Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 344

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Welcome to the CF Rocksmith 2014 Championship!

-= Week 344=-

FAQ: => How and Why join the Championships?

=> Rocksmith 2014 Championships rules

Last week's winners:
Lead:

Rhythm:

Bass:

Congrats to all winners. Well done!

Rocksmith Championship Leaderboard

This week's songs are:

Lead Path:

Beginner:     The Who - My Generation (ODS)  (2) chosen by @@Rodman ( known also from Week 185 )

Intermediate:   Amorphis - Black Winter Day (5.5) chosen by @ZeroPingNZ & Rod

i made a EST version, grab it as its hot  - USE HEADPHONES!!!

Advanced:       Harold Faltermeyer & Steve Stevens - Top Gun Anthem (8) chosen by @@emu

Masterclass:    Blue Öyster Cult - Then Came the Last Days of May  (8) chosen by @@sika

God Of Guitar:    Buckethead Gold Dragon - full song   week 3 of 4 chosen by DZ

Rhythm Path:

Beginner:       The Who - My Generation (ODS)  (3.5)

Intermediate:  Amorphis - Black Winter Day  (5)

Advanced:      Blue Öyster Cult - Then Came the Last Days of May (6)

Masterclass:   n/a

Bass Path:

Beginner:        Amorphis - Black Winter Day  (3)

Intermediate: Harold Faltermeyer & Steve Stevens - Top Gun Anthem (4)

Advanced:     The Who - My Generation (ODS) (5.5)

Masterclass:  Blue Öyster Cult - Then Came the Last Days of May  (6)

God Of Bass:    Buckethead Gold Dragon - full song   week 3 of 4 

Share with us your opinion on this weeks songs difficulty scores (1-10).

Exercise Challenges:

1st Exercise: Blues Comping 1 in A major shuffle
2nd Exercise: 
Blues Comping 2 in A major - straight 8ths
3rd Exercise: 
Blues Comping 3 in G major (funky)
4rd Exercise: 
Blues Comping 4 in E major (shuffle)
5th Exercise: 
Blues Comping 5 in E major (dirty Texas Blues style, shuffle) (more challenging lead guitar (adv), rhythm and bass more intermediate with a real audio track (no GP RSA converted)

Everyone can bring up new scores that will be added to the exercises scoreboards

Honorable list Diehard Member:
(draft - to be updated after CCL update)

Classless, Fearless FreeBird Members in their endless battle with the fb police:

Let us know your opinions on the accuracy of the difficulty scores (1-10) for this weeks songs.

• Like 3

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

What do we have?

A great week i think.

If you or your gear does not like C# tuning - ypu can use my Estd version, best enjoyed with headphones, cause your strings sound does not match the piched tone.

Top Gun, just epic. The Who - also. Amorphis, a real classic.

Bass Masters: its an easy week, too easy maybe - if so - let me know and i will serve you something to go for from the past.

• Like 4

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

Upleveling news:

@@coldrampage moves up to MC Rhy!

@ZeroPingNZ moves up to Adv Rhy!

• Like 7

@@Rodman

According to your post from previous week:

Yes - so ... i have checked your scores and esp. that 88% at Maiden makes you and Adv Guitarist.

I have put you to LEAD: Adv RHY: Adv BASS: Int - thats to give you the joy of leveling up soon.

Uplevels happen at 99%+ Guitar, 99.5%+ Bass at Highest Rated Song of each class - so 3 for beg, 5 for int (yes, that´s you on bass), 7 for adv.

Is that ok for you?

I was assigned to intermediate bass. I had 99% accuracy, why I didn't win, and what does the gray font and * next to nicknames in the championship table mean?

@@Rodman

Yes - so ... i have checked your scores and esp. that 88% at Maiden makes you and Adv Guitarist.

I have put you to LEAD: Adv RHY: Adv BASS: Int - thats to give you the joy of leveling up soon.

Uplevels happen at 99%+ Guitar, 99.5%+ Bass at Highest Rated Song of each class - so 3 for beg, 5 for int (yes, that´s you on bass), 7 for adv.

Is that ok for you?

I was assigned to intermediate bass. I had 99% accuracy, why I didn't win, and what does the gray font and * next to nicknames in the championship table mean?

Well, you did destroy the 99.5 % marker easily with your first try on that intermediate bass participation, and you know full well you can hold your own on advanced side. So you do belong to higher class, but you are right. You were supposed to be placed to intermediate in level last week.

The gray font with asterisk means that it's below your skill level, black font with asterisk means it above your skill level.

I've now fixed the last week's winner list to grant you the intermediate bass win, but please do play all of the bass tracks this week. All off them are below Advanced level. Maybe that will help us figure out where you belong. Lead and rhythm-wise you are definitely at least advanced.

• Like 2

Latest championship entries (click each timestamp to see the full screenshot.)

@@meelo

OK thanks, I was assigned to intermediate bass at the beginning of the previous champiosnhip week, so I didn't show my scores above this class. This week I'll try to play everything, especially that I like Blue Öyster Cult ;)

• Like 1

speedy bass yeet

pretty nice song, put my hand in the wrong place and missed a bunch tho.
WlppCqf.png

bit slow at the start but pretty good when the lead comes in.
XVRnz0M.png

eh it's fine.
XmS5bBF.png

It's got some fun bits between the slow bits. Got some funky note timing, and that jump from 12 to 3 was pretty mad. Quite nice, keeps ya on your toes lol
dp1TBpj.png

guitar tomorrow?

• Like 2

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

@@Rodman

Is that ok for you?

Well, you did destroy the 99.5 % marker easily with your first try on that intermediate bass participation, and you know full well you can hold your own on advanced side. So you do belong to higher class, but you are right. You were supposed to be placed to intermediate in level last week.

The gray font with asterisk means that it's below your skill level, black font with asterisk means it above your skill level.

I've now fixed the last week's winner list to grant you the intermediate bass win, but please do play all of the bass tracks this week. All off them are below Advanced level. Maybe that will help us figure out where you belong. Lead and rhythm-wise you are definitely at least advanced.

I feel like RoR, just got a major slap in the face here. RoR has had to play Inter Bass 4 times, just to hit 98.83%. Mikson played it just once to hit 99.6%. Again, I don't believe Mikson to be at an Intermediate level. I'd be totally pissed if I was RoR. 

• Like 3

@@Rodman

Is that ok for you?

I feel like RoR, just got a major slap in the face here. RoR has had to play Inter Bass 4 times, just to hit 98.83%. Mikson played it just once to hit 99.6%. Again, I don't believe Mikson to be at an Intermediate level. I'd be totally pissed if I was RoR. 

I bought my first bass guitar more than a month ago, before I played only a little on emulator bass in Rocksmith. So I don't feel like an advanced player on bass, I don't play hard songs very well.

• Like 2

I bought my first bass guitar more than a month ago, before I played only a little on emulator bass in Rocksmith. So I don't feel like an advanced player on bass, I don't play hard songs very well.

Okay right, so, it doesn't matter how long someone has played an instrument for. My point is, you've only had like one attempt at each Intermediate bass path and got 99%+ on all 3 weeks. If your first play was 80% then you improved that to 99% after say 5-10 play throughs, (we have 7 days to improve our scores) then there would be no issue. But you are straight in at 99% with one attempt, that's not an Intermediate bassist. Your guitar skills has obviously helped you learn the bass quickly. You should be in advance. It's not fair for those who are genuinely at an Intermediate level.

PS: I'm not trying to be horrible or mean to you. Take it as a compliment, you are better than you think :)

• Like 6

That took a ton of practice. Up from 90 %.

Well that solo was unexpected

• Like 4

Latest championship entries (click each timestamp to see the full screenshot.)

@@Rodman

Is that ok for you?

I'm cool with being second, more reason to practice. Yes, my score did take me a few more attempts but i enjoyed them.  :D 

To be honest i would prefer Mikson stay at Int Bass since only a couple of us competing at that level, at-least until we all move up!

I do need to buy a bass guitar tho as i'm currently playing emulated.  :blink:

• Like 4

I'm cool with being second, more reason to practice. Yes, my score did take me a few more attempts but i enjoyed them.  :D 

To be honest i would prefer Mikson stay at Int Bass since only a couple of us competing at that level, at-least until we all move up!

That's the spirit!  The blade hones the blade, someone to challenge you is a good thing!

• Like 4

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

@@Rodman

Is that ok for you?

Yay, some emotions! I love it. Gentlemen, choose your weapons ;)

No, really - discussion about player class placement and ratings of song is always welcome, makes it a bit more thrilling.

For @@Mikson - yes he is ADV in Rhy and Lead, and i instantly put him there, and yes he is in the most probable way ADV in bass also, BUT he only has been playing bass for a month and i put him into INT to give him the joy of upleveling once soon, for it will likely take long to go to MC in any class, as that is a huge gap.

• Like 2

Do I have a rank?

I saw my scores for individual songs(on the document), but didn't see myself on list for totals/rank comparison.

Well, #1 you have to finish top 4 of your class or a higher class to get on the leaderbards (pts are 10/5/3/1 for 1st-4th), that won´t last long if you show up there i think. Last week you took 5th in your class ADV Bass (by the blink of a fly behind me) and 7th in MC.

#2, you get your skill rating (Player Level XP) in the shiny new looking file i worked on the last weeks after having at least 3 scores on your classes highest rated or above songs (thats 7 or above for ADV), of course also MC will count for you, over the last running 12 weeks, will also soon be there when you keep playing.

38612176ne.jpg

Rock, Rod.

• Like 3

-= weekly leaderboard update =-

38612299wd.jpg

Resume Your Rock!

• Like 1

some to do here, yeah.

Expecting a hard fight.

38612583el.jpg

• Like 1

COFFEE AND TWOHANDEDTAPPING, way to go on sun morning, huge +

38613171xs.jpg

• Like 3