Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 351

Mikson

I've kept missing and skipping weeks due to life being too busy - work, moving house this weekend coming, etc. I really wanna participate in this weeks' GoG for bass as I love that album. Last two weeks in a row I havent submitted in time. Oops. Let's see how i go.

• Like 3

>> Rocksmith Championship - Screenshot Folder Link <<

Peace, love and grindcore. 🤟

@@Rodman, Well, I worked my butt off but I just can't seem to get it all put together in one take.  Here is my best effort.  Don't ask me about the end, I feel like I am just making it up and then resolve on a D chord in resignation.

• Like 2

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

Solid fun song

u7kyGnG.jpg

I've never really gotten serious about learning tapping.  Guess I'm getting a crash course this week!

5gYYQvB.jpg

I've never gotten Zappa.  Isn't stuff like this supposed to be musically humorous? 

x4B6JQi.jpg

• Like 3

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

@@diceslinger

here is a lil bad my girl. +1 braincollection, thx

Well done @@Rodman!  I like the intro and the guitar slaps to keep time.  You put your own musical flair on the song!

@@Rodman, Well, I worked my butt off but I just can't seem to get it all put together in one take.  Here is my best effort.  Don't ask me about the end, I feel like I am just making it up and then resolve on a D chord in resignation.

https://youtu.be/gFVrTQEuvSU

Yo, dicer - well done! The open chords for prechorus and chorus are a good idea! Will try and change that probably for myself.

It´s only tuesday (!).... (!)

Ok, we will make it not too easy for the next one, and i´m in an epic mood today, we need a heroic riff i feel.

Choose wisely

GnR - Sweet Child of mine

or

DC - You Shook me All night long.

Rock!, Rod

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

Yo, dicer - well done! The open chords for prechorus and chorus are a good idea! Will try and change that probably for myself.

Ok, we will make it not too easy for the next one, and i´m in an epic mood today, we need a heroic riff i feel.

Choose wisely

or

Rock!, Rod

Yeah, the open chords really did it for me, I found that without any bass playing them above the 12th fret made the song thin and it started to lose cohesion.  You kept the song together with the percussive slaps on the guitar, I moved the chords to put more bass back into them.  I think both were good solutions.

You are ramping up the difficulty!  I have never been able to touch the riff on Sweet Child, but I love the idea of being able to play it, so lets give it a try.  Can we give ourselves two weeks for this one?

• Like 1

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Choose wisely

or

Rock!, Rod

Yeah, the open chords really did it for me, I found that without any bass playing them above the 12th fret made the song thin and it started to lose cohesion.  You kept the song together with the percussive slaps on the guitar, I moved the chords to put more bass back into them.  I think both were good solutions.

You are ramping up the difficulty!  I have never been able to touch the riff on Sweet Child, but I love the idea of being able to play it, so lets give it a try.  Can we give ourselves two weeks for this one?

We have all the time in the world, sure!!!!!!

Sooo looking forward to that :D

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

Just need to get used to the chords a bit more.
huEuTwX.png

not too bad

P8h3SQR.png

same % better streak
8JTklVK.png

Just a smidge off 99
U8NN8LE.png

• Like 2

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

Hey guys, just got Rocksmith a day or two ago and saw this and had to participate, even if Im late. 

SFja45a.jpeg

I messed up on where to take the screenshot but it was like a 92% or something. (I know it doesn't exactly count for the leaderboard but it's okay, I just wanted to participate. Will try better next week)

I also tried to play the black sabbath one but holy cow that beginning solo is hard! 

Question for the bass players, do you calibrate again if you switch between guitar and bass? 

Also, what is the best way for me to learn what all the symbols mean? The lessons I've done are all videos and nothing practical so when it started throwing bends (or what I assume are bends) at me I was really confused haha. 

• Like 6

Question for the bass players, do you calibrate again if you switch between guitar and bass? 

Also, what is the best way for me to learn what all the symbols mean? The lessons I've done are all videos and nothing practical so when it started throwing bends (or what I assume are bends) at me I was really confused haha. 

Welcome to the championship.

You don't need to recalibrate between bass and guitar.

Here is a guide to what the symbols mean.  http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/ncsa/rocksmith/website/guides/Notehead-tail%20guide.pdf

• Like 3

The bending = BS

7gDuX9F.png

------------------------------------------------------------

I have dreams of this song not constantly telling me i miss entire phrases of open notes

RjVAX9i.png

I practiced this in RR for hours. HOURS. The intro just kicked my ass so bad. On attempt 2, after my 3 X's, I got so pissed off that i grabbed the neck of my bass, pulled it up to shake it, and incidentally ended up smashing my nose on the part where the strap connects to the body giving myself a small nosebleed. So, yeah.

XDqMcoS.png

Ok, seriously... wtf is this lmao

hec7w8X.png

• Like 4