Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 371

diceslinger

@Rodman , after your video was taken down I started trying to figure out how to do it such that mine wouldn't get taken down.  The past couple I've done the melody on have been flagged as ineligible for monetization, but not removed.  I figured the melody would get flagged for sure with this one, and I wasn't even sure about the chord progression.  So I messed around playing it trying to make it sound recognizable but not exact.  This is the version that jumped out, and I'm really please with it.  I have been working on learning to do more than just play guitar, so this was a big step that I could do spoken word while playing.  This is all one  take, a diaphragm mic pointed at the guitar, and a vocal mic for the words.  I adjusted the volume levels, but that was it.  We will see if it gets flagged.

• Like 2

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

11 hours ago, diceslinger said:

Yeah, I agree, the 5 rating is too low.  I wrote this down as a 6-7, then when I was typing the week up I thought, "but it is about the same as the lead part, maybe I just suck as the string skipping", so I lowered the rating.  I played it last night, and I should have gone with my gut.  I must agree with @ZeroPingNZ it is probably a 7 and an advanced bass song.  It is a bit late in the week to move a song normally, but as it is a bonus song I don't think it would be a big deal.  Does anyone have any objections to changing the rating to a 7 and making it advanced bass bonus instead?

I don't think it is necessary to change it for this week.  I was mostly curious as it is a bonus selection.  Besides, it doesn't hurt to stretch a bit once in a while..

I guess a small bit of progress to celebrate is going from 90ish to 95 on Cities on Flame compared to half a year ago, main riff still a bit too quick for my fingers though.

Had a 99 on the Megadeth that I straight up forgot to screenshot so that's gonna be fun to go for again

Yv1jf9J.jpegGLU8PrQ.jpeg

• Like 3

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer
19 hours ago, diceslinger said:

@Rodman , after your video was taken down I started trying to figure out how to do it such that mine wouldn't get taken down.  The past couple I've done the melody on have been flagged as ineligible for monetization, but not removed.  I figured the melody would get flagged for sure with this one, and I wasn't even sure about the chord progression.  So I messed around playing it trying to make it sound recognizable but not exact.  This is the version that jumped out, and I'm really please with it.  I have been working on learning to do more than just play guitar, so this was a big step that I could do spoken word while playing.  This is all one  take, a diaphragm mic pointed at the guitar, and a vocal mic for the words.  I adjusted the volume levels, but that was it.  We will see if it gets flagged.

Ah.... man.... how do you always raise the bar. That´s ..... a real Coverversion . You made this your song for that 4mins, in a very pure way. Really nice to listen to. The William Shatner style spoken words really transport the tension of those vocals through the song, even better than the somehow cheesy original. You fine man are a Killer.

Please never care for stupid YT autocopyright nonsense ever again - it takes 1 minute to create a dailymotion (or vimeo should do also) account... should not be a problem there.

So i still need a short comment on my ver and more importantly a new song to tackle.

Rock!!!

• Like 1

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

4 hours ago, Rodman said:

Ah.... man.... how do you always raise the bar. That´s ..... a real Coverversion . You made this your song for that 4mins, in a very pure way. Really nice to listen to. The William Shatner style spoken words really transport the tension of those vocals through the song, even better than the somehow cheesy original. You fine man are a Killer.

Please never care for stupid YT autocopyright nonsense ever again - it takes 1 minute to create a dailymotion (or vimeo should do also) account... should not be a problem there.

So i still need a short comment on my ver and more importantly a new song to tackle.

Rock!!!

Thank you for the kind words, I'm glad you enjoyed it.  It was a breakthrough for me to talk and play at the same time.  I'm not sure I was going for William Shatner, I think I had Sam Elliot mind 🙂

You are correct, I owe you a comment.  I started to comment on your version several times and kept getting distracted.  You nailed the arpeggios, they sounded clean and clear.  The chord followed by arpeggios keeps it clean but cohesive, just like the original so I like that choice.  I feel like strumming the chords gets too textured (and noisy) for the song.  I think the space makes the song, it needs to be a bit sparse like the desert outside of Los Angeles.  Your solo was, as always, unique but fit in with the piece.  I like how you chose to play the part at about 3:12.  I didn't realize how iconic that part was to the song until you played it.  I wish I had added it to my version.  Overall, I thought you nailed it.

A few questions....the little outfit you held up at the start.  What was that about?  Are you expecting a little one?  Second, I recognize your soloing as a pentatonic minor, how do you pick your starting note?  Is it related to the chord?  Are you sliding up or down the neck based on the chord progression or are you playing the solo without much regard to the actual chord underneath it?  I'm keen to get better in this area and you seem to have done some exploration into it.

Since it is Friday, I know you like to get your song to practice picked 🙂  How about Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison?

• Like 2

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

Hello everyone !

Wasn't able to participate last week, sorry for that...

Here are the week :

- Beginner : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2308960137

- Intermediate : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2308960394

- Advance / master : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2308961099

Bonus intermediate was painfull xD

• Like 4

Bloody hell. I keep missing every week (including a lot of songs I really like and did really well on) for MasterClass, sigh. Bloody ADHD. Anyway, I remembered for once and am going to set reminders! 

Bass - MC - Blue Oyster Cult - 95.25%

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2309382897

• Like 2

>> Rocksmith Championship - Screenshot Folder Link <<

Peace, love and grindcore. 🤟

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer
16 hours ago, diceslinger said:

Thank you for the kind words, I'm glad you enjoyed it.  It was a breakthrough for me to talk and play at the same time.  I'm not sure I was going for William Shatner, I think I had Sam Elliot mind 🙂

You are correct, I owe you a comment.  I started to comment on your version several times and kept getting distracted.  You nailed the arpeggios, they sounded clean and clear.  The chord followed by arpeggios keeps it clean but cohesive, just like the original so I like that choice.  I feel like strumming the chords gets too textured (and noisy) for the song.  I think the space makes the song, it needs to be a bit sparse like the desert outside of Los Angeles.  Your solo was, as always, unique but fit in with the piece.  I like how you chose to play the part at about 3:12.  I didn't realize how iconic that part was to the song until you played it.  I wish I had added it to my version.  Overall, I thought you nailed it.

A few questions....the little outfit you held up at the start.  What was that about?  Are you expecting a little one?  Second, I recognize your soloing as a pentatonic minor, how do you pick your starting note?  Is it related to the chord?  Are you sliding up or down the neck based on the chord progression or are you playing the solo without much regard to the actual chord underneath it?  I'm keen to get better in this area and you seem to have done some exploration into it.

Since it is Friday, I know you like to get your song to practice picked 🙂  How about Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison?

Yo, nice pick! From what i have in head that´s gonna be interesting.
The lil dress was for soccer-legend Maradona, as he passed away far too soon last week.

Thanks for that comment, really helps improving. Unexpectedly Hotel C was boring to play when using strummed chords only (and not singing). It was almost annoying to do those takes to get the Trio+ background track done 🙂 - So i had to make that arrangement the most interesting for myself as i wanted to nail the outro and was expecting to have a lot of tries (i always like to record the whole song in one take) - yeah that is one of the most iconic guitar pieces i know, the reason i basically threw in the song.

Soloing - well i´m at the very very beginning here, that´s my #2 fuck corona practice. I used one weekend to learn the CAGED system to have the pentatonic pattern all over the fretboard and re-learned how to identify the key of a song (man, that´s one of the things that always fall out of my head). I only had about 3 hours of soloing practice so far and so far my experimenting yielded no real benefit in following the chord changes, i just play a progression with the tempochanges that might fit without thinking too much, only starting as stated above, surprisingly comes relatively easy, as does learning all those songs. For starting note - i normally use the root of the starting chord of the section the solo begins, or i skip that note and play a pattern to the begiining of the 2nd bar or smthg.

Rock!

• Thanks 1

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

I am surprised by your high scores for this piece. I can't do more, I can't play the main riff without mistakes. I feel the scroll speed is too slow and notes are overlapping. But ok I accept it, these are my final results:

20201203205746-1.jpg

20201205181048-1.jpg

20201205184100-1.jpg

• Like 2