Vocals and accidental selecting of Everything

Hameron

I don't know if this has been reported before, but I can pretty consistently reproduce this "bug" in EOF...

While editing PART VOCALs, when I add a word or edit a word (Edit Lyric dialog box), then press OK out of it... if the next thing I do is a Shift + Click on a different word on the current screen, everything to the left gets selected. I don't think that's the intended action is it?

The thing is, if I'm not editing a word. Like I'm just selecting one, then do Shift+Click on a word to the right, those words and the words in between those words get selected. As expected.

But like I mentioned above, if I go into and correct the spelling of a word, then press OK, a Shift+Click on a word to the right would select everything to the left all the way to the beginning of the song. It's a weird result that I don't think makes sense.

• Administrator

Well, i don't see why you even use Shift+click in the first place if you want to select a single syllable to begin with.

Sure there might be an issue if there's no current selection and you press shift+click but there's also 0 reason to do so.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

I know, it'd be easier to show in a video example or something, but anyway... Typical scenario for me... a phrase like

"Do you want to go" followed by a second phrase like "I'mm ready"

1) I select "I'mm" and edit the spelling. Then press OK.

2) After pressing OK, it's still highlighted/selected without me doing anything else (and currently the only thing selected). I need to make this second phrase move a half second over, so...

3) I Shift+Click on "ready", with the intention that since "I'm" is highlighted, then shift+clicking "ready" would only select those two words. But instead, EOF selected everything to the left as well, so the previous phrase and everything before that gets selected.

I use shift+click a lot for the lyrics to move phrases around to where I perfectly want it to be, maybe do a control+M afterwards if I changed the placement or sustain amount.

• 1 month later...

This happens to me all the time. I try to remember to click "off" of a word first (so that nothing is selected), then click the first word of a phrase and shift + click the last word. However, I always seem to forget.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 3/20/2021 at 11:12 AM, Hameron said:

I don't know if this has been reported before, but I can pretty consistently reproduce this "bug" in EOF...

While editing PART VOCALs, when I add a word or edit a word (Edit Lyric dialog box), then press OK out of it... if the next thing I do is a Shift + Click on a different word on the current screen, everything to the left gets selected. I don't think that's the intended action is it?

I know this is old, but I have somewhat of a solution. I no longer use shift + click to make a lyric line. Instead, I just use control + click to select the first and last words of the line before hitting control + M. That will avoid select everything to the left of a particular line when using shift + click after an edit.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@HameronWe are probably the only 2 ppl who care about this issue lol. I made a discovery today that I wanted to share with you. When using "L" to make an edit, the lyric selection behaves as expected. It's only when using the middle mouse button that the problem happens.

• Like 1