How to "cut" intro of Rocksmith?

nemesis232323

On 11/7/2020 at 10:42 PM, nemesis232323 said:

Hello guys!

Is there any way to pass through the intro of rocksmith, it takes too long, and sometimes I'm downloading songs to play and to view all the intro again sometimes sucks! Have you guys some mod of it? Thanks!

Can be done with this (provided your drive is fast enough)

• Like 1

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

Also if you are downloading new songs, you don't need to restart the game. All you need to do is open the "Shop" in the main menu, then a little notification should popup in the top right saying that it's "Enumerating downloadable content..." then you can leave the shop and wait a couple seconds and your songs should show up.

• 3 months later...
7 hours ago, SkullRock said:

This doesn't work, only the rocksmith icon flashes indefinitely when the game starts

If that happens it means your drive is too slow, it can't load the required files before the intro ends and it hangs. (or something else screwed ya files up)
Also that post linked to an old version of rsmods, so update if you got it from there just to be safe but I don't think it modified the fast startup in the meantime.

• Like 1

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

59 minutes ago, coldrampage said:

If that happens it means your drive is too slow, it can't load the required files before the intro ends and it hangs. (or something else screwed ya files up)
Also that post linked to an old version of rsmods, so update if you got it from there just to be safe but I don't think it modified the fast startup in the meantime.

Ok with the latest version it works perfectly now, thanks

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/24/2021 at 11:10 AM, coldrampage said:

Hey. With this MOD, if after you install it and find out your drive is too slow, how do you get rid of it ? I didn't install it yet to try out. Would it just be as simple as removing it in Control Panel / Programs And Features ?

3 hours ago, nanosynth said:

Hey. With this MOD, if after you install it and find out your drive is too slow, how do you get rid of it ? I didn't install it yet to try out. Would it just be as simple as removing it in Control Panel / Programs And Features ?

You just need to restore the backup cache it made to undo it.
9Sj0XOF.png

Then you can delete the RSMods folder if you have no further use for it, which is in the games root folder.

2 hours ago, coldrampage said:

You just need to restore the backup cache it made to undo it.
9Sj0XOF.png

Then you can delete the RSMods folder if you have no further use for it, which is in the games root folder.

This, but one more thing. If you're going to keep using the mods please also press "Clean Up Unpacked Cache" and "Remove Temporary Files" as it won't clean up everything, and will just put you back into the same place if you want to use another mod in that tab. The "Set And Forget Mods" tab is all about modding game files, so if you want a game that is un-touched, just don't touch this tab.

• 1 month later...
On 11/8/2020 at 2:35 AM, coldrampage said:

Can be done with this (provided your drive is fast enough)

I'm using the mods for a while now but didn't know an intro skipping option existed.
So I checked the software again - where exactly is the option to skip the intro? I don't see it.
Is it in the Enable/Disable Mods Tab?

9 minutes ago, droxid said:

I'm using the mods for a while now but didn't know an intro skipping option existed.
So I checked the software again - where exactly is the option to skip the intro? I don't see it.
Is it in the Enable/Disable Mods Tab?

It's in the "set and forget mods" tab
zlrEsU9.png