looking for song japanese indie/anime/lofi cdlc suggestions

tron123

Hey all, 

im looking for new fun music to play in cdlc, but it's daunting to figure out new songs.  i'd like maybe some lofi stuff or indie japanese songs.  i like guitar that sounds like this starting at 9 mins in in the youtube link below.  it'd be nice to stay in E standard tuning.  thanks in advance!

or some stuff like the guitar in these songs

Edited by tron123
adding more examples

21 hours ago, tron123 said:

Hey all, 

im looking for new fun music to play in cdlc, but it's daunting to figure out new songs.  i'd like maybe some lofi stuff or indie japanese songs.  i like guitar that sounds like this starting at 9 mins in in the youtube link below.  it'd be nice to stay in E standard tuning.  thanks in advance!

or some stuff like the guitar in these songs

They're giving me some OrangeCoffee/Flap+frog vibes, well that bottom one is (tho OC borders more on jazz). Reminds me of some of the SeaBed ost too.
Only problem is I've only done the bass for most of them and haven't gotten round to any flap+frog at all yet (been planning in doing rain boots for a while).

Here's a few with guitar that you may like
OrangeCoffee - Two Cubes

Paleontology - BGM17
Paleontology - BGM54

Don't think I know too many songs like the top example but maybe something like this?
Xi-on - Ice Fairy

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

Versailles, Galneryus, and X Japan are three of my favorite Japanese language dominant bands to play on guitar or bass (the second of which especially Japanese language heavy 2010-present and made songs like "Hunting For Your Dream" for HunterXHunter).

Other's I could mention loving to play are:

THE ORAL CIGARETTES - Kyouran Hey Kids!!, Shala La, and Kantan Na Koto

Coda - BLOODY STREAM 

Dali - Moonlight Densetsu

Houkago Tea Time - Don't Say Lazy and Curry Nochi Rice

Dream - My Will

Yasushi Ishii - Logos Naki World

Yoko Takahashi - A Cruel Angel's thesis 

A particularly jazzy anime opening would be The Seatbelts: Tank, though it is obviously bass only.

The vast majority of these are in either E or Eb standard.

• Like 1

wow, my cdlc folder is expanding rapidly!  i just wanted to give some feedback since you all went to the trouble of responding to my post.

im going off of file names that i downloaded so i might be getting some of the band names incorrect so i apologize in advance for that.

in order of download:

OrangeCoffee

Xi-on

Paleontology

Crow's claw

Kana Boon

Tsukasa Tawada

Yuzo Koshiro

Kotaro-Oshio

Galneryus

Oral Cigarettes

Coda