television theme songs

devindog23

I am suprised by the lack of these for rocksmith There is rich tradition of songs from tv shows ranging from Happy Days and Laverne and Shirly, to the Brady Bunch and All in the Family. The Flintstones, Welcome Back Cotter, Cheers. Three's Company Too. Sesame Street, the Muppets. What's Happening, Taxi... The list is endless...

what is your favorite theme song? Popeye, Mighty Mouse, the Pink Panther, blah, blah , blah.

Here's a great one that is available now:

http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/buffy-the-vampire-slayer-theme-r1170

The one that I want to make a custom for is Game of Thrones, ever since I saw this YouTube video of a dude that arranged it for 5-string bass, playing it 2-handed tapping style:

I actually went to that guy's webpage and transcribed his tab into a Guitar Pro 6 tab so that I could make a custom off of it.  The Guitar Pro version I made sounds great by itself (sounds like the video above), and I got it synced up with a recording of the TV show theme music in EOF -- but at that point things break down because it isn't actually played in the same key as the TV's music; it is adjusted a bit to fit the range of the 5-string bass.

I should have figured that out BEFORE going to the work of making the GP tab for it and syncing it up, but oh well -- I'm not big on music theory.  I may just rip the audio out of his YouTube video above and sync it to that -- I'll have to see what options I can think of for getting it to match up keys.

Actually, if anyone is interested in the Guitar Pro tab I made, I can put that up on my google drive and link to it.  Someone with more music theory knowledge than me might be able to adjust it to the TV theme key or vice-versa.  There are a few more issues with it though -- 1) 5-string bass required (he has a version for a 4, but it isn't as great), 2) playing it via tapping with BOTH HANDS on the fretboard is just nuts, so I separated the left and right hands into distinct arrangements, and 3) frets go all the way up to 24, which is more than can be found on either of my basses (a 5-string with 20 and a 4 with 21).

Actually, even without a Rocksmith custom version, it is fun to (try to) play along with it (even just ONE HAND of it) via Guitar Pro.

-----------------------------

Milkman Dan

My YouTube channel  (bass playthrough videos)

My Customs Download Folder  (my customs)

And,, the theme from Peter Gunn. I learned it as a finger exercise 20 some odd years ago. Great for beginners. I will see if I can just chart it without the audio. And I'm not 100% but was the Peter Gunn theme used as the song for Spyhunter the video game?

• Like 1

I'm Allergic To Stupidity. I Break Out In Sarcasm.

Love that version of the Got theme. I would like to try his 4 string verision.

YouTube:

And his tab (2-handed tapping):  http://advancebass.com/transcription/game-thrones-4-string-bass

I love the version for a 5 string, but the 4 version doesn't do it for me really.  There are some other good ones on YouTube for a 4, though.

• Like 1

-----------------------------

Milkman Dan

My YouTube channel  (bass playthrough videos)

My Customs Download Folder  (my customs)

• Administrator

Sons of Anarchy! Especially when they changed the theme during Season 3 when they went to Belfast

Mothman is real and he sold me coke in a dimly lit JC Penney's.

Love that version of the Got theme. I would like to try his 4 string verision.

YouTube:
 And his tab (2-handed tapping):  http://advancebass.com/transcription/game-thrones-4-string-bass I love the version for a 5 string, but the 4 version doesn't do it for me really.  There are some other good ones on YouTube for a 4, though.
yeah, not as melodic, but still looks fun.

• 4 weeks later...

MacGyver might be fun on the guitar.

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Check out the Tech Notes Tutorial Version 1.1 // Chordify Tutorial Rough Draft.