Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 380

Gamut

Welcome to the CF Rocksmith 2014 Championship!

-= Week 380 =-

🔥 Let's keep going hard this year!! 🔥

FAQ: => How and Why join the Championships?

=> Rocksmith 2014 Championships rules

Last week's winners:

Lead:

Rhythm:

Bass:

Congrats to all winners. Well done!

Rocksmith Championship Leaderboard

This week's songs are:

Da Capo Week 60(ish)

Lead Path:

Beginner:  We Are Scientists - Cash Cow (3)
Intermediate: Weezer - Say It Ain't So (6) (On-Disc)
Advanced 1:
Weezer - Say It Ain't So (6) (On-Disc)
Advanced 2:  Hail the Sun - Testostyrannosaurus (8)
Masterclass: Intervals - Fable (9)

God of Guitar:  Metallica - And Justice For All (whole album) (10)  week 3/4

Rhythm Path:

Beginner:  N/A
Intermediate: Weezer - Say It Ain't So (5) (On-Disc)
Advanced:  Hail the Sun - Testostyrannosaurus (8)
Masterclass: Intervals - Fable  (9)

God of Rhythm:  Metallica - And Justice For All (whole album) (10)  week 3/4

Bass Path:

Beginner: Weezer - Say It Ain't So (3)
Intermediate: We Are Scientists - Cash Cow (4)
Advanced: Hail the Sun - Testostyrannosaurus (8)
Masterclass: Intervals - Fable  (9)

God of Bass:  Metallica - And Justice For All (whole album) (10)  week 3/4

Share with us your opinion on this weeks songs difficulty scores (1-10).

Classless, Fearless FreeBird Members in their endless battle with the fb police:

Let us know your opinions on the accuracy of the difficulty scores (1-10) for this weeks songs.

• Thanks 2

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!

• Gamut pinned this topic

This is bad choice.

20210131123849-1.jpg

First - this is definitely a masterclass song. Strong 8, even 8,5 imo.

Second - CDLC is broken. I fixed this in CFSM, but track still freezing on pause and has the end cut off.

Third - there are weird chords and I don't like this, but that's my personal opinion 😉

Maybe it can be changed?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jellisjenius said:

Say It Ain't So ODLC and Cash Cow CDLC both have bass parts, so I'm thinking this was just a copy/paste error or something. Also, I'd be interested in nominating future songs for the Championship if there is a mechanism for doing so.

Just add your suggestions to the list.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HzgY90kLwyGqzJ-R64v8lmpeQMMhhxwGwUlenepIgms/edit#gid=6

Speedy tries.

Stretchy chords pls.
xHBud7V.png

Lead for fun.
Main riff sounds like something nice to learn.
6sNwbbE.png

Bass time. Need to practice those fretboard jumps and slides.
qra8hfL.png

• Like 1

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

I'm giving up this week's songs because I think the choice is wrong, especially in the advanced class.

Instead, I tried my hand at GoG (GoB). Oh man it wasn't easy, it's probably the longest bass session I have had without rest. My finger is swollen and I can't play right now, but it was a satisfying attempt!

20210201220703-1.jpg

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, SpankNass said:

Nominating songs is like throwing a coin in a wishing well. We can always play the same songs over....

I hate to see people feeling like their songs aren't ever picked, but I understand the frustration.  I have started helping set up the new weeks, and man, it is quite a bit of work!  When no one has time to screen songs for the week we get a Da Capo week from the past.  This is getting more frequent because there aren't a lot of us setting up the new weeks.

So, what can be done to make this easier and get your songs picked?  Here are some of my thoughts from my few years participating in the Championships.

1. Check if there is an Official DLC version for the song you want played.  We can't choose songs with ODLC unless they are on-disc songs from RS2014.  If you put a song that has ODLC on the selection sheet it will never be picked. 

2. Before you add your song to the selection spreadsheet play it through on all 3 paths.  Check that they are in sync on each path.  Is the chart good?  Rate each path, even if it is only a rough "beginner, intermediate, advanced" type of rating.  It doesn't have to be perfect, but rated songs are easier to plug into a week quickly.

3. Find beginner songs.  If you want your songs picked more, the biggest need is for beginner class songs.  Intermediate and Advanced always get a lot of songs selected, but beginner we usually don't have very many to chose from.

4. To help out more you can rate other songs on the song selection spreadsheet.  When different people rate a song it is easier to get an accurate rating for a given song.

5. Volunteer to help set up weeks or update the spreadsheets.  Many hands make light work, especially since we all have lives outside of the Championships.

6. Be respectful and courteous in your comments.  We all want rockin' tunes to play each week, but if we can't have civil discourse it drives people (both participants and organizers) away.   (This isn't a comment on anything specific, just a reminder)

7. Keep in mind that the songs picked each week are generally selected randomly unless it is a Da Capo week or a themed week that someone comes up with.  The dice gods are sometimes fickle.  (My unlucky dice cleansing rituals will require a separate much longer post)

Ok, the public service announcement is over.  Please resume your regularly scheduled ROCK!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

best I can do this week...

4F99374FBF394DC5A54B44EE59C9E1DA4F6053CC (1280×720)

I had to play it in Learn a song... could not pass through on Score attack.. I have been kicked out every tim in the middle of the song 😉E745138F6539AD55D162C78219860C1DCF7B61A7 (1280×720)

Recognition of my emulated bass sucks on pulls and hammer ons, thus score not to high.

0BAFEE12FB8CCD4BF82382471DC9AF2C56F4D1B1 (1280×720)

• Like 2

Feels like yesterday since I played this song, a weird deja-vu. I gotta agree with the song selection, replaying older songs from previous championships could be a double-eyed sword, mainly because (at least me) feel a bit frustrated when I see some old songs get picked again. No offense to anyone tho, and because of this I filled the Song Selection list with a lot of songs from several bands and also put some scores. I'll keep filling the spreadsheet with songs every now and then

Now to the song...I played this song at 4:30 AM, i'm tired as heck but I know I can do better. Probably a few tries and that's it for the week. @SnakewizardI guess we have the same score 👀

J2Db1Hn.png

• Like 2

9A7alLl.jpg

10 hours ago, diceslinger said:

I hate to see people feeling like their songs aren't ever picked, but I understand the frustration.  I have started helping set up the new weeks, and man, it is quite a bit of work!  When no one has time to screen songs for the week we get a Da Capo week from the past.  This is getting more frequent because there aren't a lot of us setting up the new weeks.

So, what can be done to make this easier and get your songs picked?  Here are some of my thoughts from my few years participating in the Championships.

1. Check if there is an Official DLC version for the song you want played.  We can't choose songs with ODLC unless they are on-disc songs from RS2014.  If you put a song that has ODLC on the selection sheet it will never be picked. 

2. Before you add your song to the selection spreadsheet play it through on all 3 paths.  Check that they are in sync on each path.  Is the chart good?  Rate each path, even if it is only a rough "beginner, intermediate, advanced" type of rating.  It doesn't have to be perfect, but rated songs are easier to plug into a week quickly.

3. Find beginner songs.  If you want your songs picked more, the biggest need is for beginner class songs.  Intermediate and Advanced always get a lot of songs selected, but beginner we usually don't have very many to chose from.

4. To help out more you can rate other songs on the song selection spreadsheet.  When different people rate a song it is easier to get an accurate rating for a given song.

5. Volunteer to help set up weeks or update the spreadsheets.  Many hands make light work, especially since we all have lives outside of the Championships.

6. Be respectful and courteous in your comments.  We all want rockin' tunes to play each week, but if we can't have civil discourse it drives people (both participants and organizers) away.   (This isn't a comment on anything specific, just a reminder)

7. Keep in mind that the songs picked each week are generally selected randomly unless it is a Da Capo week or a themed week that someone comes up with.  The dice gods are sometimes fickle.  (My unlucky dice cleansing rituals will require a separate much longer post)

Ok, the public service announcement is over.  Please resume your regularly scheduled ROCK!

Thanks for this, I'm willing to help out with some of these items but I'm limited given that I play bass only and am a relative noob at even that. My issue this week is just that the beginner and intermediate bass tracks are repeats from literally 3 weeks ago and that just seems like a mistake. Am I missing something here? Also, what does "Da Capo" signify? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jellisjenius said:

Also, what does "Da Capo" signify? 

It's just repeating a previous week, this is a repeat of week 60-ish according to the top post. Normally we get an exact number tho.

Da capo is an Italian musical term that means "from the beginning"

Nicked off wikipedia since my music theory knowledge is terrible

• Like 1

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

Well since "60ish" is not "377" (the week we played Future People and Black Magic) I think it's safe to assume this was an error. Bass players, please use Say It Ain't So as beginner (I'd rate it a 3) and Cash Cow as Intermediate (maybe 4.5):

031058C2666EEA32AC1E5DFF6C30622A804DBB74

D5578A450BE91583934F31EB27162E27B78EF8CE

A big "meh" to this one for me - I deleted it after playing:

BCE3436E7009111E8BC265BDC8BD3CF2E816736B

• Like 2

Thanks @jellisjenius. I took a look in the big monstrous leaderboard-file, and behold! Week 62 is a lot like this week. Bass is playing (as you said) Say It Ain't So for beginner (rated as 3 back then) and Cash Cow as intermediate (rated 4). These are also the songs I've been practicing.

First the beginner song:

55FC30F5AA155B9FF24BC02658071D2708484993

It was a rather fun song to be playing.

The intermediate is a bit more trivial, but also a bit hard on my poor fingers (left hand wanking the bass). But also a fun song... and it went quite okay. I think I'm ready to move to the intermediate level. Yes, I'm rather new to the bass, but I've played a lot of music (classical), so I'm learning rather fast.

4BED94064B68AF7C9C1A4F80F472C79BB5E7EDB0

I also tried the advanced one, but not much luck there... My game also crashed a lot of times with this song (usually in practice mode, before beginning the song). I'm not sure I want to try the Song-thingy-fixer, since I had to uninstall it anyway to play the game. And I'm quite a long way from this level anyway.

B197334D1702DCBC8617FDCF821B3A9AD4AF0B98

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Orkkongen said:

Thanks @jellisjenius. I took a look in the big monstrous leaderboard-file, and behold! Week 62 is a lot like this week. Bass is playing (as you said) Say It Ain't So for beginner (rated as 3 back then) and Cash Cow as intermediate (rated 4). These are also the songs I've been practicing.

I think you both are correct, I think the bass songs were a copy-paste error.  @Rodmanare you able to update the original post or does @Gamut have to? 

• Like 2

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet