Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 358

Welcome to the CF Rocksmith 2014 Championship!

-=Week 358=-

FAQ: => How and Why join the Championships?

=> Rocksmith 2014 Championships rules

Last week's winners:

Lead:

Rhythm:

Bass:

• Beginner: No participants
  • Intermediate: @@Wi11
  • Advanced: @@Wi11 wants to level up and takes the win
  • Masterclass: @@Snakewizard

Congrats to all winners. Well done!

Rocksmith Championship Leaderboard

This week's songs are:

Lead Path:

Beginner: P!nk - Don't Let Me Get Me (3) Chosen by @hughmonty
Intermediate: Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Lil' Red Riding Hood (5) Chosen by @@diceslinger
Advanced: ZZ Top - La Grange (8) Chosen by @NunoJBSilva

Masterclass: Atheist - Piece of Time (9) Chosen by @@Snakewizard

Rhythm Path:

Beginner: P!nk - Don't Let Me Get Me (3) Chosen by @hughmonty
Intermediate: ZZ Top - La Grange (5) Chosen by @NunoJBSilva
Advanced:
Atheist - Piece of Time (8) Chosen by @@Snakewizard

Masterclass: Atheist - Piece of Time (8) Chosen by @@Snakewizard

Bass Path:

Beginner: ZZ Top - La Grange (3) Chosen by @NunoJBSilva
Beginner Bonus: P!nk - Don't Let Me Get Me (2) Chosen by @hughmonty
Intermediate: Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Lil' Red Riding Hood (5) Chosen by @@diceslinger
Advanced: Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Lil' Red Riding Hood (5) Chosen by @@diceslinger
Masterclass: Atheist - Piece of Time (9) Chosen by @@Snakewizard

Share with us your opinion on this weeks songs difficulty scores (1-10).

Honorable list Diehard Member:
(draft - to be updated after CCL update)

Classless, Fearless FreeBird Members in their endless battle with the fb police:

Let us know your opinions on the accuracy of the difficulty scores (1-10) for this weeks songs.

Edited by diceslinger
Wi11 wins
  • Like 3

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

Medium and Advanced Bass and Rhythm are the same (doubled)?

It is correct. Milo answered on discord.

Yeah, I searched high and low trying to find songs that fit the bill for all classes and paths...this setting up a week is much harder than I every thought it was.  The Championship organizers put in more work with it that I ever realized.   Now I see why they say for everyone to add more songs to the song selection sheet!

• Like 3

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

Oh god freaking damnit. I missed the deadline again. I keep forgetting it cause I'm on Australian time. I'm so s***ed off with myself, I keep doing this! 

Anyway vent over, interested to see if i even pass this one. Last Atheist one was a huge challenge. Goddamn I love Atheist on bass.

• Like 2

>> Rocksmith Championship - Screenshot Folder Link <<

Peace, love and grindcore. 🤟

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Oh god freaking damnit. I missed the deadline again. I keep forgetting it cause I'm on Australian time. I'm so s***ed off with myself, I keep doing this! 

Anyway vent over, interested to see if i even pass this one. Last Atheist one was a huge challenge. Goddamn I love Atheist on bass.

What about posting within the week?

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

Medium and Advanced Bass and Rhythm are the same (doubled)?

It is correct. Milo answered on discord.

Yeah, I searched high and low trying to find songs that fit the bill for all classes and paths...this setting up a week is much harder than I every thought it was.  The Championship organizers put in more work with it that I ever realized.   Now I see why they say for everyone to add more songs to the song selection sheet!

Yeah, all is correct. I came up with that rule like 2 years ago: when the songs offer no fitting path for some classes the weekstarter can select a fitting one from the past, from the spare song arrangements sheet OR he can hand them just the one from the next higher level.

@@diceslinger - who said it was gonna be easy ;p ... no, seriously: great work, it's getting easier every time. .... especially when there are enough songs in the list ;)

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

@@fendwyr messaged me that he couldn't post to the thread, is anyone else having that problem?  I see his post just fine.  Maybe an moderation issue?

thx for reply. I posted my image with some of struggeling out. But I made it.

Problem was when I tried post image with URL to Steam. When I moved image to imgbox.com (and used URL from imgbox.com), it worked fine. With creating post with Steam's image, progress bar was showing "saving ... ". After that, there was no notification about some Error, and my post was somewhere, "nowhere". So I created new post only with text without image. It worked fine. Then I tried to edit my post, and put there img with URL to Steam. Result was similiar. Content of my original post was deleted and post was shown as blank.

Way to post it succesfully was to use imgbox.com

I know that this post is off-topic, so after reading you can delete it. 
  • Like 2

Yes, it's true. It's a challenge to make a good selection of songs to suit the different levels! Admittedly, there's a bit of a mess in the song selection list though (ODLC, songs already played, incorretly or not rated difficulties etc). So new proposals for the selection list are welcome  ;) 

And one more thing because nobody noticed: @@theholydevil achieved over 99% accuracy in the song rated 3, so according to the rules he is promoted to the intermediate class on Lead Guitar. Congrats!

• Like 2

I suppose I'll have to level up eventually so I should probably do it sooner rather than later. Level me up to Advanced bass for week 357. My apologies Rodman!  :lol:

With that said, I'm amazed at how much work must go into all of this. The leaderboards, all the different charts and rankings, song ratings, song selection, and even creating CDLC. It is all very much appreciated!

• Like 3

Bass only post here:

Pink Don't Let Me Get Me:

99.32% (Damn you note recogition!)

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/1608303134003654871/E89EA7393B2F7CE7430B38EDB2347E1D0D0A7E43/

Lil' Red Riding Hood:

99.64%

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/1608303134003655093/F8FDF90C01AEB8035D5A88AE5ED011B2BE5C593E/

I really don't think this is a 6 in difficulty, more like 4 or 5 (but an easy 5?)

• Like 1

ohoho line synced lyrics, first time I've seen those. wow people actually do that?
FJrIomV.png

gonna skip p!nk cant stand it.

meh
58rKapE.png

This is mental, mad props to their bassist
ZYr7vhS.png

Guitar time

meh
HSToKvi.png

wew can't even play that riff on guitar, probably never get it down on bass
wM2LsG9.png

• Like 2

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

The Pink song link is dead.

Also, how do we vote for songs?

it works for me, maybe there were temporary problems with the server?

You can enter your song suggestions along with the difficulty rating into the selection list here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HzgY90kLwyGqzJ-R64v8lmpeQMMhhxwGwUlenepIgms/edit#gid=6

Host of the championship week select songs from the list to be played that week.

• Like 1

Just trying to understand the leaderboards better... I was looking at the rankings/ Rodman rankings and noticed some names were listed in more than one difficulty category for the same instrument. Yet, there was no astrick determining what class said players were in and points were accumulated in both difficulties, even in the same week. I'm curious how that works.

• Like 1

I suppose I'll have to level up eventually so I should probably do it sooner rather than later. Level me up to Advanced bass for week 357. My apologies Rodman!  :lol:

With that said, I'm amazed at how much work must go into all of this. The leaderboards, all the different charts and rankings, song ratings, song selection, and even creating CDLC. It is all very much appreciated!

Just trying to understand the leaderboards better... I was looking at the rankings/ Rodman rankings and noticed some names were listed in more than one difficulty category for the same instrument. Yet, there was no astrick determining what class said players were in and points were accumulated in both difficulties, even in the same week. I'm curious how that works.

Yeah, a lot´s of work, but i think we really do have it on a very high level by now. Great you like it.

For the leaderboards: the running leaderboards show every player in his class - normal black font, when he scores in classes above - normal font with *, for the lower classes - grey small font with * - obviously not counting.

From that we calculate the 10-weeks "Rodmans" Leaderboard - places in own class or above are scored 10/5/3/1 for 1st to 4th place and those are summed over the last 10 running weeks.

You can only take the win in your class - so your leveling up makes you winner of Adv Bass - where you belong, congrats, you will be in MC soon i think.

Rock!

• Like 1

Yeah, a lot´s of work, but i think we really do have it on a very high level by now. Great you like it.

For the leaderboards: the running leaderboards show every player in his class - normal black font, when he scores in classes above - normal font with *, for the lower classes - grey small font with * - obviously not counting.

From that we calculate the 10-weeks "Rodmans" Leaderboard - places in own class or above are scored 10/5/3/1 for 1st to 4th place and those are summed over the last 10 running weeks.

You can only take the win in your class - so your leveling up makes you winner of Adv Bass - where you belong, congrats, you will be in MC soon i think.

Rock!

Ah, I get it now. You can score and gain points in a higher class but you don't get the win unless you're in that class. Which in turn, encourages people to level up so they can challenge themselves with more difficult songs, all while keeping it fair for everyone else. Brilliant. Thanks for the clarification!

• Like 1

what a lovely tune, nice

39339631ke.jpg

• Like 2