Chord fingering not showing on first strum, clear pane instead

Billkwando

Question

So that's the problem I'm having. It's right after an arpeggio, but there are no sustains. Nothing's connected, so I don't know if the arpeggio is interfering or if it's something else. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Words of wisdom for CDLC charters:

"When in doubt, steal a tone from Kansas' Carry On Wayward Son"

- Billkwando

Download my L'Arc~en~Ciel Ken "Love Driver Cat" custom Inlays here

17 answers to this question

Please post the project file with information such as which note in which track is having this issue, with a screen capture of how it looks in Rocksmith if you have time. Is the chord in question inside of an arpeggio phrase?

No it's not, it's totally after. I probably won't be able to post it til tomorrow night. Thanks! :)

- Billkwando

Is it the same chord as the arpeggio chord? That would explain it. If that's the case, try toggling the chord as a crazy note to force Rocksmith to label it.

It's not. The arp chord is a D variation, and the unlabelled chord is an A.

- Billkwando

Hi!

So coincidentally, I had gone through and removed the arpeggios, but the notes were still left crazy. I went back and added 2 tonight to see if I could replicate the issue, and the first arpeggio is fine, but the 2nd exhibits the problem. They're measures 32 & 36. Here's the link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/uzm368q38d1fvt5/Hyde+-+Sweet+Vanilla.zip

Thanks!

- Billkwando

I looked at the XML file EOF created and they both seem to be written identically to me:

First arpeggio (measure 32):

...        ...        
Second arpeggio (measure 36):

...        ...        
I can't see any problem in the XML itself. Could you take an in-game screen capture so I can see how it appears in Rocksmith?

I looked at the XML file EOF created and they both seem to be written identically to me:First arpeggio (measure 32):

<chordTemplate chordName="A7sus4" displayName="A7sus4-arp" finger0="-1" finger1="-1" finger2="-1" finger3="1" finger4="3" finger5="4" fret0="-1" fret1="-1" fret2="-1" fret3="2" fret4="3" fret5="3"/>...        <note time="71.484" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="3" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="5" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>...        <handShape chordId="4" endTime="72.289" startTime="71.484"/>
Second arpeggio (measure 36):
    <chordTemplate chordName="A7sus4" displayName="A7sus4-arp" finger0="-1" finger1="-1" finger2="-1" finger3="1" finger4="3" finger5="4" fret0="-1" fret1="-1" fret2="-1" fret3="2" fret4="3" fret5="3"/>...        <note time="80.057" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="3" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="5" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>...        <handShape chordId="4" endTime="80.861" startTime="80.057"/>
I can't see any problem in the XML itself. Could you take an in-game screen capture so I can see how it appears in Rocksmith?

Oh that's why I gave you the psarc. I can do it when I get home, sure.

- Billkwando

Here's a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jsOfbtpJvA

It's around 25 seconds, you can see both. Also notice that it shows the fingering for the A chord 2 times in a row, which also seemed odd to me.

- Billkwando

Is the issue that the first A chord after the second arpeggio is displaying as a repeat line instead of a chord box? The only possible cause I can come up with is that the chord instance refers to one form of the A chord (chord ID 15) and the handshape for the chord refers to another form of the A chord (chord ID 3):

<chordTemplate chordName="A" displayName="A" finger0="-1" finger1="-1" finger2="1" finger3="3" finger4="2" finger5="-1" fret0="-1" fret1="0" fret2="2" fret3="2" fret4="2" fret5="-1"/>...    <chordTemplate chordName="A" displayName="A" finger0="-1" finger1="-1" finger2="1" finger3="2" finger4="3" finger5="-1" fret0="-1" fret1="0" fret2="2" fret3="2" fret4="2" fret5="-1"/>...        <chord time="81.396" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="15" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">          <chordNote time="81.396" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="1" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>          <chordNote time="81.396" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="2" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="2" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>          <chordNote time="81.396" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="2" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="2" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="3" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>          <chordNote time="81.396" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="2" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="3" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="4" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>        </chord>...        <handShape chordId="3" endTime="83.272" startTime="81.396"/>
The reason there are multiple definitions for the A chord is because the fingering was defined differently for some of them. If you can manually edit the handshape tag at 81.396 seconds from chordId="3" to chordId="15" and rebuild the song in the toolkit with that edited XML file, let me know if that makes it display correctly as a chord box. If it does, I'll know what I have to fix. If that's not it, I'm not seeing anything else and it's possibly a problem with the toolkit.

As for the A chord name/box displaying twice in a row, there's actually a stray single note between the two, but you have to zoom in really close to see it:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/raynebc/sneakynote_zps643225e3.jpg

Yep, that brought the chord box back. Will giving all the A chords the same fingering fix it for now?

- Billkwando

It should. I'll look into getting this fixed.

Thanks! Is there a way to change the fingerings of all the A chords at once?

- Billkwando

Select one of them, use select like (CTRL+L), edit the fingering for all selected notes at once by using the "Edit Frets/Fingering" function (press the F key). Your chart only has one difficulty in the track, but if there was more than one, you'd have to do this once for each difficulty in the track.

• Like 1

No problem. Also, I've corrected the problem for the next hotfix. It will now use the correct chord ID in the handshape tags.

Thanks a bunch again! I was able to fix the issue with your directions, and now it works perfectly. :)

http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/sweet-vanilla-r4458

- Billkwando