Rocksmith 2014 CDLC convert PC / Mac - osx app released

• 10 months later...

Hi there

I've been getting this a lot recently. Anything I'm doing wrong?

Unexpected error: Traceback (most recent call last): File "rocksmithconvert/services.py", line 55, in run File "rocksmithconvert/services.py", line 69, in process File "rocksmithconvert/services.py", line 130, in convert UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character '\ufeff' in position 0: ordinal not in range(128) 

• 2 months later...

Just this morning I ran through several cdlc songs I had on my windows desktop. Clean up to date Mac OS install on MacBook Pro and about 85% of the converted songs using the tool do not work. It does not pop an error, but hangs up after tuning with the correct amps (tones set).

any help would be greatly appreciated as the last time I used a Mac was about 25 years ago lol.

Mac / Steam

On 9/9/2022 at 3:47 PM, Matt Ravden said:

Hi there

I've been getting this a lot recently. Anything I'm doing wrong?

Unexpected error: Traceback (most recent call last): File "rocksmithconvert/services.py", line 55, in run File "rocksmithconvert/services.py", line 69, in process File "rocksmithconvert/services.py", line 130, in convert UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character '\ufeff' in position 0: ordinal not in range(128) 

Which version you are running? If not on 2.2 yet, update and try again.

On 11/19/2022 at 9:41 PM, BidYouFarewell said:

Just this morning I ran through several cdlc songs I had on my windows desktop. Clean up to date Mac OS install on MacBook Pro and about 85% of the converted songs using the tool do not work. It does not pop an error, but hangs up after tuning with the correct amps (tones set).

any help would be greatly appreciated as the last time I used a Mac was about 25 years ago lol.

Mac / Steam

There was a bug that caused corrupted files in the old version. The latest version (2.2 as of now) has this fixed.

• 1 month later...

back again...
windows machine has had no issues whatsoever, but I'm on the road again and using Mac book pro with Ventura. I didn't catch it fast enough to stop the Rocksmith 2014 remastered update that was just released for Mac, and its broken "some" cdlc files again. all normal dlc's run fine with no issue on Mac, but some of the cdlc... and its been kinda random are not working. roughly 1 in 100 so its hard to pinpoint what part its breaking but its doing the same thing as before and getting stuck on the amps. no errors when closing the Rocksmith2014 Remastered through Steam. these are all files / songs that worked before the most recent Steam update.
I looked through to see if there was a possible update for the Mac portion that needed to be repatched / or updated / new .dll as last time.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy