Rocksmith 2014 Championship Rules (READ THIS FIRST) Updated 06/02/2022

Joey

On 1/5/2021 at 3:29 PM, Orkkongen said:

I would recommend a simplifying of the rules... especially the part about the song list. But the quick question: Do I have to worry about the song list if I participate?

I found the song list, but I makes no sense to me (I'm still new). And so many pages of listings of different kind... a little clean up?

PS: Some links don't work, they miss this part ind the URL: index.php?/ (right after the ...forge.com/ ).

I agree, the original rules seem to be partly outdated and are hard to understand. I'm now helping manage the song selection list so I can help you with that part: you can ignore most of what the rules say about how songs are chosen. As far as I understand, there is a small rotation of forum members who choose the songs each week by some combination of making their own choices however they want, making their own choices based on a theme (a recent one was outlaws), choosing randomly from the song selection list (the "Song Selection List" tab in the spreadsheet), and repeating an older week of the championship (week 62 was a recent example). 

Yes, the spreadsheet is messy, but you can ignore all of it except the SSL tab. Anyone is welcome to add songs, I've just added some myself, and the more you add the better your chances of having one chosen. If a link is broken, it's still easy enough to find a song on Ignition search.

I've been cleaning up the SSL tab a bit and wanted to highlight one point: If you are adding a bass-only or guitar-only file, you need to add it to the appropriate tab, not the main "Song Selection List" but the "Only Bass Songs" or "Only Guitar Songs" tab. This way it's easier for the person selecting a song...for example, if they need a bass-only chart, they can just hop over to the "Only Bass Songs" tab and pick one from there.

If you're like me and adding songs with multiple parts but you only play one or the other, I suggest using "?" for a part that is included but not tested, and "N/A" for a part that is not included in the file. But that's just a preference, not a requirement 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi. I do have a question:

May we still suggest Songs for championship? If yes, to whom? (that song list thing is a ''lost place''🙃)

It is my first time participating here and I concider my self a beginner.

So...I noticed that the song selection (for Rythm/Lead) is just to hard for a beginner to play. There is no way some one who just startet playing guitar could play those chords in Beatles - Help (for example).

What is your definition of beginner? Someone who has played guitar for a few years and knows all the chords (and knows how to implement those chords with their Hand)?

I would suggest easier songs for guitar beginners to play.

Just sayin'

😉🌸

• Rodman changed the title to Rocksmith 2014 Championship Rules (READ THIS FIRST) Updated 06/02/2022
  • 7 months later...

Hey@ LacrimaLuna !
I'm just a particapant in the competition and its always good to see new people joining! the more the merrier 🙂
I havent seen you post in the more recent competitions so im not sure if your question has been answered or not.

Yes! you can submit your suggestions over here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HzgY90kLwyGqzJ-R64v8lmpeQMMhhxwGwUlenepIgms/edit#gid=6 just scroll down to the next empty cells and fill out the information. The team is always looking for good easy begginner choices.

I think begginer songs are usually a combination of some of these elements ; repetetitve, few different sections, mostly single notes, few to none string changes, not that many chords, probably more power chords focused rather than c, a, g, e, d/ variation chords, rarely a solo but if there is one its usually repeatable
good examples imo from older competitions would be
uncool as me-bloodhound gang
whats up 4 blondes (i think theres like 4 chords),
bad reputation joan jett  flyaway lenny kravits etc

there is definatley a spreadsheat with all of the begginer songs but im unsure of where it is... i personally added begginner lead songs from previous competitions here in this spotify list maybe itll interest you

I started out in begginer aswell cause the week i joined begginer seemed pretty hard to me and slowly ive gone up. Its been fun imo!  Its a neat way to challenge yourself to play different songs and actually try to play them decently.  Just go at your pace, Practice with the riff repeater if areas are troubling you...and most importantly have fun!

Hope this answered your questions, and look forward to seeing you in future competitions 🙂

edit: My bad I thought it said august 2022 not 2021 XD

• Like 1

/m/   Genre Custom dlc Playlists  + Weekly Rocksmith championship on Spotify @midi ogre
(you can use Scowalts app to download your liked spotify songs)

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer
2 hours ago, cacahuate51 said:

Hey@ LacrimaLuna !
I'm just a particapant in the competition and its always good to see new people joining! the more the merrier 🙂
I havent seen you post in the more recent competitions so im not sure if your question has been answered or not.

Yes! you can submit your suggestions over here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HzgY90kLwyGqzJ-R64v8lmpeQMMhhxwGwUlenepIgms/edit#gid=6 just scroll down to the next empty cells and fill out the information. The team is always looking for good easy begginner choices.

I think begginer songs are usually a combination of some of these elements ; repetetitve, few different sections, mostly single notes, few to none string changes, not that many chords, probably more power chords focused rather than c, a, g, e, d/ variation chords, rarely a solo but if there is one its usually repeatable
good examples imo from older competitions would be
uncool as me-bloodhound gang
whats up 4 blondes (i think theres like 4 chords),
bad reputation joan jett  flyaway lenny kravits etc

there is definatley a spreadsheat with all of the begginer songs but im unsure of where it is... i personally added begginner lead songs from previous competitions here in this spotify list maybe itll interest you

I started out in begginer aswell cause the week i joined begginer seemed pretty hard to me and slowly ive gone up. Its been fun imo!  Its a neat way to challenge yourself to play different songs and actually try to play them decently.  Just go at your pace, Practice with the riff repeater if areas are troubling you...and most importantly have fun!

Hope this answered your questions, and look forward to seeing you in future competitions 🙂

edit: My bad I thought it said august 2022 not 2021 XD

Sometimes My Bads are My Good!!!

Rock, Rod.

• Like 1

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.