Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 385

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

i love the rain

40737731xd.jpg

• Like 3

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

well played, @Mikson - lead is yours i fear

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

4 hours ago, Rodman said:

Bo-yaaa

40737695ts.jpg

Nicely done sir - I was trying to catch your previous score but just as I got the main riff down I started missing the easier parts and then I would just get frustrated. Still a great bass track and I'll come back to it at some point:

66E15FB1E26DE6E11BC72D412632A5EB6202A4E7

I'll enter a score for this admittedly strange, highly technical song:

EAB404846EA74DB76B3F762BE74044E6995D2126

And it was worth a try but damn Cliff Burton was a freak of nature:

1D92662EC9935D9B1A2BD418DEFD1269311F7206

And what the hell, I'll enter my score on the Lead Beginner song played on my sad old Rock Band guitar/controller:

2658BF0172B1230ECD34D43FBEC4972546CF482B

• Like 2

Wow...the week got away from me.  Schools are re-opening, wife and I got the first round of vaccines, just a busy week.  Sorry guys, I know we all do better when we post though out the the week and push each other.

6WlZyne.jpg

My harmonics on the first phase just don't ring out enough.

fY6ndDI.jpg

js5zZPx.jpg

@Rodman that was such a powerscore!  I can't touch it!

fV3ZX4N.jpg

I had a hard time getting the the hammer on slide combo consistently.  Sounded pretty good though.

FN8RYye.jpg

1CHoQ9o.jpg

• Like 4

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

On 3/9/2021 at 10:24 AM, Rodman said:

@diceslinger guitar, bass, vocals, no post recording effects whatsoever

Ok found time for a lil info. I though suggest you listen first, read later.
That was much fun again. There are some songs i really have in my brain accurately though not listening to them for years. That´s one of those. Right the moment i read we had to do that i was thinking i´ll make a very basic campfiry version guitarwise to remember (as you know was the reason to start the whole thing). So for a start i listened to the song once, bought the dlc, played the guitar parts, then looked at the chords from the "official" UG version and recorded a playthrough with my standard clean tone on my strat which made it to the recording. Added a very backgroundy urban kit drumline, recorded a simple bassline and had a lot of fun singing it a few times (i hope your ears don´t hurt too much), i couldn´t use any effects on vocals and instruments because when setting up the project on my Zoom R24 i chose 48kHz instead if 44.1, and when all was in  the box and i wanted to start adding a lil chorus on guitar "44.1 kHz only" popped up.... However ... sign from the gods or rookie mistake, so all i did was pan the guitar and bass on either sides and mixed the volumes... isn´t it insane how different that all sounds when you go cellphone/stereosystem/headphones. Thx for that choice, happy with the result, cannot waitr for your version.

Picture is from Mount Dobratsch, taken by my wife last week on a Ski tour, blurred vision is caused by Sahara Sand that has been blown here all the way - oh i wish i had been there for that view!

Rod.

This is a very laid back campfire version, you captured that well.  I really don't have much else to add, you wrapped it up into a tight little package that feels very complete.  Nice!

I learned in my class the generally you don't pan the drums and bass (the rhythm section), you leave it center.  This is a legacy from before stereo was a thing, but there still may be cases where a recording is played in mono, or someone is closer to one speaker than the other, so the practice still holds.  This isn't meant as feedback for your song, for what we are doing this doesn't really apply.  I just thought it was interesting and would pass it on to you.

I love the pictures you use, it is cool to see your view of the world.  I'm trying to do that a bit too.  My Stone photo was at a nearby lake where they were skimming the surface of the lake to load airplanes with water to fight a bad forest fire.  The smoke is why it looks hazy in the distance.

I'll get my version laid down this week, just have to find some time and schedule my singer 🙂

• Thanks 1

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet