Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 385

17 hours ago, kayteck said:

I found you have moved me to Advanced in Bass. I don't think I can handle it, not at this stage at least. So I wish to stay in Intermediate if you don't mind.

I have submitted Advanced song just for fun of it.

Thanks.

Hi @kayteck. I looked back through the leaderboard sheet and I think what happened is that you scored a 99.69% on the Week 382 intermediate chart (Def Leppard - Photograph) and since it was a 5 difficulty you were automatically moved up to advanced in week 383. Oddly, I scored a 99.84% but was not moved up. But you have scored over 99.5% on the intermediate song three weeks in a row. I am close to that but will be moving up to advanced this week. 

The official rule is:

You level up

-----   if you achieve 99%+ (bass 99.5%+) on a classes top difficulty song (3 for beg / 5 for int / 7 for adv) - unless you vote against! (your classmates and the orgas will have to let you stay (to avoid players of higher classes to rule a lower league)

-----   whenever you feel ready - just make a post (and pm any orga so you make sure its not overlooked) and you level up.

So I take this as you voting against moving up? 

21 hours ago, Orkkongen said:

Good answers. 🙂 My wondering was a kind of asking, not to be taken as complaining. 😉 But I was frustrated, because the to first songs were so rather easy, and my own level so damn far from my level.

My complaining of the slides has nothing to do with the organizers. It's just annoying, like when people complain about Drop D not being recognized (that I seldom have problems with).

I think you are right, that the The Gold was 6/8, but it was not noted in 6/8, but rather 6/4, meaning the (small) lines were on the 1st, 3rd and 5th note and so on (the semiquavers/8th notes), while it should have been on 1st, 4th etc. It helped me a lot, when I began listening more. 😉 One of my strenghs is to read notes and play rhythms (based on the notes), so when it's of (visually) I get it wrong. But now it's so last week. 😛

But yes, you have a point with different strengths and weaknesses. Sometimes I print a note-version to get a visual overview...
I am a long way from playing with a pick. Never really learned it.

I think that The Reincarnation of... is more simple.  in many ways. But it could have to do with the fore mentioned strengths and weaknesses. Out of curiosity it could be nice to know what others think of a comparison of those two songs.

Hey, thanks. It is very interesting to hear about how others are excelling or struggling with different skills, as it gives me perspective. I'm used to getting the rhythm by ear rather than "reading" the rhythm visually, so I wasn't bothered by the 6/4 charting in The Gold. As for playing with a pick, I played Rock Band for many years and learned to "alt strum" on the fake instrument, so when I started up with guitar and bass on RS it came easily. 

Since everyone has different perspectives, it's always good to see differing opinions on the ratings. 

36 minutes ago, jellisjenius said:

Hi @kayteck. I looked back through the leaderboard sheet and I think what happened is that you scored a 99.69% on the Week 382 intermediate chart (Def Leppard - Photograph) and since it was a 5 difficulty you were automatically moved up to advanced in week 383. Oddly, I scored a 99.84% but was not moved up. But you have scored over 99.5% on the intermediate song three weeks in a row. I am close to that but will be moving up to advanced this week. 

The official rule is:

You level up

-----   if you achieve 99%+ (bass 99.5%+) on a classes top difficulty song (3 for beg / 5 for int / 7 for adv) - unless you vote against! (your classmates and the orgas will have to let you stay (to avoid players of higher classes to rule a lower league)

-----   whenever you feel ready - just make a post (and pm any orga so you make sure its not overlooked) and you level up.

So I take this as you voting against moving up? 

well... in this case i will see how advance will go for me 😉

if i will be last few weeks in a row i will ask to go back to intermediate 🙂

• Like 1

Lead start:

20210307132428-1.jpg

I rated it a 5 which I think is good. The only problem with this CDLC is that some of the chords are added as 4/5 separate notes, so if you miss a hit, you are getting a few misses at once, making it harder to get a better score.

20210307133311-1.jpg

First try when I tested the song.

20210225183140-1.jpg

I think it's more 8 than 9.

20210307203702-1.jpg

• Like 2

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

@diceslinger guitar, bass, vocals, no post recording effects whatsoever

Ok found time for a lil info. I though suggest you listen first, read later.
That was much fun again. There are some songs i really have in my brain accurately though not listening to them for years. That´s one of those. Right the moment i read we had to do that i was thinking i´ll make a very basic campfiry version guitarwise to remember (as you know was the reason to start the whole thing). So for a start i listened to the song once, bought the dlc, played the guitar parts, then looked at the chords from the "official" UG version and recorded a playthrough with my standard clean tone on my strat which made it to the recording. Added a very backgroundy urban kit drumline, recorded a simple bassline and had a lot of fun singing it a few times (i hope your ears don´t hurt too much), i couldn´t use any effects on vocals and instruments because when setting up the project on my Zoom R24 i chose 48kHz instead if 44.1, and when all was in  the box and i wanted to start adding a lil chorus on guitar "44.1 kHz only" popped up.... However ... sign from the gods or rookie mistake, so all i did was pan the guitar and bass on either sides and mixed the volumes... isn´t it insane how different that all sounds when you go cellphone/stereosystem/headphones. Thx for that choice, happy with the result, cannot waitr for your version.

Picture is from Mount Dobratsch, taken by my wife last week on a Ski tour, blurred vision is caused by Sahara Sand that has been blown here all the way - oh i wish i had been there for that view!

Rod.

• Like 4

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

bit better
Q1gCTVZ.png

• Like 3

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

+ lead

40727467ew.jpg

• Like 1

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

way better

40727505bq.jpg

• Like 3

On 3/10/2021 at 6:12 PM, Mikson said:

Some Rhythm:

Nice, but I think the chart was exactly like on Lead.

Agreed, I think the Lead/Rhythm charts are exactly the same.

So I played one right after the other!

U2lYCwR.jpg

k6uOOxN.jpg

Never could get into Bjork.  Really impressive creativity, just too quirky for my taste.

Also Bass beginner:

A good friend of mine has been into Tom Waits as long as I can remember.  I never really checked out any of his music.  After this one I'll have to listen to more.

XwGRujF.jpg

uH7ozOi.jpg

• Like 2

Well, I actually have a 98.5% lead score in Pearl Jam Rats track. But to be honest, I'm the one who actually made the CDLC , so I basically went through all of the notes one by one for a million times 😅 I also noticed that for some reason RS doesn't detect all the chords an' notes you play, even though you play it correctly, so that it's counted as a "Missed" note. Happens sometimes 😅 for example, if you play the third fret harmonics during intro, it would always give you a "Missed" note. I think RS has a problem sometimes detecting some "unusual" harmonics (like the ones that are in different frets other than the 5th 7th and 12th). But at least it sound good, and i'm glad you guys like it! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Bo-yaaa

40737695ts.jpg

• Like 3