Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 388

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer
On 3/31/2021 at 12:16 AM, diceslinger said:

@Rodman Well, here it is, I finally got my lead vocalist scheduled and recorded.  I'm getting better at recording usable takes, so I have two takes on guitar and panned one left and one right.  The drums are the original stripped from the song.  It wasn't as compelling to play as I thought it might be, but my daughter and I had a blast recording the vocals! 

The picture is one from my childhood photo albums.  It is an abandoned steam locomotive, and I think it was one that the cement plant my dad worked for used to haul rock from the quarry.  I'm asking some train enthusiasts about it to see if it still exists.  I'm pretty sure there were two that the company owned, and the other is at a train museum in Colorado.  I remember we got to climb on it and pretend to drive it, pretty cool for a six year old boy who loved trains!

Yay... first impression - goddamit, that´s the original drumline, and it´s not a cheap midi track - ugh! Who would have thought how a familiar feeling that creates. How did you strip it? Did you find a multitrack or do you have the magic tool for that?
Very very nice guitar work, bravo. For the singing - one, and maybe the most unexpected things i have learned in our unholy journey is that singing is fun, and it´s essential in covers for keeping away the boredom. Here i really can hear how much fun it must have been to record that together. I really hope i can get my 9yo daughter to duet one of the next ones with me, though she probably will silence me and do it on her own to stop hurting her ears or smthg. Only problem is that she hasn´t begun to learn English so thats a bit of an issue, but i see what i can do.
For your mixing - flawless. First i thought the vocals were too dominant, but thats not the case, i think it´s pretty much the grading you will have in the radio-friendly pro production. Thx for the cool pic and story.

So... my turn - what´s next.............sir i love to say we gotta do some metal, let´s go for some hammer riffs to wake up the neighbours, i´m not gonna make it too hard, for sure not soo easy, mdeth symphony of destruction, if we dare?!

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

12 hours ago, someotherbruce said:

Still working on HEAT - Mannequin Show. Wow, I bomb out of Score Attack way too quickly! I'll need to spend a lot of time going over the first few sections. Anyway - do you folks keep a spreadsheet of all the songs that have been played in championships? I thought that would be a good way for me to pick out songs to try. Right now I just pick an artist, look for their DLC then look for their CDLC. 

Two ways you could find songs used in the Championship:

Leaderboard (as pointed out by @Orkkongen - link is always posted in the OP for each week)

Song Selection List (here you will find in the SSL tab requests for CDLC to be used in the Championship - you can add your own requests too - and in the Songs from the Past tab all the songs that have been played previously, including links to ignition)

• Like 1

My class comes 1st...

rw1zYSF.jpg

I don't know how many times I played this song in rhythm... they are still few bridges I cannot pass through without a miss...

og5B0hv.jpg

And here I just cannot get the main riff... and to be more hilarious I got my best score playing it for the 1st time 🙂 after this it was only below 90%... I don't understand...

L1sB3zG.jpg

And now "for fun" stuff 🙂   1 pass only

LMk7wfk.jpg

This was supposed to be easy... 

zz19yEL.jpg

S9SVfNb.jpg

YUdMgUj.jpg

All other songs scores not worth mentioning 😉

• Like 2

13 hours ago, jellisjenius said:

Two ways you could find songs used in the Championship:

Leaderboard (as pointed out by @Orkkongen - link is always posted in the OP for each week)

Song Selection List (here you will find in the SSL tab requests for CDLC to be used in the Championship - you can add your own requests too - and in the Songs from the Past tab all the songs that have been played previously, including links to ignition)

Thanks! That was what I was looking for! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rodman said:

Yay... first impression - goddamit, that´s the original drumline, and it´s not a cheap midi track - ugh! Who would have thought how a familiar feeling that creates. How did you strip it? Did you find a multitrack or do you have the magic tool for that?
Very very nice guitar work, bravo. For the singing - one, and maybe the most unexpected things i have learned in our unholy journey is that singing is fun, and it´s essential in covers for keeping away the boredom. Here i really can hear how much fun it must have been to record that together. I really hope i can get my 9yo daughter to duet one of the next ones with me, though she probably will silence me and do it on her own to stop hurting her ears or smthg. Only problem is that she hasn´t begun to learn English so thats a bit of an issue, but i see what i can do.
For your mixing - flawless. First i thought the vocals were too dominant, but thats not the case, i think it´s pretty much the grading you will have in the radio-friendly pro production. Thx for the cool pic and story.

So... my turn - what´s next.............sir i love to say we gotta do some metal, let´s go for some hammer riffs to wake up the neighbours, i´m not gonna make it too hard, for sure not soo easy, mdeth symphony of destruction, if we dare?!

Thanks!  

For the drums, I use an app on my phone called I am A Band.  It is free and you can upload a song on you phone and it will separate the parts.  You can then play them on your phone, or export them.  I use google drive for shuttling the file back and forth from computer to phone and back.  It works well especially for drums, guitar and vocals, there are some odd artifacts, but in this case the drums were very usable.  I used the same technique for the vocals (then distorted the heck out of them) on our Green Day Time of Your Life song if you remember.

Oohh...Megadeth....Didn't own that one.  Nice riff, a handful of sections repeated, should be learnable.  That solo though.....gonna have to figure out how to fake something for that part!  Sounds good, game on!

• Like 1

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

I feel like this song is 3 songs in one....always seemed odd.  We used to play it in pep band at basketball games.

nTFJIOJ.jpg

a rare capo song

beGecuL.jpg

"which one of you is Pink"....haha!

X8BqxcK.jpg

Not sure I have the fight for bass this week

jE4gwJc.jpg

• Like 2

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

Man, this song is kicking my butt.  Still can't finish it on score attack so I'll just post this for now.  I guess there is quite a bit I need to learn about playing bass guitar.  I can never get the "3rd fret yellow" to a quick "5th fret blue/orange".  And the 4445 on blue is tripping me up.  I've played the song over and over at 75% in RR, but at 100% WOW.  I'll give it a few more tries.

TJuDr7tH_t.png

• Like 1

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

+ bass

40887879wc.jpg

• Like 2

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

For an hour ago I posted yesterday results, but today has been very good for me. And I must say, that this week is indeed a wonderfull collection of very different song, yet all very good in their own way. I especially like Iron Maiden and Wing, because they are so varying through the songs!

The only annoying part is the song from my actual group, and that's only because I can't improve my accuracy. 😞 The song itself is great! But at least my high score has improved, and I've had a bit more success with the difficult parts (the slides).

25B3564C3891AD175DF482F9C3EAA097AED92258

On the other hand, I've finally caught up with the running band. 🙂 And thanks for the heads up of the missing notes (yellow 3 and 5).

D81120236230EA0732535EAAECEEC790AA8EFA2D

So now I've looked more into the advanced class. They are not that easy, but that's why they are advanced. 😛 Though Riverman is no way as difficult as Iron Maidens song! It's a lot of the same over and over and with out to much practicing I managed the 96% accuracy.

2233644540EB362556CE3B579E7BBB46F12547E0

While Iron Maiden has had a lot of my practice time. I really like Iron Maiden, so that motivates me, but even after a lot of practice I only get 94,2% (and some sore fingers).

2032C1C118D6AB664E76F60A45A36FA2D3BE2573

But all this wonderfull music has made me happy! Thank you for this weeks songs, @jellisjenius!

• Like 4

a little improvement on "not my class" song... better than my class intermediate 🙂

i also feel i could do it much better if i would practice a mid section riff as this is where i get most misses, when in intermediate bass song i cannot get that riff... and it is so repetitive, so misses all along the track 🙂

this one feels for me much easier than intermediate this week.

ZfdtI2V.jpg

• Like 3