where is D3dx9_43.dll download link?

petrucci666

Question

9 answers to this question

6 hours ago, Lovroman said:

For CDLC on Mac you don't use the .DLL, take a look here how to enable them:

I downloaded the files, there are 3 files, after opening the RUN_PATCH file, what to do with the other 2 files, should I put them all in the Rocksmith library?? I already put them all in the library, Run the Patch but still not working, I don't know which steps I am missing. If you could kindly help me on this. Thanks.

• Developer
13 hours ago, petrucci666 said:

I downloaded the files, there are 3 files, after opening the RUN_PATCH file, what to do with the other 2 files, should I put them all in the Rocksmith library?? I already put them all in the library, Run the Patch but still not working, I don't know which steps I am missing. If you could kindly help me on this. Thanks.

Generally that should be enough (as long as it didn't report any issues with permissions) because running RUN_PATCH will inject the .dylib file into Rocksmith's main executable.

But seeing how the screen freezes when you enter a CDLC, it didn't apply it correctly.
So I suppose you could try to see what's inside the executable to see whether the .dylib file is actually inside it. (right click on "Rocksmith 2014" and press the thingy that will let you peek inside the file)

7 hours ago, Lovroman said:

Generally that should be enough (as long as it didn't report any issues with permissions) because running RUN_PATCH will inject the .dylib file into Rocksmith's main executable.

But seeing how the screen freezes when you enter a CDLC, it didn't apply it correctly.
So I suppose you could try to see what's inside the executable to see whether the .dylib file is actually inside it. (right click on "Rocksmith 2014" and press the thingy that will let you peek inside the file)

I did that, when open the RUN_PATCH_RS.command it opens the terminal with the following message:
____________________________________________________________________________________________
Last login: Wed Nov  4 03:57:53 on ttys000
/Users/Nawfal/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/RUN_PATCH_RS.command ; exit;
-bash: export: `1/Applications/B1FreeArchiver.app/Contents/MacOS:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/opt/X11/bin': not a valid identifier
Sams-MacBook-Pro:~ Nawfal$ /Users/Nawfal/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/RUN_PATCH_RS.command ; exit;
/Users/Nawfal/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/RUN_PATCH_RS.command: line 2: dirname: command not found
/Users/Nawfal/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/RUN_PATCH_RS.command: line 3: cp: command not found
/Users/Nawfal/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/RUN_PATCH_RS.command: line 4: ./insert_dylib: No such file or directory
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

[Process completed]
________________________________________________________________________________________________

May be it can give a clue if something is wrong?

14 hours ago, Lovroman said:

Did you extract it before you opened RUN_PATCH ?
Cos something is definitely wrong with it. (eg. it says './insert_dylib: No such file or directory' when insert_dylib is literally in the same folder with  the RUN_PATCH file)

the downloaded file is in .zip format so I had to unzip it first with Archive Utility, then the MAC_Patch folder would appear with 3 files inside it:
1. RUN_PATCH_RS.command
2. insert_dylib
3. libRSBypass.dylib
Then I move this folder with those contents into the Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014, then I open the RUN_PATCH file by right click/open with/terminal app, directly opening the app by double click doesn't work. I tried moving the 3 files individually to the library without placing them in separate folder also didn't work. Did I do anything wrong or miss any steps? bdw, thank you for your help.

• Administrator

You don't need to move this folder anywhere though. The weirdest thing to me is that the command were not found. Which version of MacOS are you using?

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity