Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 383

Rodman

5 hours ago, Rodman said:

@diceslinger Man - are you on fire! You giving helluva competition in all paths. What a score on lead and bass esp. already 🤺

I had been slacking off, only playing the contest songs a handful of times each week.  I'm trying to put in more effort.  Now I'm getting a bit of a practice regimen.  I am learning the Beatles "In my Time" for the final recording and mixing project for my class.  So I start with the bass part and the rhythm part of that song.  Then I've been playing our Audioslave "Like a Stone" song on rhythm trying to get that solidly in my head.  Then I jump into the contest songs and play them a couple times apiece depending on who is in the room and if I've burned them out on that particular song 🙂

• Like 2

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

6 hours ago, Rodman said:

Thought i did answer yd.... hmmmm.... however:
We were specifically asked to award that one. The bonus CS arrangements don´t count for the 10-week leaderborard nor the player xp levels, but for sure we can award the wins, @Mikson, @All Players - what do you think?

I am in favor of announcing the winners of the bonus paths when we have them, absolutely.

• Like 2

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer
1 hour ago, diceslinger said:

I had been slacking off, only playing the contest songs a handful of times each week.  I'm trying to put in more effort.  Now I'm getting a bit of a practice regimen.  I am learning the Beatles "In my Time" for the final recording and mixing project for my class.  So I start with the bass part and the rhythm part of that song.  Then I've been playing our Audioslave "Like a Stone" song on rhythm trying to get that solidly in my head.  Then I jump into the contest songs and play them a couple times apiece depending on who is in the room and if I've burned them out on that particular song 🙂

That´s absolutely the spirit!

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

Beginner Lead

It is easy enough, but somehow more difficult than Intermediate Rhythm, despite passing "solo" section on 100% 😉

WBzEd6f.jpg

Intermediate Rhythm:

This one so much fun to play... my palm hurts though from all barr  chords...

oNVDuv8.jpg

Beginner Rhythm

I cannot play G chord with all 4 fingers (Big G?) and when I play it as usual, I am getting a miss, well... 5 out of 10 times 😉 basically all 8% missing here are G cords :)))

5cdKivV.jpg

Beginner Bass

Very easy, recognition on drop D sucks though... every time it was coming I was praying to the game to recognise the note...

Or maybe it is just me pressing the string to hard or too soft so the pitch is off? Who knows...

CbY6Oiw.jpg

Intermediate Bass

Enjoyed it a lot...

IfucECV.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jellisjenius said:

I am in favor of announcing the winners of the bonus paths when we have them, absolutely.

me too...# 😛 What's the point in having bonus paths if not? I mean, if no recognition or award of any kind, then no need for bonus paths. If I need other things to play just for the fun of it, I'll go nuts on the CustomsForge-page. 😉 So I'd say: reward points, mention names and so forth...

• Like 3

On 2/23/2021 at 11:50 AM, Rodman said:

Thought i did answer yd.... hmmmm.... however:
We were specifically asked to award that one. The bonus CS arrangements don´t count for the 10-week leaderborard nor the player xp levels, but for sure we can award the wins, @Mikson, @All Players - what do you think?

Sounds good, you can see some people want those wins so let's give it to them!

• Like 3

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

@diceslinger here is a nice Stone waiting around while everyone is skiing or hiking, maybe hunting around all those years

had lots of fun recording that.
no effects except my guitar tones, no effects on the vocals.

Again that came easy (for the monster of a challenge - having a master on guitar and vocals, and a rather small song with nowhere to hide, however i just ignored all that), recorded a clean rhythm guitar, a lead guitar, experimented with vocals ... well singing that one octave low did sound unfitting, the high one ... high, so i added a 2nd lower vocal harmonic to verse... and that was way better. For the chorus i stayed single track and tried to express the desperateration there. Then fooled around with the drum patterns from standard rock to crazy jazz and finally found the chilly one i ended with.

Really unsure what you are gonna think of that one. Cannot wait for your version!

Rock,

Rod

• Like 2

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

35 minutes ago, Rodman said:

@diceslinger here is a nice Stone waiting around while everyone is kiing or hiking around all those years

had lots of fun recording that.
no effects except my guitar tones, no effects on the vocals.

F**K yeah dude!  That was awesome!  Man, so much torment in your voice on the chorus, you captured the pain!  I think that is your best vocal work so far, I just felt it.  Nice tone on the guitar, the two parts integrated well together.  Great selection on the drums too, that steady unrelenting beat propels it forward.  Yeah, real nice version!

• Thanks 1

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet