Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 378

On 1/17/2021 at 7:43 AM, Rodman said:

@diceslinger

Hey Dice! Had a walkthrough at that cool Kiss song. When i heard it so many times at my morning coffee i felt the dark soul under that happy screaming cloak. I´m happy at the recording it could be easily brought to light.
I recorded a clean guitar line based on the original, didn´t change anything in the song structure here. Then recorded bass, recorded the Drums on Cajon (but skipped those for the drummachine (cause in the end i just forgot to change it), i think its ok) recorded vocals, as those deviltounges are going together on the chorus - of course i doubled myself there too, did a bad solo (the one in the song is so ridiculous). Doubled the guitar and put distortion to one of the tracks - rookie mistake recorded the "dry" signal with a bit too much reverb which gets the amplification well.

Will learn on acoustic also, really like that devilish song.

Hope you enjoy!

Rod.

Nice!  I noticed a few new steps.  First, you recorded the bass part, nice touch!  Second, the doubled vocals on the chorus, it seems you are trying some things out with mixing.  What are you using to do that?  Is it a fullblown DAW or something you can do with your Trio pedal?

Very nicely done.  I'm amazed that you heard the song one day and had it ready to perform the next.  You really are getting better at understanding the song structure to turn them around so quickly!  Your solo fit in well I thought.  I wondered if you let the notes at first part of the solo ring out longer that it might feel more cohesive.  It felt like a lick, then a rest, then another lick, then another rest, then the solo got serious.  

I'm pretty excited, I'm signed up to take a university course in audio recording technology this semester.  I'm hoping it will help we take my recordings to the next level.  I'm hoping it won't slow me down too much with our challenge, but it is clear which one of us is the speedy one 🙂

• Thanks 1

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

Hey folks, my first time participating - thanks for setting this up.  I picked up my guitar in November after giving up on learning it years ago.  This time it's sticking!  Having something new to focus on every week is going to help for sure.

Anyway, here's my best run so far at Outlaws.  Almost got it down.

9EQZb9X.jpg

I really dig the Volbeat song, but I'm still working up to hard mode on that one.  I think the strings are so loose in that drop tuning that I'm bending notes all over the place by accident.

• Like 4

Love love love this.. One of my all time favorite albums.. big thanks to @Nacholede for creating the CDLC. I'll be playing this one for a loong time. A few of the charts are a little different from what I'm used to. I'll see if I can't bump this up a couple of points over the next few weeks.

033Sfuk.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer
9 hours ago, diceslinger said:

Nice!  I noticed a few new steps.  First, you recorded the bass part, nice touch!  Second, the doubled vocals on the chorus, it seems you are trying some things out with mixing.  What are you using to do that?  Is it a fullblown DAW or something you can do with your Trio pedal?

Very nicely done.  I'm amazed that you heard the song one day and had it ready to perform the next.  You really are getting better at understanding the song structure to turn them around so quickly!  Your solo fit in well I thought.  I wondered if you let the notes at first part of the solo ring out longer that it might feel more cohesive.  It felt like a lick, then a rest, then another lick, then another rest, then the solo got serious.  

I'm pretty excited, I'm signed up to take a university course in audio recording technology this semester.  I'm hoping it will help we take my recordings to the next level.  I'm hoping it won't slow me down too much with our challenge, but it is clear which one of us is the speedy one 🙂

Thx man!

For recording i used my Zoom R24 here, it has 24 tracks for recording, featues a decent drummachime and also a looper and has quite some built in effects like the distortion i used up there. No Trio+ on that recording. I have tested a few DAWs end of last year, have not decided which to go with, so until now i am happy to have the hardware options. Which one do you prefer? Really excited about your course there, we shall be talking a lot about improvements!

The solo didn't come easy here. While the other parts are mainly first tries i has to experiment here quite a bit and ended with the lick style thing to open the gate.

So waiting for your version!

Rock, Rod.

• Like 1

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

On 1/19/2021 at 6:27 PM, diceslinger said:

I was thinking that it would be useful if someone wrote up a tutorial on how to do the pitch shifting with Song Manager.  I hate to see people not want to play songs in low tunings, but I get it why they don't.  

1. Select song

2. click "custom mods"

3. click "pitch shifter"

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Molice said:

Hi! My run:

20210120213048-1.jpg 20210120212349-1.jpg 20210120210833-1.jpg 20210120205500-1.jpg

Yiiiehaaaa!

Yo Andi, long time no see!
Hope all is well over there at your place! So nide to have you drop by rockin, hope that´s mot as one shot.

Rock, Rod.

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

just came home from the dentist

decided for tallica pain therapy

40368183na.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Finally I got some nice results... Actually I'm a bit proud of the "easy" song. 🙂 But I think there was a bit of luck included. Put damn it's a hard one... going on and on.

505722EFAA08AE73942ADDDEFCDD1328223C9DAD

I really enjoy this Lonesome Rider. It's a great and fun bass-part, though it also tears on my stamina. This time it went quite nicely. I have to remember not to strain my hand... just relax, and it gets easier to play. 🙂

6902771C3538C2585CF51F248C98226157F7B270

It's a shame, that I couldn't get the song manager to work with my NoCable. Could be nice if anyone had some experience in that direction. Sometimes it would be nice to change pitch, at least so I don't use so much time tuning. 😉

It's great with this competition... It makes me practice a lot... every day. 🙂

• Like 2

On 1/18/2021 at 11:29 PM, kayteck said:

also, i could not skip this one...

this is also more like a titbit rather than competition entry. I just wanted to check how good (or bad) I am 🙂 

i have started learning guitar on these... MY HANDS JUST HEART!!!!!

I skipped whole intro for ONE as i never could even start learning it and also all arpeggios... well.. skipped them 😉 i am too lame for it...

E7524C35901C135BDBDFF9CA0234C756DC9E4CAE (1280×720)

Got another ride on this one and got 77% 🙂 and a little over 350 streak...

• Like 2

Hi hi !

This week, I don't know why, but the easy bass song won't start, just stucked on play mode with no music and no frets. Need to alt+f4 the game for continue playing...

But others were fine :

Intermediate : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2369925939

Advanced https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2369926142

1h metallica full album, painfull to play at my level i'll try it every weeks to upgrade : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2369926335

See ya !

• Like 2

First time posting on here, I seen a championship section and was curious, realised I've already played one of the songs so this was my second attempt  : ) 

I didnt know if I was to post here or on discord so if i've done something wrong please tell me thanks. 

unknown.png?width=1078&height=303

9 hours ago, Ayn Sulthor said:

Hi hi !

This week, I don't know why, but the easy bass song won't start, just stucked on play mode with no music and no frets. Need to alt+f4 the game for continue playing...

I can help you with that. 🙂 (I'm clever... and had allready complained about it earlier. 😉 )

I had the same problem. You can download the CustomForge Song Manager (CFSM) and using that program you can "fix" files. I have no idea what it does apart from fixing. And I'm also uncertain why nobody just do it, and put it back up for download.

If you're using NoCable thingy, there might be a problem with starting the game with that (my version couldn't find my cable anymore). But then I just uninstalled CFSM (after the file was fixed 😉 ). Now it all works...

Anyway... this is the answer from the NOOB. 😛

Man, "Eye of the Beholder" really has some currently relevant lyrics

"Freedom of speech is words that they will bend
Freedom with their exception"

"Who decides what you express?"

Here's the score sorry about the background I need to make a better one.
Got a bunch of random misses too but it's probably just rs being stupid.
2qWCbU8.png

• Like 2

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

Hi All

This week results:

Inter Lead: 8Jf89yZ.png

Inter Rhythm: 7QO00iZ.png

Do you have any tip for me, how to accurately learn the rhythm of the plucking? Just practicing only or do you have any tricks? Sometimes specially when the rhytmic is complitated I hear a bit different rhytmic than it is in the Rocksmith cDLC.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Br.: Balage

• Like 2