Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 377

Gamut

This is the start of my plectrum-less bass challenge.  I'm going to try to start with intermediate level songs and see how comfortable I can get sans pick.

SsD8T9e.jpg

And my regular entry with pick

ZXG3fpo.jpg

• Like 4

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

speedy boi
QCV2l8H.png

chords pls
a7Iho8s.png

• Like 2

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

23 hours ago, Mikson said:

@Gamut

I think Future People is much more technical and more difficult than God Knows... I rate Future People at 8 and I would transfer it to the masterclass, and God Knows is more 7 and advanced.  This is my suggestion 🙂

I see where you're coming from. It's close, and I even struggled deciding which would be MC. But ultimately I rate difficulties on reproducing the song, not necessarily how hard it is to make good number in Rocksmith accuracy, and in my opinion making God Knows' rhythm guitar sound like the song is remarkably harder than making Future People's, even though it's certainly easier to score higher on.. Though both charts are good, they are also not perfect - neither rhythm includes the dynamics, which are a big factor in nailing both songs but harder to pull off in God Knows. I'm gonna leave class selections as they are.

• Like 2

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!

44 minutes ago, SpankNass said:

No comments on Lag?  Damn was hoping.

I have had the same sort of question, never really felt like I understood the settings.  My best performance upgrade was getting an audio interface and using the ASIO drivers.  Latency dropped, tone sounded better, it is awesome.  Not sure if it is the key to fixing the visual lag however.  

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

1 hour ago, SpankNass said:

No comments on Lag?  Damn was hoping.

Your lag calibration should be on 0 unless your audio is out of sync otherwise you're just adding more lag to your game and throwing it off more. If you're on PC it should nearly always be on 0 unless you have a jank setup.

Have a look through Rocksmith.ini and RocksmithConfiguration.pdf. But in general, turn on exclusive mode and Win32UltraLowLatencyMode. Put your LatencyBuffer as low as it can without audio issues (2 worked for me) and make sure ForceWDM and ForceDirectXSink are off.

Makes a world of difference in score attack, you can actually play on time and still get prefects.

I'm using the realtone cable btw just in case it make any difference.

• Like 2

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

3 hours ago, coldrampage said:

Your lag calibration should be on 0 unless your audio is out of sync otherwise you're just adding more lag to your game and throwing it off more. If you're on PC it should nearly always be on 0 unless you have a jank setup.

Have a look through Rocksmith.ini and RocksmithConfiguration.pdf. But in general, turn on exclusive mode and Win32UltraLowLatencyMode. Put your LatencyBuffer as low as it can without audio issues (2 worked for me) and make sure ForceWDM and ForceDirectXSink are off.

Makes a world of difference in score attack, you can actually play on time and still get prefects.

I don't think you are wrong...reset mine to 0 and it seemed better in SA.  More "perfect" notes, but that is one time anecdotal.  Will keep it for a while and see.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, coldrampage said:

I'll look but pretty sure lag is at 18, playing on a pc, and a sound out cable to amp. I also use a realtone cable and a Y splitter, one to guitar one to amp.  Like to hear it loud (especially songs I like) LOL!!! Gotta keep up with unknown neighbor who plays lead loudly with his amp some times.... Would like to know which neighbor it is. I'll check the other settings.  Thanks!!!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Gamut said:

I see where you're coming from. It's close, and I even struggled deciding which would be MC. But ultimately I rate difficulties on reproducing the song, not necessarily how hard it is to make good number in Rocksmith accuracy, and in my opinion making God Knows' rhythm guitar sound like the song is remarkably harder than making Future People's, even though it's certainly easier to score higher on.. Though both charts are good, they are also not perfect - neither rhythm includes the dynamics, which are a big factor in nailing both songs but harder to pull off in God Knows. I'm gonna leave class selections as they are.

You may be right. When I play this song, it doesn't sound bad. Unfortunately, Rocksmith doesn't count many notes, maybe I don't hit the tempo perfectly.

Hard work to improve this, but better step by step:

20210113184804-1.jpg

• Like 1

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer
On 1/13/2021 at 5:23 AM, diceslinger said:

plectrum-less challenge

Hell yeah!

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

My tuning on the A string was a bit off so I dropped a note or two near the end. Always down for more Alabama Shakes in the challenge though, and the official DLC pack is quite fun as well:

D91FE662DC5419EA6255E1615C0023BD0669F28C

The intermediate and advanced songs were both fun and never really frustrating for me, though the solo part on God Knows... was tricky.

1A6F173509377BDA91F79CC0D4D5BC5A9E3AE228

392E06CCB905B9BCEF66E6C462F8962904E1F95E

• Like 2

@Rodman well, I have to say Wonderwall didn't really grow on me, but I did try some cool stuff with it.  My lead singer was booked, and I didn't have much luck with singing along.  The vocal phrasing that isn't on the downbeat throws me off.  So I used the app called I Am the Band that separates the different parts, vocals, drums, guitar, etc.  I recorded along with the drums and vocal, found a cool tone and I was pretty happy.  

Then Youtube blocked it.  I guess I did use the vocals, so maybe it was deserved.  So I put a distortion filter, put it through an amp and pedal effect like the vocals were guitar and got a pretty punk/grunge sounding song.  Now youtube is just complaining about me using the melody.  So I feel all punk sticking it to the man!

• Like 1

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer
7 hours ago, diceslinger said:

@Rodman well, I have to say Wonderwall didn't really grow on me, but I did try some cool stuff with it.  My lead singer was booked, and I didn't have much luck with singing along.  The vocal phrasing that isn't on the downbeat throws me off.  So I used the app called I Am the Band that separates the different parts, vocals, drums, guitar, etc.  I recorded along with the drums and vocal, found a cool tone and I was pretty happy.  

Then Youtube blocked it.  I guess I did use the vocals, so maybe it was deserved.  So I put a distortion filter, put it through an amp and pedal effect like the vocals were guitar and got a pretty punk/grunge sounding song.  Now youtube is just complaining about me using the melody.  So I feel all punk sticking it to the man!

Ha! Cool. Feels like a version that could quite nicely be played in your avg. alternative radio station! Bravo. Very tight mix. Punk for sure, but your playing mixes in as there has never been any other. Is there a rotary effect on that guitar of yours? The vocals - yeah! Really sounds as the Gallagher is shouting his ass off through a megaphone. Cool production indeed.

And for the being blocked situation  -  that time it was good for the project. But please create a dailymotion (or vimeo) account, will take 1 minute and you are not blocked there!

Whats next.... i´m so motivated, cannot wait!

Rock!.... no wrong - here i gotta say You Rock, Sir!

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.