Is there any kind of transcription rating system?

davidmac

Question

Hi. New CDLC user here. After spending a fortune on official rocksmith DLC, I've come over to CDL for my fresh rocksmith fix.

I've just downloaded and played through a few tracks - some were brilliant, others were not so great. I appreciate the time people put into transcribing, but I'd also like to avoid the worst of the bunch if possible. Is there anywhere that lists the cdlc with some kind of user rating? Is there anyone who transcribes that I should definitely pay attention to (and anyone to avoid)?

12 answers to this question

1 hour ago, davidmac said:

Hi. New CDLC user here. After spending a fortune on official rocksmith DLC, I've come over to CDL for my fresh rocksmith fix.

I've just downloaded and played through a few tracks - some were brilliant, others were not so great. I appreciate the time people put into transcribing, but I'd also like to avoid the worst of the bunch if possible. Is there anywhere that lists the cdlc with some kind of user rating? Is there anyone who transcribes that I should definitely pay attention to (and anyone to avoid)?

There's no user rating system 'cus people'd just rate up songs they like regardless of quality. Same thing with DL count, doesn't indicate quality.

There is no rating system because that will doom CF. That’s the exact reason why the site everyone used before CF ended in such a low note. People wouldn’t rate charts based on their quality but rather if they were about the bands they liked, made by people they liked, and tabbed the way they liked. If you met that criteria you could get some positive reviews, but most of the time they were negative. It disincentivized people to make charts and the site had to shut down. That’s why there is no rating system in CF and there will never be,

From newsletter 18 (worth a read tbh)

The best thing you can do is check the comments and playthrough video if you're unsure, but for most songs you'll just have to try them out yourself. Once you've stuck around here a bit you'll start to recognize users, what genre they tend to upload and their general quality level and you'll just dl stuff done by them.

Also most tabs for custom songs aren't transcribed by the chart creator (I'm guessing). So it's a real mixed bag unless they go through and fix things themselves or you find someone who tabs most of the songs themselves at a decent level.

• Like 3

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

Yeah, I found out DL#s definitely isn't an indication of quality!

Thanks for the tip on the comments. I've only just realised you can access a 'record' page for each track, as I was hitting the 'add' button previously. I'll be sure to check in there for feedback, cheers 🙂

One more question - I noticed a few tracks gave me 100% mastery even if I only hit a fraction of the notes. Is that a bug with some transcriptions? Also, some tracks seem to have pretty nasty 'leveling up', throwing me right in at the deep end on some, and on others, offering 1 note every 4 bars. Is that down to how the transcriber chose to have level progression for that track, or does rocksmith do it all on the fly?

Sorry, one more question - some transcriptions are tuned slightly wrong, as in the track should require you to be slightly sharp or flat. Is there a way to alter the track details to show and require the correct tuning, or is it a case of remembering which tracks are marked wrongly and tuning up by ear when you load it up?

• Administrator

The 100% mastery bug happened with the remastered update as there was a discrepencies between how CDLC and ODLC were made that cause the game to count chords in the score multiple times. This can be repaired by using CFSM (that's a huge part of why we made such a mass repair option) and any song post 2017 shouldn't have that bug or they break our rule.

as in the track should require you to be slightly sharp or flat.

There's a "true tuning" checkbox that should be used on ignition for songs that uses a different reference pitch than A440. If the tuning is wrong in game or that checkbox isn't checked in ignition, it breaks our rule and should be reported.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

6 hours ago, firekorn said:

The 100% mastery bug happened with the remastered update as there was a discrepencies between how CDLC and ODLC were made that cause the game to count chords in the score multiple times. This can be repaired by using CFSM (that's a huge part of why we made such a mass repair option) and any song post 2017 shouldn't have that bug or they break our rule.

There's a "true tuning" checkbox that should be used on ignition for songs that uses a different reference pitch than A440. If the tuning is wrong in game or that checkbox isn't checked in ignition, it breaks our rule and should be reported.

Would you like me to report which ones they are on here, or is there somewhere else I should be going to?

I've played a few more tracks and I'm still having the scenario where some tracks start at near to 100% difficulty when playing them for the first time, and others are absolutely silly low difficulty with a single note every 16 bars, hardly progressing in level through the whole playthrough. Is there any way to have cdlc behave like official dlc and have tracks start at somewhere around your current skill level? Is the difficulty set by the cdlc creator? Does cdlc still adapt to your accuracy and lower or raise the difficulty as you play through the tracks?

I have dynamic difficulty on, level up speed normal, and sight reading set to auto.

I find myself spending a lot of my time creating CDLCs but also "fixing" other people's CDLCs for my own enjoyment.   Things like volume levels of tones and stuff like that are things that for me can really ruin playing a CDLC of a song I like but not only that but that's usually a starting point.

You may find yourself doing the same thing.

'From first to last, the peak is never passed. Something always fires the light that gets in your eyes.'

Same here... I wasn't planning on making more CDLC right now but I started spending a lot of time doing my own the last couple weeks cus I can't find good enough ones available. I'm actually really glad it worked out that way because its a really good way to learn a song. By the time you finish a CDLC, you really have a song much more internalized than just downloading one already made

• Administrator

There's a few people that put out good ones, but they are limited and not many people give them exposure.

But do comment on people's work, it helps other as well as the author if they are so inclined to do something. Quality won't go up if users don't show that they seriously care.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity