How Can I download the entire cdlc library ?

loco3000

Question

I was wonder if there`s an option to download pre selected cdlc on ignition4 ,

Also if someone good on coding , maybe a group of voluntiers can make an simple application on windows like those download manager . a cdlc download manager, with a report bottom to send pm if the link it`s broken.

It`s a bit annoying when you don`t know the artist and cannot decide if the song fift to you , download one by one it`s going to make it very tedius, why not download all entire library (or a bunch of 100 by 100 cdlc) to play it around and find what u like , not just one by one ....

ignition need some kind of download windows inbuild application avoiding to enter a download link, making life easier without suffering discover a broken link , or single download , my browsing is dying with tons of links , pls send us some hero , we need you annon!

7 answers to this question

I'm not sure if it would be doable, given the randomly updated status of CDLC, but it would be interesting if some kind of torrent setup could be created. The bandwidth would be provided by the users seeding the torrent(s)

Maybe like a torrent for each artist could be maintained by users at some point, if allowed

19 hours ago, loco3000 said:

There's no option and there probably wont be one because of the extra load it'd put on the site (site is dodgy enough already). All the customs are hosted on different sites too which'd also be a a pain (especially mega).

It'd also need authorization first which I can't see happening.

No unauthorized use of CustomsForge or Ignition for usage types such as bots/scrapers without the approval from staff.

I think there was plans to merge the search with the song manager (maybe just to check for updates?) but even that hasn't happened yet so I can't see anything similar happening any time soon. Especially since they're planning a whole rewrite of I4 in React instead of Laravel (and then I5 at some point before the heat death of the universe)

It`s a bit annoying when you don`t know the artist and cannot decide if the song fift to you ,

If it's got a mv link just use that to listen to the song, or just google it. Also check the comments to se if the chart is even any good.

It's a big pain at the start but going through and playing them in rs should make up for it.

• Like 1

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

honestly I used to click the mv link but many songs the mv is broken, I mean youtube took down many  Videos for copyright or got deleted, etc, I understand your point , but I was thinking about just download a bunch of cdlc by one click or something and try it having fun, but maybe as you said it will take time and authorization , it's a big time devourer when you or someone new on this dont know the artist, blindly trying one by one , it can take hours .

Just giving an idea for optimize time on searching and life saver if we can download bunch of cdlc by one click , selected ones or a music manager, or maybe rocksmith mod when you can access from the game to ignition search like ubi shop listening preview one and ingame download, sounds like very crazy     

Hey! what I did was organized by MOST downloaded and just slowly went down the list and picked ANYTHING i have heard of... then tried them all out by organizing it by tunings and all of the rediculous stupid songs that where obviously tabbed badly I deleted while in song select after moving off the song

Maybe you can find a torrent with the CLDCs not the paid DLC that would be illegal and not advisable. The more songs you have the longer it takes the game to get the database library file ready each time you load. Forget exactly the wording it uses but normally its a few seconds. Add a few thousand songs and be prepared to wait a while. 

I wouldn't do that either, the customs in those sketchy torrents will be 1) likely out of date and bad quality from the earlier CDLC days. 2) Stolen without credit to the original charter and 3) Do you really want to risk getting a virus for the sake of grabbing CDLC in bulk? Not worth it and not something CF particularly likes either.

On 2/23/2021 at 5:00 PM, loco3000 said:

Also if someone good on coding , maybe a group of voluntiers can make an simple application on windows like those download manager . a cdlc download manager, with a report bottom to send pm if the link it`s broken.

It`s a bit annoying when you don`t know the artist and cannot decide if the song fift to you , download one by one it`s going to make it very tedius, why not download all entire library (or a bunch of 100 by 100 cdlc) to play it around and find what u like , not just one by one ....

ignition need some kind of download windows inbuild application avoiding to enter a download link, making life easier without suffering discover a broken link , or single download , my browsing is dying with tons of links , pls send us some hero , we need you annon!

I am currently working on a Spotify match website. I am just waiting to hear back from Unleashed to get permission to scrap the table from ignition4. But it will have 30 seconds previews [as long as the artist gave Spotify permissions] (directly from the Spotify API so 100% legal)  and advanced filter options. Here is a little sneak peak 🙂

I've added 10 tracks manually so far for testing so this is what it looks like:

image.thumb.png.3b72eba834e55a93a41ee460d6d6b71d.png

All content will redirect to the tracks CDLC page by pressing the little guitar icon. Additional filtering by band, and platform will also be available upon release. 

• Like 1