Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 384

Mikson

The Iron Maiden is getting better. Still having trouble with chords and some (slow riffs), but the computer is pretty sure I'm capable of playing it way better than I am. But an accuracy of 96% is also quite okay (though some misses are never discovered). I'll soon try the Score Attack.

DCE7BDF2C134FA8F5188CB8F81FEDEEA4634DC9F

As goes for my own league... we are not good friends. Contrary to Iron Maiden, the computer finds more flaws, than I'm playing. Especially in the beginning with all the sliding. Often when I slide, it does not recognize the note I'm sliding from. That is very annoying! And the streak never gets to build up. It's a great song, and I'm beginning to like it more. But it's really annoying with the recognition failures. 😞

7352F08D707A1E0111BF96558DC163D15FA9E32C

The beginners song is also very good, and enjoyable to listen to, but I think it might be harder than mentioned. It could be 6/8, as mentioned. But I really have problems with getting the rhythm right... and problems with interpretation of what the right rhythm is. That is also the main reason I don't think it is a beginners song. It is indeed a beautiful song! 

• Like 3

@Rodman, Here it is, my version of Audioslave's Like a Stone.  Man, this was a project in itself, but I wanted to do the song justice.  Drums and bass are standard Band in a Box tracks.  I laid down two rhythm tracks and panned one to the left and one to the right.  I then recorded the single note guitar part from the first half.  I broke out the Digitech Whammy pedal for the solo.  Then I got stuck on vocals.  Today, everyone was out of the house, so I put on headphones and just belted it out.  I spent a few hours adjusting, EQing, putting on compressors and here it is.  I'm able to apply some of the stuff I'm learning in my class, so I'm pretty happy with that.  Whew....what a production!

• Like 2

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer
10 hours ago, diceslinger said:

@Rodman, Here it is, my version of Audioslave's Like a Stone.  Man, this was a project in itself, but I wanted to do the song justice.  Drums and bass are standard Band in a Box tracks.  I laid down two rhythm tracks and panned one to the left and one to the right.  I then recorded the single note guitar part from the first half.  I broke out the Digitech Whammy pedal for the solo.  Then I got stuck on vocals.  Today, everyone was out of the house, so I put on headphones and just belted it out.  I spent a few hours adjusting, EQing, putting on compressors and here it is.  I'm able to apply some of the stuff I'm learning in my class, so I'm pretty happy with that.  Whew....what a production!

Oh boy!!! That songpick of mine was golden. Wonder what you would have answered when i would have told you like 4 months ago that in march you were gonna do a song where laying down the proper rhythm and lead arrangement as well as your very well recorded solo using the DT Whammy would just be natural accessories done without pain because you were focusing on getting the vocals down full force............ dammit, cool. It´s such a cool small but immensly powerful song that cannot be done emotionless, and you did great. Fun thing that you doubled the chorus while i doubled the verse. Very good mix with perfect fitting bg music - on cellphone the music volume is too low, that has to be listened on a stereo system - where its great. Your guitar playing feels very precise and chilled as it should, and band in a box did great support....what a production!

What is next 😄 ?

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

8 hours ago, Rodman said:

Oh boy!!! That songpick of mine was golden. Wonder what you would have answered when i would have told you like 4 months ago that in march you were gonna do a song where laying down the proper rhythm and lead arrangement as well as your very well recorded solo using the DT Whammy would just be natural accessories done without pain because you were focusing on getting the vocals down full force............ dammit, cool. It´s such a cool small but immensly powerful song that cannot be done emotionless, and you did great. Fun thing that you doubled the chorus while i doubled the verse. Very good mix with perfect fitting bg music - on cellphone the music volume is too low, that has to be listened on a stereo system - where its great. Your guitar playing feels very precise and chilled as it should, and band in a box did great support....what a production!

What is next 😄 ?

Yep, that was a really good pick, not one I would have thought of off the top of my head, but I'm so glad to have worked on it.  Powerful song!

I was looking, I think we have done 17 songs since we started this last June.  Wow!  You are spot on, I can't believe how far we have come.  This has pushed me in a good way, having to recording and finish a song really makes me resolve issues with my playing. 

For the next song.....how about Soul Asylum - Runaway Train?

• Thanks 1

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

45 minutes ago, diceslinger said:

Yep, that was a really good pick, not one I would have thought of off the top of my head, but I'm so glad to have worked on it.  Powerful song!

I was looking, I think we have done 17 songs since we started this last June.  Wow!  You are spot on, I can't believe how far we have come.  This has pushed me in a good way, having to recording and finish a song really makes me resolve issues with my playing. 

For the next song.....how about Soul Asylum - Runaway Train?

17 (!) Runaway Train ... whats in my head? a campfire classic ... maybe easy to play sure hard to make an interesting Version, yay

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

Had another go today. Much better. Especially the beginners song, though the rhythm is still a bit off, but did quite well. 🙂

DAA0F10BFA294855D1BD69113D3641F40CF0D682

With the intermediate, I was a bit fast with the screen shot. I still misses a lot of notes due to sliding (and recognition), but I think I've begun to understand how it interpretates my playing... This is also okay, but I can do better.

7510FAA333F70930200649D4F18DD5E9BD6ADB33

And then there is the fun Iron Maiden. This is quite okay, for the level above me. 🙂 Almost as accurate as my intermediate song.

10812A837F436743D858571D1D2F25F58D2F78AF

• Like 3

lead, +

40679381ae.jpg

• Like 1

95, oh yes!

40679444ee.jpg

• Like 3

+ rhy

40679523jy.jpg

• Like 2

Class Lead - I am surprised I was able to get as much.

QeUlSGQ.jpg

Class Rhythm - some chords I am not playing very often (never?) - fan fact... on Beginners rhythm I was no able to go over 75%... LOL

HjNPuyZ.jpg

Class Bass - this is actually quite fun and easy to play once you catch the rhythm and slides...

SooBcvB.jpg

This week I could not miss Rhythm Advanced... my song...

ezPBWqV.jpg

I had it for some time now. I remember playing it for approx 95-96%, but it was quite long time ago and for whatever reason I cannot get even close to that level. 

I have to try bass path for this one.

• Like 2

Player XP Levels have been updated.

Have a look at your progress over time if you like

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Looks like I'll have to try some more later.
aO3TSGH.png

• Like 1

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype