Alternate Endings Not Importing Properly

nonstopsuperguy

For whatever reason, certain alternate endings in older GP files (GP6 and older) don't import correctly. Some do, others don't. Any idea why this occurs?

The gp5 exporter isn't too good with repeats/alternate endings, it's an issue with the guitar pro software. I've only used gp5/6 so not sure if its fixed in 7 but I doubt it is. It even occurs with tux guitar when converting tg or gpx files.

I reckon it's not getting fixed any time soon and you'll just have to fix it manually (which is normally just adding/removing an extra repeat so it's not too bad but quite annoying) 

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

For whatever reason, certain alternate endings in older GP files (GP6 and older) don't import correctly. Some do, others don't. Any idea why this occurs?

The gp5 exporter isn't too good with repeats/alternate endings, it's an issue with the guitar pro software. I've only used gp5/6 so not sure if its fixed in 7 but I doubt it is. It even occurs with tux guitar when converting tg or gpx files.

I reckon it's not getting fixed any time soon and you'll just have to fix it manually (which is normally just adding/removing an extra repeat so it's not too bad but quite annoying) 

Could you explain that process in detail?

Were it so easy...

There's no real set way to do it, it just depends how it got screwed up.

Check the number at the end of the bar and check it matches up with the song

bPw7ShD.png

if it's too many/little repeats make sure the yellow square is in the right bar and remove and re-add the repeat close and change the value to match the song.

sFzehGS.png

IBvBRKx.png

3InoloB.png

Another way to do it is to just remove the repeats to fix the song

So this

HqbZ6Ib.png

would become this

POFOymq.png

It's all a bit fiddly but it's not too bad once you figure out how the repeats work and how it got screwed.

oh also if it gets stuck, add a repeat open to the alt ending.

• Like 1

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

There's no real set way to do it, it just depends how it got screwed up.

Check the number at the end of the bar and check it matches up with the song

bPw7ShD.png

if it's too many/little repeats make sure the yellow square is in the right bar and remove and re-add the repeat close and change the value to match the song.

sFzehGS.png

IBvBRKx.png

3InoloB.png

Another way to do it is to just remove the repeats to fix the song

So this

HqbZ6Ib.png

would become this

POFOymq.png

It's all a bit fiddly but it's not too bad once you figure out how the repeats work and how it got screwed.

oh also if it gets stuck, add a repeat open to the alt ending.

Ah, cheers. Yeah, basically there were two alternate endings to one riff and callbacks to said endings much later in the song. Took me a good 20 mins to fix.

Were it so easy...