Need help with a Custom I created. It works but...

mczero

Question

Need help with a Custom I created.

I've made several ok Customs in the past without too much problem. But after generating this custom in SC Toolkit, I struggled for several days to get this one to show up in RS Remastered, having got rid of all errors in EoF. I used the latest hotfix EoF and Toolkit and used CFSM repair on it to no avail. I checked for updates of D3DX9_42.dll and had the latest. In this process I came across a link on CF to Rocksmith Patcher. In desperation I gave this a go and suddenly my custom works perfectly. I don't think it right to post on Ignition just yet as it could cause a lot of people agro as it did me. If I start RS thru steam it still doesn't show but starting with the patcher it is great. I'm hoping the experts here can solve the problem, so it works no matter how you start RS.

Here is my custom:  Frank Zappa San Ber'dino 

Here are all my files used along the way:  Files

Also feel free to download to try it out. It might just work for you. Let me know. The patcher is in there too, if you need it.
I would appreciate it if anyone can make a suggestion or even better tell me how to fix it so It's postable on Ignition and good for anyone to use.

Cheers,

mczero

PS. Thanks to all the guys at CF for the new Ignition and their work gradually getting rid of the bugs over the following weeks.

PPS. Dropbox deleted my Files linked above yesterday. I've put them back up now if you want to make your own version.

Edited by mczero
Dead link restored.

Unaccredited Charter

8 answers to this question

Reposting a quote here from Iminashi for continuity:

"

The custom works on my machine and I'm not seeing any obvious reason why it shouldn't work.

The reasons for a custom not showing up I can thing of are:

-The DLC key used is the same as another custom/ODLC.

-The App ID is set to a DLC the user doesn't own.

-The user has some song list selected.

-Some people have posted about problems with long filenames on Mac, but since I don't own one, I can't test it."

My responses:-

--Slight possibility I might have mixed up DLC key as I tried over 13 times to get it working, but I don't think so. How would the Patcher affect that?

--The App ID is set to Cherub Rock same as all my other customs.

--The user has some song list selected- I've got All Songs selected so...

-- long filenames on Mac. I'm on PC and the custom is a *p.psarc so not that.

Thanks for your suggestions. A very logical set of checks. 

Anybody else got a suggestion?

Cheers,

mczero

Unaccredited Charter

1 hour ago, fetal_icecream said:

ill take a gander anyway.  fingers could use some frank zappa.

whats the patcher thing about ?? 

Whoa ho. Hey fetal,

Glad to hear from you again. I thought you had left the forum cos there wasn't much new Acca Dacca stuff being posted. I guess the wife and children have been keeping you busy. So it goes...

I sure would like to know if this custom loads for you.

I found the link to patcher from a guy called Brubeck on CF. I don't rightly know much about it. i just tried it cos nothing else worked. It seems to be a no cable patch so you can use your Focus right Scarlett or Zoom interface instead of a cable. It also seems to cut that silly Steam log in thing when you are starting. Can't think why it would make my custom work but it did.

Hey do you live on the north or southside of town? We may be close to each other.

Let me know if this works anyhow,

Cheers,

mczero

Unaccredited Charter

13 hours ago, mczero said:

Whoa ho. Hey fetal,

Glad to hear from you again. I thought you had left the forum cos there wasn't much new Acca Dacca stuff being posted. I guess the wife and children have been keeping you busy. So it goes...

I sure would like to know if this custom loads for you.

I found the link to patcher from a guy called Brubeck on CF. I don't rightly know much about it. i just tried it cos nothing else worked. It seems to be a no cable patch so you can use your Focus right Scarlett or Zoom interface instead of a cable. It also seems to cut that silly Steam log in thing when you are starting. Can't think why it would make my custom work but it did.

Hey do you live on the north or southside of town? We may be close to each other.

Let me know if this works anyhow,

Cheers,

mczero

Regarding the No Cable Patch for the Focusrite, why not use RS_ASIO which is far better?

Well, It's been up on Ignition for 5 days with 145 downloads and no complaints. Seems to work for everyone except me on my laptop. I'm beginning to suspect Steam is the culprit since the no cable patcher cures it. It is something to do with having a Steam account on my TV computer as well as the laptop.

So let's consider it problem solved and case closed. Thanks to fetal_icecream, ghr1227 and Ffio for helping or at least taking an interest in the thread. 

Unaccredited Charter