Help Getting Rocksmith 1 Songs

Hootzager

Question

Hello All,

First, I just wanted to say that this site is awesome!  I've been playing Rocksmith 2014 on PS3 for a few weeks now but was starting to get bored with the included songs and dlc.

I recently stumbled upon this site and cDLC's have been playing 2-3 hours a day ever since.

So thank you to everyone who has created cDLC's for us to enjoy.

Now, on to my question....

So I've purchased RS2014 through Steam (for Mac) and have gone through all the setup to get cDLC to work.  I didn't mind paying for RS2014 a second time since it's a great piece of software and I can sell my disc version to recoup some of the cost of switching.

However, is there a way I can get the Rocksmith 1 track list imported into RS2014 without purchasing that through Steam?  (it's $29.99 + $10 for the import tool)

I've tried searching through the forum to find an answer, but can't seem to find any help.

8 answers to this question

Thanks for the help guys.  I understand about Ubisoft having to re-license the songs for RS2014, I was just hoping to cut down on the costs of transferring from ps3 to Mac.  

I guess since there's only a few songs I really want, I'll just wait a while until I feel like I want them bad enough to pay another $40 for them.

I wish Ubisoft would just make the original track list into individual DLC so we could pay for just what we wanted.

Anyway, thanks again for the quick responses.

Thanks for the tip, I'll keep checking to see if it goes on sale.

I think I've actually found at least some of the songs, now I'm just working through the process of learning how to convert the .dat files to m.psarc

Is there a tool to convert Rocksmith .dat CDLC to .psarc Rocksmith 2014? 

It's a bit more complicated than that, but yes. Basically you use the toolkit to unpack the .dat,, then import the xml files from that into EOF in order to generate new .xml files for Rocksmith2014, then repack.

But are you sure the .dat you want to play hasn't already been converted?

Is there a tool to convert Rocksmith .dat CDLC to .psarc Rocksmith 2014? 

It's a bit more complicated than that, but yes. Basically you use the toolkit to unpack the .dat,, then import the xml files from that into EOF in order to generate new .xml files for Rocksmith2014, then repack.

But are you sure the .dat you want to play hasn't already been converted?

Yes, I found some old Rocksmith .dat CDLC files that arent submitted yet for RS14 but I want to play them so much. Is there any tutorial for repacking it? Thanks for help btw