syncing tab with music

dj_jimwill

Question

complete newb question but I am trying to create derek and the dominos layla for my own personal use to start with but when I import the GP file its not in sync with the Mp3 file is the an easy way to select all the notes and then move them the required length back to be in sync I have scoured the net and the only possible conclusion I can come up with is moving each not individually?

any help would be appreciated...

thanks in advance and sorry for the stupid newb question

8 answers to this question

Weird. I thought Layla had already been done? There was an RS1 version.

The GP files won't be in sync unless you've already set the beat map. And even after that, you usually need to select-all and copy, then delete, then line up the cursor to the first beat (where the guitar part begins) and paste. Don't just select-all and drag the notes into place, this will throw them off the beat.

• Like 1

@@MVega, I recomend to you count beat measures and "push offset up" to align gp file with track, that better than dragging notescopy-paste..

I don't drag the notes. Instead I copy them, then delete them, then paste them again at the proper beatmarket. But before I do any of this, I make sure the Guitarpro file is accurate..