new computer, now cdlc wont work

Previous to getting my new computer I had a small assortment of cdlc files that were in a folder inside the games DLC folder, and they worked fine.  On the new computer, I can not remember if I simply redownloaded the game from steam or if I copied the file from my old computer and just transferred it.  I know I copied my cdlc files on a zip drive and placed them in the DLC folder, just like they were before.  The game works perfectly and Steam recognizes my copy and has a product key as well.  I also have Cherub Rock, and it runs perfectly.  

Here is where the issue starts.  The CDLC songs show up on the list of songs like they should, music plays when that song is highlighted, and it allows you to select the song.  The problem is that when you select rhythm, lead, or bass and press enter it takes you to the screen where the song usually starts but there is no music or strings.  Just speakers on the left and right, and the screen is locked.  You can not exit screen or anything.  All you can do is hit the windows button and close the entire program.  I saw someone suggest placing your CDLC's directly with the DLC's and not in a subfolder, but this did not work either.  Any tips or ideas are much appreciated.

29 minutes ago, TexasRhino12 said:

Previous to getting my new computer I had a small assortment of cdlc files that were in a folder inside the games DLC folder, and they worked fine.  On the new computer, I can not remember if I simply redownloaded the game from steam or if I copied the file from my old computer and just transferred it.  I know I copied my cdlc files on a zip drive and placed them in the DLC folder, just like they were before.  The game works perfectly and Steam recognizes my copy and has a product key as well.  I also have Cherub Rock, and it runs perfectly.  

Here is where the issue starts.  The CDLC songs show up on the list of songs like they should, music plays when that song is highlighted, and it allows you to select the song.  The problem is that when you select rhythm, lead, or bass and press enter it takes you to the screen where the song usually starts but there is no music or strings.  Just speakers on the left and right, and the screen is locked.  You can not exit screen or anything.  All you can do is hit the windows button and close the entire program.  I saw someone suggest placing your CDLC's directly with the DLC's and not in a subfolder, but this did not work either.  Any tips or ideas are much appreciated.

Sounds like you forgot the dll, try this

Ea3cCUQ.png                                               "Be excellent to each others"-Kurokotei / 黒皇帝                                                Gh59blB.png

My todo list (majorly outdated)                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        500 songs hype

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.