Tuner not working or song not playing

TwistedThistle47

Question

I am a total noob to all this so please be gentle with me! 😂

(Bass tabs) I managed to download some cdlc and get them in the dlc folder.  Opened up rocksmith and the songs are there...GREAT!  get to the tuner, the first string tunes fine but I cannot get the second string to tune at all. It keeps jumping all over the place.  This only happens with cdlc files.  Also, if I do make it through the tuner part and get to the song, the song never loads.  Is there something I am missing or doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

12 answers to this question

13 hours ago, joseph6576 said:

im having the problem of not even being able to get to the tuner it just freezes going into the tuner but for me yeah i bought that

Well these 2 things are the only ones needed to get it to work.
But there is also the possibility that you have a corrupted CDLC in your list somewhere.
Maybe the one your trying.
I always download a CDLC, then I import them into the toolkit, check if I see strange things, and adjust those.
And in the worst case, I rebuild the extracted files, like if it was a new CDLC.
If this still does not help, then i'm out of options for now.
And ofc I assume you have the bought version, not the cracked version of RS.

I have a similar issue with Dire Straits tunnel of love that I got from the Ignition library. It shows no bars or towers on the preview area. The ones that show if you have gotten full skill in that part of the riff/song unlocked. The preview of the song plays without issue. However, when I try to play it it just freezes at the wall of the studio room, and I can't fix unless I force close with alt-f4. Telegraph Road does the same thing. Both of them I think are from the same user. Ran them through the toolkit and tried doing the update thing in the packer/unpacker section, and that sadly still did not fix my issue. Have the DLL file from this thread in the main directory, and other CDLC songs work fine, so it might be on the creators end?

Feel free to try this two songs, fellow viewers/readers. Maybe you'll have better luck?

Luke.

4 hours ago, ForgedCustoms said:

I have a similar issue with Dire Straits tunnel of love that I got from the Ignition library. It shows no bars or towers on the preview area. The ones that show if you have gotten full skill in that part of the riff/song unlocked. The preview of the song plays without issue. However, when I try to play it it just freezes at the wall of the studio room, and I can't fix unless I force close with alt-f4. Telegraph Road does the same thing. Both of them I think are from the same user. Ran them through the toolkit and tried doing the update thing in the packer/unpacker section, and that sadly still did not fix my issue. Have the DLL file from this thread in the main directory, and other CDLC songs work fine, so it might be on the creators end?

Feel free to try this two songs, fellow viewers/readers. Maybe you'll have better luck?

Luke.

I checked the Dire Straits ones, as I have them, and they are working.
Tunnel of Love has a visually glitch, that should be also creator side, but has no further effects on playing it.
I quickly redownloaded them to see what was with those, when freshly downloaded.
Only thing I found was that there is no Version number in them. (Correct that)
Everything else was ok, except the volumes, as they are all over the place for most CDLC
Another thing that I figured out like 2 years ago, is when you start the game, make sure to let the Enumerating thing finnish before even trying to start playing, I always tune during that, and go fetch me a coffee.
If you still can't make it to work, I will link those 2 songs for you, as mine are working.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgtgGOFEggx1g4w2Okmt5dn2unJA1Q?e=xCi4Um

Just now, Jan Universe said:

I checked the Dire Straits ones, as I have them, and they are working.

Tunnel of Love has a visually glitch, that should be also creator side, but has no further effects on playing it.

I quickly redownloaded them to see what was with those when freshly downloaded.
Only thing I found was that there is no Version number in them.
Everything else was ok, except the volumes, as they are all over the place for most CDLC
Another thing that I figured out like 2 years ago, is when you start the game, make sure to let the Enumerating thing finnish before even trying to start playing, I always tune during that, and go fetch me a coffee.
If you still can't make it to work, I will link those 2 songs for you, as mine are working.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgtgGOFEggx1g4w2Okmt5dn2unJA1Q?e=xCi4Um

No worries Jan, they seem to work now, so like you said maybe as I played them later after other songs by then maybe some process had finished that made them play ok. 

3 minutes ago, ForgedCustoms said:

No worries Jan, they seem to work now, so like you said maybe as I played them later after other songs by then maybe some process had finished that made them play ok. 

If I remember correctly, the Enumerating thing is critical to get everything running smoothly.
No idea what it does exactly, I always tell it's reading in the data from all songs, as your HDD will go crazy for some time, to finnish it.