Rocksmith 2014 CDLC convert PC / Mac - osx app released

After getting some requests / feedback I decided to publish my simple app to convert CDLC between PC and MAC. The details and download link can be found from this url: https://github.com/glebb/rocksmithconvert

Here's a short video on how it operates: 

The version now is 1.1, but I don't expect it evolve much from this, besides bug fixes. Besides converting, it can be used to create short-filename versions of cdlc files.

It should work on osx versions starting from 10.12 (Sierra). If you have any issues, please reply here or report an issue on Github page.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

New alpha version released for testing. Complete rewrite, now with proper UI, saved settings, auto-processing and overall faster processing. 

This is more of a hobby project for me, so if version 1.1 works for you, no need to update (unless new features such as auto-processing seem interesting). As this is in alpha stage, expect bugs (please report them as github issues).  

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, yunushangoksu said:

no gui shows up for me, what can i do about it?

I pushed a new release (2.0.0-alpha4 - 03/20/21). It's a test version which tries to address the GUI not showing up, but so far I haven't been able to reproduce the problem myself so there's no guarantees for the fix. I'd appreciate if you test it out and report back whether it works or not.  The version 1.1 is still the latest stable version, you can always use that. You can download it from the github releases page.

7 hours ago, Mordred99 said:

I'm not seeing any GUI either, but 1.1 seems to work a charm. Let me know if you need help debugging 2.0.

All help is appreciated, thank you! First of all, can you see whether 2.0 opens anything on the osx dock? It should pop up two icons/apps there, the one with platypus on yellow background (same as version 1.1, Rocksmtih 2014 CDLC convert pc mac) and then the actual GUI which on my system looks like a terminal window with green "exec" text in it (RSConvert_GUI). These should also show in system monitor.

4 hours ago, glebb said:

All help is appreciated, thank you! First of all, can you see whether 2.0 opens anything on the osx dock? It should pop up two icons/apps there, the one with platypus on yellow background (same as version 1.1, Rocksmtih 2014 CDLC convert pc mac) and then the actual GUI which on my system looks like a terminal window with green "exec" text in it (RSConvert_GUI). These should also show in system monitor.

No second icon/gui:

112733259-d15f5f00-8f0c-11eb-896a-3b8280

but something is happening:

image.thumb.png.0fbc5f79451bfa89aa03539d6811a60e.png

Killing the app causes both processes to go away. I've got a feeling that first one shouldn't be using 99.9% CPU 😄

41 minutes ago, Mordred99 said:

No second icon/gui:

112733259-d15f5f00-8f0c-11eb-896a-3b8280

but something is happening:

image.thumb.png.0fbc5f79451bfa89aa03539d6811a60e.png

Killing the app causes both processes to go away. I've got a feeling that first one shouldn't be using 99.9% CPU 😄

Interesting, thanks for this. I didn't explain myself properly earlier, but that icon right next to the platypus one (on right) is the second icon I was asking about (with the text exec on the icon), and those processes "RSConvert_GUI" are both related to that (that's the actual program running two processes). 99.9% seems a bit excessive though, yes 😄 I think I need to compile a debug version to get some more specific data on what's going on. It clearly goes into some sort of infinite loop hogging all the cpu, and if it doesn't even show the GUI it's probably related to the GUI framework. What osx version are you running by the way?

One thing you could try to do is to run the RSConvert_GUI from terminal. In order to do this, you should open the terminal to the folder where the app is located and then:

cd "Rocksmith 2014 CDLC convert pc mac.app/Contents/Resources"
./RSConvert_GUI

That should keep the terminal window open and if we are lucky, it might print out some additional information about what's going on. Anyways, even without that you have already provided me some very useful information. Thanks again! I hope I can make this work, as I personally really like this new version much better than the earlier one.

Ha! I wasn't paying attention and thought that was an iTerm window I'd left open. Running the gui from inside the app Resources folder shows the exact same behavior. 2 process, with one still pegged at 100%. No visible windows.

I'm on OSX 11.2.

2 hours ago, Mordred99 said:

Ha! I wasn't paying attention and thought that was an iTerm window I'd left open. Running the gui from inside the app Resources folder shows the exact same behavior. 2 process, with one still pegged at 100%. No visible windows.

I'm on OSX 11.2.

Aha, it seems like there might a problem with the PyQt5 library and Big Sur. My macs are so old that they don't even run Big Sur so I haven't been able to test it with it. There seems to be some workarounds. Stay tuned for update 🙂 

3 hours ago, Mordred99 said:

I'm on OSX 11.2.

New test release available. As I don't have Big Sur, it's kind of a blind fix but let's see if it does anything: https://github.com/glebb/rocksmithconvert/releases/download/2.0.0-alpha5/Rocksmith.2014.CDLC.convert.pc.mac.2.0.0-alpha5.zip

• Like 1

11 hours ago, glebb said:

New test release available. As I don't have Big Sur, it's kind of a blind fix but let's see if it does anything: https://github.com/glebb/rocksmithconvert/releases/download/2.0.0-alpha5/Rocksmith.2014.CDLC.convert.pc.mac.2.0.0-alpha5.zip

Seems to be working flawlessly! Thanks so much!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there,

Many thanks for this. It looks like it converts, I can see the song in my library, I select it to play it, it goes to tune guitar and then I just get the screen with the pic of the two amps on it and it stops there.

Would love to get this working as my Mac is indoors and my PC is out in the cold garage!

Thanks,

Nick.

27 minutes ago, nick00 said:

Hi there,

Many thanks for this. It looks like it converts, I can see the song in my library, I select it to play it, it goes to tune guitar and then I just get the screen with the pic of the two amps on it and it stops there.

Would love to get this working as my Mac is indoors and my PC is out in the cold garage!

Thanks,

Nick.

Hello. It sounds like the patch to play cdlc is missing. Have you tried (re)installing it as described here: 

If some cdlc are running fine (directly downloaded as mac versions), but only the ones that are converted with my tool are not, please upload some example songs to e.g. google drive so I can take a look what might be wrong with them (original and the converted file).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello,

I convert PC CDLC to Mac format with succes, and the _m.psarc created file appeared well in the dlc folder of RS.

I launch the game but the song is not showed in the playlist.

Did I missed something? Is it required to "repair" the file with CFSM ? (I can't launch this soft on my Mac).

I tested with Rocksmith Convert 2.0 alpha 5 and the last version 2.0 Beta. Same result.

I am new on RS...

EDIT : Ok, I followed this tutorial, buyed Cherub Rock and it now works : 

Great job to the coders.

Regards.

• 2 months later...

Hello,

Recently I started getting an error every time I try to convert any songs it says, 

"Unexpected error: Traceback (most recent call last): File "rocksmithconvert/services.py", line 55, in run File "rocksmithconvert/services.py", line 69, in process File "rocksmithconvert/services.py", line 118, in convert File "construct/core.py", line 300, in parse_stream File "construct/core.py", line 312, in _parsereport File "rocksmith/psarc.py", line 136, in _parse File "rocksmith/crypto.py", line 74, in decrypt_psarc File "rocksmith/crypto.py", line 52, in decrypt_sng zlib.error: Error -5 while decompressing data: incomplete or truncated stream"

I'm not really sure what it means, any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

18 hours ago, Kid_tyrant66.6 said:

Thanks.

Hi

Does it happen with all cdlc you try or just some specific songs? If it's just some, could you provide a link to any such cdlc.

On 10/19/2021 at 7:27 PM, Kid_tyrant66.6 said:

Hello,

Recently I started getting an error every time I try to convert any songs it says, 

"Unexpected error: Traceback (most recent call last): File "rocksmithconvert/services.py", line 55, in run File "rocksmithconvert/services.py", line 69, in process File "rocksmithconvert/services.py", line 118, in convert File "construct/core.py", line 300, in parse_stream File "construct/core.py", line 312, in _parsereport File "rocksmith/psarc.py", line 136, in _parse File "rocksmith/crypto.py", line 74, in decrypt_psarc File "rocksmith/crypto.py", line 52, in decrypt_sng zlib.error: Error -5 while decompressing data: incomplete or truncated stream"

Thanks.

I also have this issue, for example writing on the wall by Iron Maiden: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yCVq0v2SEQP-uHi2_C4EohbjhIho5BG9/view

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy