couple of weeks.  If I just play the song where it sounds "right" I'm always getting missed notes.  If I pay attention to the "note highway" the final song sounds a bit off.  This does not appear to be a lag issue since so many other songs I play work out just fine.

• Like 1