needing the rocksmith Patcher file not the dx3 file

joejoe28

Question

9 answers to this question

I run a pc not Mac I had it downloaded before but I can’t seem to find the file anywhere cause I had to reset my pc completely but every time I try to put the d3x file in the folder and I put dlc in there the chart for the song won’t come up at all like Ile get ready to play and nothing will come up the fretboard won’t show up or anything 

7 hours ago, joejoe28 said:

I run a pc not Mac I had it downloaded before but I can’t seem to find the file anywhere cause I had to reset my pc completely but every time I try to put the d3x file in the folder and I put dlc in there the chart for the song won’t come up at all like Ile get ready to play and nothing will come up the fretboard won’t show up or anything 

You need the D3DX9_42.dll file to run CDLC. If you don't have it, then it'll do exactly what you said it was doing.

Go to your Rocksmith folder and put the file listed here: https://customsforge.com/index.php?/topic/901-how-to-use-custom-dlcs-in-rs2014/ and put it in the Rocksmith folder, not the DLC folder. It should be in the same folder as "Rocksmith2014.exe" (without quotes). Also make sure it's name is D3DX9_42.dll EXACTLY or it won't work.

4 hours ago, brubeck99 said:

hes not talking about the d3dx9 file its another file that some people need on top of that one,  i had to add it first time round got it from a utube vid sorry dont have link .pretty sure its call dx patch file. anyway like i said not the D3d9x file it self , causing some confusion . 

I've never heard of this "DX patch file" but that seems like they're talking about the D3DX9_42.dll file, even though you say it's not that file, which is the file to let you play CDLC and the exact reason why this person's game is not letting CDLC load. That video is probably out of date if it's suggesting to use a file that we don't provide.

That video is from pre-Remastered so it'll either make it so your game won't open (likely) or it won't do anything. That's why we recommend against watching videos because they don't get updated, then you get wrong information for your version of the game.

1 hour ago, Ffio said:

That video is from pre-Remastered so it'll either make it so your game won't open (likely) or it won't do anything.

On 1/24/2021 at 3:49 AM, joejoe28 said:

the dx3 file doesnt work with my version

I'm assuming he's on a pirated copy, which is why the dll doesn't work and he needs the patcher which is also why I kept quiet on this topic

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

1 minute ago, coldrampage said:

I'm assuming he's on a pirated copy, which is why the dll doesn't work and he needs the patcher which is why I kept quiet on this topic

Thought that at first, but the issue the original poster said in their second post, made it seem like they weren't putting in in the right spot / under the right name. I assume they tried it, with a wrong name / location, and are saying it doesn't work / not that file because they didn't set it up right. I will be monitoring this thread though.