Locked Ignition4 + Forum October Update (2020)

Unleashed2k

• Administrator

Hi all,

I wanted to provide an update to let everyone know the status since our last August update.

We are proud to announce that ignition4 has completed it's first alpha test.

We found plenty of things to fix but this will not delay our next testing phases. We still plan on running another internal staff test to make sure everything is fixed and polished before we let anyone else check it out. While we are working on that, we are working with Invision Power (creator of our forums) on creating a patch to help us upgrade successfully from 3.4 -> 4.5. I have not received the full report on what they need us to do, but to prep for the upgrade we may need to remove some features / clear some data to help the upgrade process proceed without any hiccups. If this occurs it will be announced on our Partnered Discord first: https://discord.gg/cf

The next steps are crucial if we plan on upgrading the website soon. The following conditions must be met:

1) Purchase IP Board modifications for 4.5 version of the website (donation mod, championship, skin, etc mods that are needed)

2) Internal testing of ignition4 to make sure everything is secure, fast, with no big major bugs or issues

3) Test Migrations of IP Board 3.4->4.5 without hiccups

4) Deploy new servers with the latest OS that cPanel supports

5) A private test with friends of CF
6) Patreons will be able to test the website.

7) Full beta access that will be live for about a week or so, to make sure there are no outstanding issues. If we find problems that may delay the full launch until the issue is resolved.

Once everything is good to go, CustomsForge will be locked down for access for several hours while we start the migration of the old site to the new site. This includes our other sites we host: cfmanager.com & editoronfire.com.

Additionally we are working with our partner RSPlaylist.com to add new features that work between CF and RSPlaylist including linking your CF account, tracking your downloads, etc. More details on this later when we have more information to provide.

I've released some preview images to my patreon that will be exclusive to them until the 19th when I will update this post with the images. You can sub to my patreon for $1 for upcoming beta access + images by visiting here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/42814685

I'm looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback while we work on upgrading the whole CustomsForge experience. 

- Unleashed2k

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question. After i tune my guitar to CDLC songs the notes and neck of the guitar do not appear but the amp and sound appear. is it because of maintenance on coustomsforge or is it a problem with the CDLC i have been trying to figure it out all day. If someone can help me that would be great. 

• Administrator
2 hours ago, bendu said:

How do I get the older  version back? This one is too touchy. click once anywhere that you didn't mean to and I have to start over.

The old version is retired permanently due to an error. Please provide more information other than too touchy.

Example: What resolution are you running?
Additionally you can click the menu to launch the modal or go straight to the record page.

image.png

I am working on bug fixes for smaller resolutions as well.

• Like 1

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

Things look great. Thank you for all your hard work on the site.

I have a question: is there a way for me to custom-default the CDLC search to "last updated" instead of "DLs"? I mean, hey, it's great to know that Comfortably Numb and Stairway are the top two downloads of all time here, but it takes two quick clicks every time I launch the search to get where I am headed. There's probably a setting somewhere to save my current selection as default, but I'm not seeing it so any help is appreciated. Thanks.  :)

And the re-sort by heading is really fast now. The old version was painful to hit those, so it isn't a huge deal.

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, beastman69 said:

Things look great. Thank you for all your hard work on the site.

I have a question: is there a way for me to custom-default the CDLC search to "last updated" instead of "DLs"? I mean, hey, it's great to know that Comfortably Numb and Stairway are the top two downloads of all time here, but it takes two quick clicks every time I launch the search to get where I am headed. There's probably a setting somewhere to save my current selection as default, but I'm not seeing it so any help is appreciated. Thanks.  🙂

And the re-sort by heading is really fast now. The old version was painful to hit those, so it isn't a huge deal.

Hm, I reset all accounts like 2 hours ago to default for last updated. Can you check search settings? 

image.png

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

5 minutes ago, Unleashed2k said:

Hm, I reset all accounts like 2 hours ago to default for last updated. Can you check search settings? 

image.png

Thanks for the quick reply! My settings were still the old ones with DLs descending as the setting. I refreshed the browser and closed the tab and re-launched and those settings stuck. Maybe because I had the window open when you made the changes and it remembered for me?

In any event, I clicked the "defaults" button and it switched to latest update and it remembers that setting, so I'm all good now. If I would've clicked that settings box initially I wouldn't have had to bug you at all.  🙂 

Thanks again.

17 hours ago, Unleashed2k said:

The old version is retired permanently due to an error. Please provide more information other than too touchy.

Example: What resolution are you running?
Additionally you can click the menu to launch the modal or go straight to the record page.

Instead of the fantastic window that opened up, I get sent to a new page. If I hit back on my browser, I got back to the sign in page. Now I have to start over. I just found out if you click in a blank spot in the line, the window opens. 

1920x1080

It looks nice, I just find it too quick to take me away from what I was looking at. The old version was much easier for the user (this user anyway).

It's working really fast which is good, but non adjustable columns stuck in a bad position is extremely not good bordering on unusable for me. It's literally the most important part of the site. Can this really not be fixed? It's hard to believe that proper scaling is not a thing in software made for use in 2020. Seeing the name of the band and the name of the song should take #1 priority over the length of the track or what platform its for in my opinion. Just get rid of a couple unnecessary columns and it will fit fine I imagine. Or possibly just make appropriate column widths for the important stuff (song name and artist) and let us scroll to the side for the rest. Thanks for all your work, and I hope this can be resolved somehow without you having to set custom columns on a per user basis. This is not a knock against the devs, but rather the weird, unscalable BBS they decided to use. Surely there's got to be a better software that's not so finicky. I've never seen anything like this on any other website since the 90s. Thanks again for your work. No disrespect at all was intended with this post. More like a wishlist for me

Edit: I use 3840x2160 300% scale or 1920x1080 150% scale depending which monitor I'm using, Windows 10, which winds up being 1280x720 effectively, don't know if this is helpful, but figured I'd add some more info anyway.

Screenshot_1.png

Edited by tdchewy
more info+screenshot

Started playing Bass with Rocksmith April 2019

4 hours ago, tdchewy said:

It's working really fast which is good, but non adjustable columns stuck in a bad position is extremely not good bordering on unusable for me. It's literally the most important part of the site. Can this really not be fixed? It's hard to believe that proper scaling is not a thing in software made for use in 2020. Seeing the name of the band and the name of the song should take #1 priority over the length of the track or what platform its for in my opinion. Just get rid of a couple unnecessary columns and it will fit fine I imagine. Or possibly just make appropriate column widths for the important stuff (song name and artist) and let us scroll to the side for the rest. Thanks for all your work, and I hope this can be resolved somehow without you having to set custom columns on a per user basis. This is not a knock against the devs, but rather the weird, unscalable BBS they decided to use. Surely there's got to be a better software that's not so finicky. I've never seen anything like this on any other website since the 90s. Thanks again for your work. No disrespect at all was intended with this post. More like a wishlist for me

Edit: I use 3840x2160 300% scale or 1920x1080 150% scale depending which monitor I'm using, Windows 10, which winds up being 1280x720 effectively, don't know if this is helpful, but figured I'd add some more info anyway.

Screenshot_1.png

Column scaling is a known issue. Unleashed2k is taking a couple days off to relieve some stress, and this issue isn't breaking the site. The website is responsive and will scale with how big your browser is, so it only shows the stuff you need to see. The bigger the window, the more columns will show. Also, I can assure you this website is 1000x better than websites in the 90s that used to use tables as dead space. Alternatively, you can also disable columns in the settings button when your press the sliders button in the top right (between the question mark button, and the filters drop down). There you can click which columns you want removed, making it easier for you to view. If you remove Date Added, Duration, and Version it looks like this at the resolution you mentioned.

image.png

7 hours ago, ffio1 said:

Alternatively, you can also disable columns in the settings button when your press the sliders button in the top right (between the question mark button, and the filters drop down). There you can click which columns you want removed, making it easier for you to view. If you remove Date Added, Duration, and Version it looks like this at the resolution you mentioned.

My apologies, I was not aware of this option. Thank you for filling me in.

Started playing Bass with Rocksmith April 2019

Hey guys i did notice something that i found on the new site that i was a little concerned with. When downloading new cdlc on the new site, it only updates the collection for the new site. Will there be an option or capability to transfer the members current collection to the new site? I try not to download the same cdlc more than once. Knowing what you already have in your collection is very insightful. Thanks for the updates, hope all is well.

• Administrator
On 11/9/2020 at 9:55 PM, Genesee62 said:

Hey guys i did notice something that i found on the new site that i was a little concerned with. When downloading new cdlc on the new site, it only updates the collection for the new site. Will there be an option or capability to transfer the members current collection to the new site? I try not to download the same cdlc more than once. Knowing what you already have in your collection is very insightful. Thanks for the updates, hope all is well.

This is still a work in progress. We do have all the old collection data saved but when using it on the new site it is currently bringing everything to a halt, due to it being 20 million entries. We're working on finding the best way to store this data.

• Thanks 1

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

• Administrator

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)