Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 379

Mikson

Welcome to the CF Rocksmith 2014 Championship!

-= Week 379 =-

FAQ: => How and Why join the Championships?

=> Rocksmith 2014 Championships rules

Last week's winners:

Lead:

Rhythm:

•     Beginner:  @kayteck - achieve over 99% accuracy, so level up to intermediate class!
  •     Intermediate: @RSjeffH
  •     Advanced:  @Rodman
  •     Masterclass:  @Snakewizard

Bass:

•     Beginner:  @kayteck -  achieve over 99,5% accuracy, so level up to intermediate class! @Orkkongen also achieved accuracy required for promotion and level up.                                                 But I think this song may have been too easy for its rating, so it's your decision!
  •     Intermediate:  @jellisjenius
  •     Advanced:  @Rodman
  •     Masterclass:  @Snakewizard

Congrats to all winners. Well done!

Rocksmith Championship Leaderboard

This week's songs are:

Lead Path:

Beginner: Coldplay - Ink (3)

Intermediate:  Evanescence - Call Me When You're Sober (4) Drop D - chosen by @DarthStrom

Advanced:  Pink Floyd - Money (6)

Masterclass:  Powerwolf - Fire & Forgive (8) Eb Drop Db - chosen by @Nacholede

God of Guitar:  Metallica - And Justice For All (whole album) (10)  week 2/4

Rhythm Path:

Beginner: Evanescence - Call Me When You're Sober (3) Drop D

Intermediate: Pink Floyd - Money (4)

Bonus Intermediate: Coldplay - Ink (5) Custom tuning

Advanced: Powerwolf - Fire & Forgive (7) Eb Drop Db

Masterclass: Powerwolf - Fire & Forgive (7) Eb Drop Db

God of Rhythm:  Metallica - And Justice For All (whole album) (9?)  week 2/4

Bass Path:

Beginner: Evanescence - Call Me When You're Sober (3) Drop D

Bonus Beginner: Coldplay - Ink (2)

Intermediate: Powerwolf - Fire & Forgive (4,5)

Advanced: Pink Floyd - Money (6)

Masterclass: Chick Corea - Spain (9) - chosen by @Snakewizard

God of Bass:  Metallica - And Justice For All (whole album) (9?)  week 2/4

Share with us your opinion on this weeks songs difficulty scores (1-10).

Classless, Fearless FreeBird Members in their endless battle with the fb police:

Let us know your opinions on the accuracy of the difficulty scores (1-10) for this weeks songs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@Rodman I finally got some time to record my version of Heaven's on Fire.  This one turned out to be really fun!  Usually I record each part until I get a good take.  This time I took a different approach this time and recorded it in sections.  I got a drum track from Band in a Box, then I recorded the first verse on guitar, then recorded the vocals for it, and for some recorded a vocal "chorus" an octave higher.  Then I did the same for the next section and so on.  I put the solo in last, I fear it is just random flailing.  I tried to tease around the resolving note and let it ring out at the end of the solo.  Not sure how successful I was.  I watched a video about fixing up vocals that the guy broke it up in sections, so I thought I would try that approach for my recording.  The idea was that I would try to use an auto-tune plugin on it, but honestly it didn't make me sound much better, so I ditched it.  I ended up with a chorus effect and a compressor on the vocals and that was it.

I took a screenshot of the DAW for the video still, I wasn't feeling creative photographing the guitar, so I thought it interesting.  I'm using Cakewalk which is now free.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

7 hours ago, diceslinger said:

@Rodman I finally got some time to record my version of Heaven's on Fire.  This one turned out to be really fun!  Usually I record each part until I get a good take.  This time I took a different approach this time and recorded it in sections.  I got a drum track from Band in a Box, then I recorded the first verse on guitar, then recorded the vocals for it, and for some recorded a vocal "chorus" an octave higher.  Then I did the same for the next section and so on.  I put the solo in last, I fear it is just random flailing.  I tried to tease around the resolving note and let it ring out at the end of the solo.  Not sure how successful I was.  I watched a video about fixing up vocals that the guy broke it up in sections, so I thought I would try that approach for my recording.  The idea was that I would try to use an auto-tune plugin on it, but honestly it didn't make me sound much better, so I ditched it.  I ended up with a chorus effect and a compressor on the vocals and that was it.

I took a screenshot of the DAW for the video still, I wasn't feeling creative photographing the guitar, so I thought it interesting.  I'm using Cakewalk which is now free.  

This is cool. I should be doing something like this but not quite ready. Is anyone else taking theory courses? I paid for the Justin Guitar theory course. It's pretty cheap and not bad.

As an aside:

Did I seemingly win bonus intermediate? That song was freaking hard. I'll take a stab at that Pink Floyd track this week.

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer
10 hours ago, diceslinger said:

Yo....wow serious record. What impresses me the most is the nice mix. Volumes are really perfectly adjusted and the distortion of the guitars fits in so well. There is that rotary effect again! Well played, has a lot of energy. The solo is no fail, it´s unique just as it should, it really builds up and carries the song to the finale. And you did cool vocals. A real cover version. Bravo.
Yeah that was a lot of fun. For the DAW photo - thx. Tells a lot listening through the song.

I have Cakewalk also, and Cubase and Magix Musik Maker. Though i have about no experience with DAW work and VST plugins. I normally like to keep it as simple as possible and thus hardwarerecording on the Zoom R24 and or Trio+ is great, but when projects get a bit more complex the visual interface of a DAW will save time.
I´ll be trying one of our next songs on DAW and hope your audio engeneering course will teach me some too on the way.

So... my turn... what do we do.........................

Ok... got it .. we Go Green Day... so many great songs.

Let´s go Good Riddance (Time of your Life) - ok?

@TarpMada - are you finally in, or what?

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

6 hours ago, TarpMada said:

As an aside:

Did I seemingly win bonus intermediate? That song was freaking hard. I'll take a stab at that Pink Floyd track this week.

Yes. You were the only Intermediate player to play this song, so you won, but we only give wins on the main paths. Bonus parts are for fun only.

let´s go

40399070gg.jpg

• Like 1

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

better

40399106hk.jpg

• Like 2

1st rhy

40399148tj.jpg

• Like 1

better

40399310es.jpg

• Like 2

and one try bass

40399418of.jpg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Rodman said:

Yo....wow serious record. What impresses me the most is the nice mix. Volumes are really perfectly adjusted and the distortion of the guitars fits in so well. There is that rotary effect again! Well played, has a lot of energy. The solo is no fail, it´s unique just as it should, it really builds up and carries the song to the finale. And you did cool vocals. A real cover version. Bravo.
Yeah that was a lot of fun. For the DAW photo - thx. Tells a lot listening through the song.

I have Cakewalk also, and Cubase and Magix Musik Maker. Though i have about no experience with DAW work and VST plugins. I normally like to keep it as simple as possible and thus hardwarerecording on the Zoom R24 and or Trio+ is great, but when projects get a bit more complex the visual interface of a DAW will save time.
I´ll be trying one of our next songs on DAW and hope your audio engeneering course will teach me some too on the way.

So... my turn... what do we do.........................

Ok... got it .. we Go Green Day... so many great songs.

Let´s go Good Riddance (Time of your Life) - ok?

@TarpMada - are you finally in, or what?

Thank you for your kind words.  I think this is one of my better recordings.  

Green Day - Good Riddance, sounds good!  I like that one.  I don't really care for Green Day, but there are a suspicious number of songs they do that I do like.  And I have to say, his lyrics are good and he does so much with simple three chord progressions.  So maybe I do like Green Day.  

• Like 1

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

15 hours ago, TarpMada said:

This is cool. I should be doing something like this but not quite ready. Is anyone else taking theory courses? I paid for the Justin Guitar theory course. It's pretty cheap and not bad.

As an aside:

Thanks!  I didn't think I was ready either.  Sometimes you just gotta jump right in!

This is fun.
QfZtDNu.png

Had this downloaded but never played 'till now, real nice song.
VeXnv4n.png

• Like 1

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

First come my class screens:

1) Lead - as I said before I suck in lead 😉

E3352B8696AFE9058C16B38E3FD0DA9117368FCA (1280×720)

2) Rhythm - man... I hate this song from now on. well, it is kind of OK when I listen to it, but playing it is not a nice experience. It is boring and general not fun IMHO. Played it 3 times. 1st to check, 2nd for a record and 3rd as i missed fricking print screen after 2nd pass... I will not even bother to try to get better result. File deleted.

759D8923916465767F3D332797F46A8C1AF42EC4 (1280×720)

3) Bass - nice one it is to play.

490796CDD0271C3DA64A5101734D601798884A6A (1280×720)

And now played for fun:

This one is really fun to play

92B97B826518B0E9B6D13E47691ECAF17977D28C (1280×720)

And this one even bigger fun... I love fast strumming

4E2C436EEBCFF9ED9F428C451FD191C47CEE1815 (1280×720)

And also bass

630A33416680733E31C164AF2B0133FF11ADF3A5 (1280×720)

• Like 4