Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 389

Rodman

On 4/8/2021 at 7:16 PM, kayteck said:

you are 100% right...

unfortunately this competition is not to "play the song as you here it correctly" but more like "play the best whatever you can see on the screen" 😉

sometimes i am very surpriced how the song sounds when i listen to it on spotify after playing it in RS...

You are also right, but I'm here to be a better bass player, not a better computer player. I'm okay at playing computer (and I also practice that often). But you're right: I'm not going to win the competition with that attitude. 😛 

Anyway... I also think the song is rather tedious (at least this bass part)... so this week I'm probably not going to win.

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer
On 4/3/2021 at 10:41 PM, diceslinger said:

I thought I would share a project that @Rodman and I recently finished. 

I'm taking a recording and mixing class, and one of the assignments needed a one minute minimum recorded piece with three tracks, then we had to overdub two more tracks.  Most of the class are music majors, so I assume it was no big deal for them, however I was at a loss for what to do.  Rodman happened to message me, so I asked if he would record a few chord progressions that I could try to do something with.  Man, he was all over it and within a few hours had a verse and chorus section recorded. I put some Band in a Box drums to it, noodled out a melody and a song started taking shape. I've been wanting to write a song for a while, so this seemed like a good opportunity. I wrote some lyrics about the coronavirus lockdown and recorded them as an overdub. I sent it over to Rodman and he recorded lyrics for the chorus, and we each recorded a solo.  I mixed it using what I've been learning, and boom...a song!  So here it is, Lockdown, and original song by Rodman and Diceslinger!

great, but now you need to record a bass to complete. That's really missing

• Like 1
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

Didn't have much time for the Championship this week as I've used more of my Rocksmith time working on my own customs (latest is Unknown Mortal Orchestra - So Good at Being in Trouble).

I think this is more of a 4 than a 3 but it's classed correctly at intermediate:

FFBDC46FA9FBEB3CD6195F268EF94ECF7D41CBE4

This bass chart is largely wrong but it doesn't sound terrible and it's reasonably fun to play IMO:

526C256E7627ADDBE0A915164234B01E44CBD9F1

Ah, Tool...all the fast alternating strings, for 10+ minutes. At the beginning I struggle, then I get the hang of it, then by the end I'm just ready to be done. And I don't care to replay for a higher score:

8CE1870B631C0D47CBBA571BC33A20149F79A722

• Like 5

Ugh. First time i remember to submit in time, and Steam needs a full reinstall and I lose all CDLC. I redownload RS and fire up the Tool tab. Not working, at all. Sigh. I *did* get 94% on bass, but i guess without the screenshot it's kinda hearsay. 

Back up your CDLC, kids!

• Like 1

>> Rocksmith Championship - Screenshot Folder Link <<

Peace, love and grindcore. 🤟

Ladies and Gentlemen

get ready for week 390

only a few moments for your last scores...

• Thanks 1
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

and here we go

week 390

• Like 1