Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 373

Mikson

23 hours ago, Mikson said:

Welcome to the CF Rocksmith 2014 Championship!

-=Week 373=-

FAQ: => How and Why join the Championships?

=> Rocksmith 2014 Championships rules

Last week's winners:

Lead:

Rhythm:

•     Beginner: n/a
  •     Intermediate:  @Balage1976 if he accepts promotion to this class.
  •     Advanced:  @Mikson
  •     Masterclass:  @Snakewizard

Hi

Thank you the promotion. I accept it. 😀 🎸

Br.: Balage

• Like 2

3 hours ago, diceslinger said:

Rockin Around the Christmas Tree sounds like a good pick.  I was thinking we should try something jazzy, and all of those 7 chords in Rocking Around should fit the bill. 

Some of my family in other states are planning a Christmas Eve Zoom call with each household doing a few readings, singing or playing some music, etc.  If I really get this one down I'll blow them all away with a live performance 🙂  With that in mind, do you mind if we take until Christmas on this one?  

I also second the request here + wouldn't mind seeing some more jazz selections if folks have them. I tried some Django and got my butt kicked.

• Like 1

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer
On 12/13/2020 at 2:42 AM, coldrampage said:

Looks like he's gone, his profile page is gone and so are all his posts. Searching for him only brings up mentions and quotes. In the old forum banned members posts/profiles were still visible but guessed that's changed. He's also not in the cf discord anymore.

Maybe he just deleted his profile for whatever reason but there's literally no way to tell what happened to someone on here (unless ya wanna ask a mod) they just get nuked from existence and hardy anyone notices which is kinda scary (rip ballroom blitz and grabapint I won't forget ya). 

Unluckywise bware got pissed by the development of the forum esp. on the charters side and left for good.
A big loss :....(

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

11 hours ago, TarpMada said:

@RodmanWow seeing you push yourself on that, maybe I should take a stab at it. But I think getting above 80 -> 90 for me will be a serious lift.

@MiksonI did say the song was pretty hard but I'm competing in the intermediate bracket, so for me just about any song in that next up is going to be a pretty challenging tab.

Just want to say I'm glad I joined this championship and I encourage lurkers to get in on the action. I've been playing about 13 months now, started in May 2019, then quit in November 2019 and resumed due to covid in April.  Covid has made me accelerate majorly and this championship forces me to play stuff I might not gravitate to which is important for improving. 

Exactly the spirit!! Let´s raise our personal middlefingers here!  It´s year 6 for me in the CS and i did not miss a week - so was already content with my effort here, but used the pandemic to start learning songs on acoustic to be able to play from brains, over 20 so far, luckywise @diceslinger joined in there wholehearted, plus started a bit on soloing, another thing i really wanted to learn for years... I own a few guitars but i´m lacking a singlecoiler, i´m really thinking bout getting a strat thats says Corona, California at the back of the headstock when there is bright light at the end of the tunnel.

• Like 1

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

11 hours ago, diceslinger said:

Rockin Around the Christmas Tree sounds like a good pick.  I was thinking we should try something jazzy, and all of those 7 chords in Rocking Around should fit the bill. 

Some of my family in other states are planning a Christmas Eve Zoom call with each household doing a few readings, singing or playing some music, etc.  If I really get this one down I'll blow them all away with a live performance 🙂  With that in mind, do you mind if we take until Christmas on this one?  

There are a lot of relatives i will not be seeing that xmas due to restrictions or safety - yes, gonna send them some rockin greetings as well.
And... for sure ... till xmas is the time to get that done.

My best Lead attempts:

20201213121425-1.jpg

I have a slight problem with note recognition here, perhaps by tuning.

20201211183449-1.jpg

Ah @Rodman looks like you're better here. 89% on the third attempt, and for me only 88 on 9 attempts, but spread over a long period. 90% is my goal!

20201210163143-1.jpg

One of my favorite Sabaton songs!

20201114134816-1.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Rodman said:

Unluckywise bware got pissed by the development of the forum esp. on the charters side and left for good.
A big loss :....(

Similar story for dreddfoxx? His charts have all disappeared from ignition except one, but oddly his website is down too. Fortunately I had already dl'ed most of his stuff. 

• Sad 1

pretty fun, nice bass.
FtF0smF.png

Need to check out some more of these guys, pretty good stuff.
OGXCaqN.png

• Like 3

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

10 hours ago, Rodman said:

Exactly the spirit!! Let´s raise our personal middlefingers here!  It´s year 6 for me in the CS and i did not miss a week - so was already content with my effort here, but used the pandemic to start learning songs on acoustic to be able to play from brains, over 20 so far, luckywise @diceslinger joined in there wholehearted, plus started a bit on soloing, another thing i really wanted to learn for years... I own a few guitars but i´m lacking a singlecoiler, i´m really thinking bout getting a strat thats says Corona, California at the back of the headstock when there is bright light at the end of the tunnel.

That's good, funnily enough I know very few songs by heart. Just some easier stuff (Ramones mostly). I'm very reliant on having tabs in front of me. I've heard other heavy rocksmith players have the same issue.  Regarding covid, hopefully we all found some optimism and made some lemonade out of the gnarly lemon that was 2020 for the globe -- for me that was getting to the point where I could reasonably play Aerosmith or even this Opeth track (sort of....) while being a guitar newb.

Speaking of which an Opeth update!

d8ze0H5K_o.jpg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, TarpMada said:

That's good, funnily enough I know very few songs by heart. Just some easier stuff (Ramones mostly). I'm very reliant on having tabs in front of me. I've heard other heavy rocksmith players have the same issue.  Regarding covid, hopefully we all found some optimism and made some lemonade out of the gnarly lemon that was 2020 for the globe -- for me that was getting to the point where I could reasonably play Aerosmith or even this Opeth track (sort of....) while being a guitar newb.

Speaking of which an Opeth update!

d8ze0H5K_o.jpg

I hear between the lines that you are joining our song learning performance club 😉

10 hours ago, Rodman said:

I hear between the lines that you are joining our song learning performance club 😉

Is that why you lot have been posting videos? I think I am not yet ready!

7 hours ago, Mikson said:

I played Opeth one more time and yes, my goal is reached!

20201213123541-1.jpg

You fellas are tempting me, perhaps I should try to hit 90. But 84 was hard enough!

• Like 2

When this album first came out, my metal elitist friends told me it wasn't worth listening to, that Opeth wasn't metal anymore.

Years later I listened and wow, it is one of my favourites of theirs. Incredibly underrated.

QQU4XDo.png

Normally I recommend Sabaton as an "easy" metal band... but that song's not easy!

ezkc6jJ.png

And... a little late, but you can see why this video took a little extra time! 🥁🤯

• Like 7

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!

8 hours ago, Gamut said:

And... a little late, but you can see why this video took a little extra time! 🥁🤯

Really nice, I think there was some work to do with it. But you should also add the bass, then the performance of a one-man band would be complete 😉

• Like 2