Smashing Pumpkins

Lil update on ongoing CDLC:

Eye - I ended up restarting this one using the live acoustic performance with Marilyn Manson and have it mostly worked out except a few spots that I still need to transcribe. I'll prob also upload a version of the studio song but will have to finish arranging it.

Fuck You An Ode to No One - have started but still in first stages. This one is actually more tricky on the beat than you'd think

Snail - I have mostly transcribed the song but still have some sections to finish like the solo and misc riffs

And I'm working on bass updates and general chart refining for everything I've already done previously

I don't have any AC and getting hit with a b*tch of a heatwave currently, making it hard to stay motivated to get my IRL stuff done and keep on top of guitar stuff.. so a bit slowed down ATM

• 6 months later...

I'm not sure if I'll be able to return to CDLC creation any time soon.. if anyone happens to want to improve any of the CDLC I've already uploaded, or complete anything I've mentioned starting in this thread which isn't done yet, let me know here and I can get you the project files to work with. My beatmaps at least should all be quite good

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, dt7667 said:

Hey I see you are doing some more work.  If you had time, what about "Ugly" ?   Seems easy enough to tab out.  

I'll give Ugly a look.. The original should be pretty easy but I was also wanting to do the live/electric version of Ugly they played on recent tours

I've been uploading some of the unfinished songs I started previously, and quickly banged out a few that were easy enough on the rhythm part - which is why several of them are rhythm only.  I'll add the other parts as I have time to finish them up, or someone else can update if they want to since I always add my project files to the DL link.

huh, somehow I confused the acoustic version of Ugly as the original when the electric version is the original. I've known the song primarily from the "Chicago Tapes" collection where its just an acoustic song 

Started tabbing out the original but realized the recent live version is more fleshed out, seems to be the "Gravity Demo" version except with vocals added... so will have to decide on using that one for the CDLC or maybe just including alternate guitar part for the original

Yeah it was on the 1979 single, which is included in that box set. I never had the box set, but strangely 1979 was the only single I bought, yet I still don't remember the song being on it... 

Got the CDLC up, the live arrangement part sounds a bit empty without the other backing parts so maybe will do another live version at some point

If anyone experiences issues with any songs using Riff Repeater (or otherwise), please let me know so I can try to address it

Got a comment on "Beyond The Vale" that its not working in riff repeater but without further info I have no idea what that means... I tested all parts without issue on my end.