Smashing Pumpkins

9 hours ago, jellisjenius said:

I appreciate all your work on the Pumpkins catalogue, @arrov. Your list is great, I would also be interested in Frail & Bedazzled, Obscured, and Blue from Pisces Iscariot, and Shame from Adore. As for Soma, I'm a bassist so there is no current version for me 😞

Good songs! I will add them to the eventual list. Soma is already near the top of songs to re-do next, being one of their best. And no worries, I have a good bass tab for it. I barely play bass, so please let me know if any of the bass charts need improvement or if you have better bass tones I'd be happy to add them in.

4 hours ago, smitty248 said:

I had a go on Crush.Very good.

Nice! I kinda rushed the "psychedelic riff" tone so I'll prob redo it again trying to make it a little more accurate, but I still like it as is right now.

Completed & uploaded Daydream - in the process I found this great playlist of vids I'd never seen with Billy giving some background on Gish & SD along with individual songs, and he performs a few songs solo acoustic. The recordings are very good and some clear shots of his fingers playing. Might have to do acoustic CDLCs for a couple of these like Rhinoceros

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB91AC1CBE0026977

5 hours ago, arrov said:

Man, I tell ya what... making all these CDLC and playing along, I really appreciate Jimmy Chamberlin as a drummer even more. 

Yeah.  He was the first drummer that (as a pure guitarist) I recognized as bringing songs to life as much as a melody or lyrics etc.  

8 hours ago, jellisjenius said:

I played through all of Gish (well, all of the bass parts) Sunday and had a blast! The three bass charts you did were my favorites - Crush, Suffer, and Window Paine 🙂

Awesome! I've been meaning to go through the other older Gish songs and see if any of them need work, but haven't had a chance yet. 

I should have mentioned here that I chose Suffer for the Championship this week - but I see you already found your way to it @arrov 🙂

Only the bass part is in this week's competition but I have put the lead and rhythm paths in reserve for a future competition. Thanks again for all the excellent Pumpkins CDLC!

thanks again @jellisjenius!

Quick update on where I'm at currently in SP songs:

I've started tabbing out Hummer parts for my new, more correct version

I've also taken a closer look at Snail and will be doing my own version for it. The guitar parts are wrong in places and there is no bass part in the current CDLC. I'm grateful to Revy for doing his Snail CDLC as I had requested it years ago, but this is again one of my all time top SP songs and it needs an accurate chart. But I will have to create all the tabs myself because I can't find any good ones already made.

I've been having to spend more time on other life stuff lately so I haven't been able to work on CDLC as much, so the new ones may trickle in a bit slowly.

Eye is currently on hold because I'm more concerned with the other songs first. (Altho I may decide to go ahead and finish it up)

Ok, got the Soma solo tabbed out, and most of the intro/clean sections. Still have to do all the distorted parts and bass. I have some good tabs I'm working with but the best is in text format and I'm transcribing my own tab arrangements. With any luck I may be able to get it done sometime this weekend. Still gotta beat sync the chart and all that tho.

I'm also working on adding the lyrics to all my already completed SP songs.

On 6/17/2021 at 1:43 AM, arrov said:

Ok, got the Soma solo tabbed out, and most of the intro/clean sections. Still have to do all the distorted parts and bass. I have some good tabs I'm working with but the best is in text format and I'm transcribing my own tab arrangements. With any luck I may be able to get it done sometime this weekend. Still gotta beat sync the chart and all that tho.

I'm also working on adding the lyrics to all my already completed SP songs.

Man..this is SO much appreciated!

Going on my third summer with no AC and its hot early this year... 87 inside right now and its 9pm. It may take me a bit longer to finish this cus my brain is overheating 🤪

Soma Tabs and beatsync are completed... tones almost finished for v1

But I am learning how to apply handshapes to all the notes for a much better chart, whereas before I was just specifying the fingers for certain parts. Should make it a lot better overall but might take a bit longer to complete depending on how long it takes me to fully understand what I'm doing.... and I guess now I will have to go back and update all the previous CDLC to apply these handshapes 🙉

Edit: wow this makes a huge difference. This is an aspect I was continually confused by because I couldn't figure out why my finger positions weren't showing the way it does in official DLC. Handshapes make all the difference. I guess I will def. have to go back and update all my previous songs.

(Edit, just made a long ass post about Soma but I'm gonna shorten it to the point)

I pretty much finished Soma but after going to check some live performance vid, I've realized that the arrangement can maybe be improved to more reflect how it is played live. Being so heavily layered on the album, the version I have done is accurate but I think it would prob be better as the live arrangement in places...

So I'll have to finish making some comparisons and decide what to do with the dang thing...

I do need to fix the way the final 10-12 octave bends are displayed at the end of the solo... I've been trying to get extended notes with bends to display better because RS seems to jack it all up. After applying the handshapes, I can't figure out any way to import a tab again without losing all my work and doing stuff inside EOF is a pain... it should really show as one long extended chord with bends 

The lead tone is a little weird sounding on the lower octave riffs towards the end also

I really would have liked to do more varied tones through the song but as usual the limit of 4 tones is a hinderance.

Was just able to run through the Some "Lead" and play the tones on their own.   Once again your tones are great.  I love the multi effect.  I just sat and noodled with that for 10 mins by itself!   I imagine SP is really tough to create tones for considering everything they through in there.   

Everything seems great on the play through.  As a player I don't really ever notice how certain things are shown on the note highway.  So you are probably just being too hard on yourself as the creator to make those octave bends look right.  

Bottom line is that it is 110% better than the other version out there (not that I don't appreciate the work it took for even the "lesser" CDLC).  Didn't realize that we are limited to 4 effects in a song...that makes it even harder to make a really good SP track.   I can't tell you how much I appreciate the stuff you are putting out on CF.  I have a bunch of your work now and its great fun.  I literally grew up to playing along with the tab book from Siamese Dream everyday after school as loud as I could before my parents got home.  Playing this stuff again just reminds me how much I love guitar and music.  Thank you.  

54 minutes ago, dt7667 said:

Was just able to run through the Some "Lead" and play the tones on their own.   Once again your tones are great.  I love the multi effect.  I just sat and noodled with that for 10 mins by itself!   I imagine SP is really tough to create tones for considering everything they through in there.   

Everything seems great on the play through.  As a player I don't really ever notice how certain things are shown on the note highway.  So you are probably just being too hard on yourself as the creator to make those octave bends look right.  

Bottom line is that it is 110% better than the other version out there (not that I don't appreciate the work it took for even the "lesser" CDLC).  Didn't realize that we are limited to 4 effects in a song...that makes it even harder to make a really good SP track.   I can't tell you how much I appreciate the stuff you are putting out on CF.  I have a bunch of your work now and its great fun.  I literally grew up to playing along with the tab book from Siamese Dream everyday after school as loud as I could before my parents got home.  Playing this stuff again just reminds me how much I love guitar and music.  Thank you.  

Thanks for the great feedback! I really appreciate it. 

It is somewhat difficult to get the tones right for SP songs since they are so heavily layered and processed. Its fairly easy to get good sounding tones without the song playing, but once you try to add them over the song it becomes much harder to find a sound that fits in the mix. 

You're limited to 4 tones per arrangement (L/R/B) so that's not too bad, but when it comes to SP the songs have lots of little variations in the different sections so it can become a problem when you're obsessive like I am

I was also heavy into SP back in junior high and highschool.. they were huge for me, first band I saw live also. I saw them on the reunion tour a few years back and it was amazing... they played for a few hours and hit pretty much every song I'd want to hear, along with quite an incredible stage show. If you're able to see them on an upcoming tour, I'd really recommend trying to go. I haven't been much into their recent albums and I'm hoping the MCIS sequel they are currently working on changes that.. but they still have the magic live & its great to see the whole band (minus D'Arcy) back on stage.

Hummer should be up shortly.