Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 380

Gamut

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer
16 hours ago, diceslinger said:

I think you both are correct, I think the bass songs were a copy-paste error.  @Rodmanare you able to update the original post or does @Gamut have to? 

Overall the world is safe again 😉

Of course the bass must have been copy-paste beasts, corrected. @ZeroPingNZ won Adv Bass, and as Testostyrannosaurus is damn a hard song, rated above adv and it´s in the middle of the week already adv lead players get to compete on lovely Weezer, too. 2 Adv lead songs - 2 Winners.

Nice da capo, @Gamut . As told many times already - keeping the CS at the level we run it takes a lot of effort. For anyone: we always need people who are willing to constantly help in all or one or some of: testing songs and setting up weeks, filling in scores in the leaderboard, maintainance of the Song Selection List and Songs Played List.
Don´t complain, join in!

upd: weeks lb sheet created - so feel free to fill in the scores.

upd: 10-weeks leaderboard updated https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WN-m8wF0lVkQ4cLWHBa009SkqDoPk0xN-C4-llcrXXs/edit?pli=1#gid=1152105473

• Thanks 3

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

5 hours ago, Rodman said:

Overall the world is safe again 😉

Of course the bass must have been copy-paste beasts, corrected. @ZeroPingNZ won Adv Bass, and as Testostyrannosaurus is damn a hard song, rated above adv and it´s in the middle of the week already adv lead players get to compete on lovely Weezer, too. 2 Adv lead songs - 2 Winners.

Nice da capo, @Gamut . As told many times already - keeping the CS at the level we run it takes a lot of effort. For anyone: we always need people who are willing to constantly help in all or one or some of: testing songs and setting up weeks, filling in scores in the leaderboard, maintainance of the Song Selection List and Songs Played List.
Don´t complain, join in!

upd: weeks lb sheet created - so feel free to fill in the scores.

upd: 10-weeks leaderboard updated https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WN-m8wF0lVkQ4cLWHBa009SkqDoPk0xN-C4-llcrXXs/edit?pli=1#gid=1152105473

Thanks man. I've got some time tomorrow (Thursday) that I could use to try organizing the song selection sheet. Is there a do/don't list somewhere handy so I know what I should or shouldn't do? I don't know how you guys use the sheet when you're setting up each week and there are lots of tabs etc. so I just want to make sure I  can actually help and not create more problems. Feel free to PM me with any instructions or things to focus on and then I can take a stab tomorrow.

• Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, jellisjenius said:

Thanks man. I've got some time tomorrow (Thursday) that I could use to try organizing the song selection sheet. Is there a do/don't list somewhere handy so I know what I should or shouldn't do? I don't know how you guys use the sheet when you're setting up each week and there are lots of tabs etc. so I just want to make sure I  can actually help and not create more problems. Feel free to PM me with any instructions or things to focus on and then I can take a stab tomorrow.

First - thx for your offer! We are glad you wanna help!
The SSL does not need much (except for ratings of the songs 😉 ) - maintenance there is needed by transferring the last weeks songs to the Songs Playd and Songs from the past sheet. If you are willing to do that regularly that would be great. Furthermore we always need a hand in keeping the scores updated in the running leaderboard. And, there are only few of us who do selections and start weeks....

So if you want send me a pm with a gmail address of yours and i´ll set you up - that goes to anyone interested to help continuously!

Rock!

• Like 1

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

58 minutes ago, Rodman said:

The SSL does not need much (except for ratings of the songs 😉 ) - maintenance there is needed by transferring the last weeks songs to the Songs Playd and Songs from the past sheet. If you are willing to do that regularly that would be great. Furthermore we always need a hand in keeping the scores updated in the running leaderboard. And, there are only few of us who do selections and start weeks....

So if you want send me a pm with a gmail address of yours and i´ll set you up - that goes to anyone interested to help continuously!

Rock!

Just a note on the SSL @Rodman, since Motive turned the spreadsheet over to you I don't have write access to the Songs Playd or the Songs from the Past sheets.  Not sure if that was the case for any others.

• Like 1

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

2 hours ago, Rodman said:

Rock!

Sounds good - I PM'ed you my email address.

• Like 1

first try weezer

40478859yx.jpg

• Like 1

sightread bass

40479234fd.jpg

what a cool song

• Like 2

ultra annoying that my RS is in german after system upgrade.... lead +

40480294lz.jpg

• Like 1

lil +

40480464ib.jpg

• Like 1

@Rodman - I finally finished my attempt at our challenge song.

I've been stuck with this half done for the better part of this week, but I finally got a solo figured out and laid down. 

To start, I broke out my 12 string and got a take I was happy with.  You can see in the screenshot that I used a piezo mic as well as an MXL mic.  I still get some weird buzz on the high notes, but I suspect it me me not the guitar setup.  The 12 string neck is wider and fretting takes more pressure so it is challenging to just pick up and play.  I then laid down the vocals.  I struggled to find the range (think I should have changed the tuning), so I recorded both a lower and higher take.  I ended up using the higher take for chorus.  I have like 4 effects on the vocals, one being an auto-tune type of plugin so your ears don't bleed.

Then this sat for a few days as I struggled with the solo.  My violinist wasn't up to it.  I even considered just leaving the solo out.  I finally sat down today and made myself noodle around and find something.  After 17 takes I hit upon the one you hear.  It is pretty much a pentatonic E minor scale I think.  I like the guitar tone I found for it...the echo fits the mood of the song.  

• Like 2

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

On 1/31/2021 at 6:02 AM, jellisjenius said:

Say It Ain't So ODLC and Cash Cow CDLC both have bass parts, so I'm thinking this was just a copy/paste error or something. Also, I'd be interested in nominating future songs for the Championship if there is a mechanism for doing so.

Take a look at this thread. It has info on song selection and the list.

14 hours ago, diceslinger said:

@Rodman - I finally finished my attempt at our challenge song.

I've been stuck with this half done for the better part of this week, but I finally got a solo figured out and laid down. 

To start, I broke out my 12 string and got a take I was happy with.  You can see in the screenshot that I used a piezo mic as well as an MXL mic.  I still get some weird buzz on the high notes, but I suspect it me me not the guitar setup.  The 12 string neck is wider and fretting takes more pressure so it is challenging to just pick up and play.  I then laid down the vocals.  I struggled to find the range (think I should have changed the tuning), so I recorded both a lower and higher take.  I ended up using the higher take for chorus.  I have like 4 effects on the vocals, one being an auto-tune type of plugin so your ears don't bleed.

Then this sat for a few days as I struggled with the solo.  My violinist wasn't up to it.  I even considered just leaving the solo out.  I finally sat down today and made myself noodle around and find something.  After 17 takes I hit upon the one you hear.  It is pretty much a pentatonic E minor scale I think.  I like the guitar tone I found for it...the echo fits the mood of the song.  

Ah damn 😎 cool! You absolutely created a chillin mood with that opus. And a solo, hah, i think i might be a bit guilty in making you spend a few hour there, but hey... you did so well - fits like a shoe. Yeah.

Really nice also that doubling of the chorus in vocals.

What is next?

Hi hi ! Wish you a good weekend 😉

Here are the tries :

Beginner : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2385135854

Intermediate : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2385136048

Advanced : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2385136191

Masterclass : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2385136392

God of bass, I tried the score attack this time, and got a pretty meme score xD : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2385136663

See you next week 😉

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rodman said:

Ah damn 😎 cool! You absolutely created a chillin mood with that opus. And a solo, hah, i think i might be a bit guilty in making you spend a few hour there, but hey... you did so well - fits like a shoe. Yeah.

Really nice also that doubling of the chorus in vocals.

What is next?

Thanks for pushing me on the solo.  With the song in G major it was mostly a pentatonic Em solo.  But it was interesting just looping that section and playing, I found a solo emerging, and that was cool to see.   

What is next....hmmm.  So I have two thoughts:

We could do just another straight learning a song.  For this maybe 7 Nation Army by the White Stripes, or Smoke on the Water by Deep Purple?  

Or, There are few songs that I think would suit the "spoken word" style we have been messing around with.  I'm thinking more of a cover with a different feel.  These are not really guitar heavy songs, but it might be interesting to see what we can do with them.  This strays a bit from our initial idea for these challenge songs, so I want to know if that is something you are interested in.  Two Cadillacs by Carry Underwood (but I really don't care for her version) caught my ear recently, or something by Leonard Cohen might work.  Bird on the Wire or Everybody Knows come to mind.  Blake Shelton's Ol' Red could be fun too.  I must be in a story telling song mood.

• Thanks 1