3D Tab Player made with Godot Engine 3.2

Chlipouni

Have you already started looking at note/chord recognition? I started looking at the problem thinking (wrongly!) that it was just a case of furier transforms using ffts and dft, but discovered that's just the setup after that it becomes a statistics and machine learning problem which is a lot more interesting. Of course a pluggable library would be best here's a few open source options that I found.

http://isophonics.net/nnls-chroma Chordino

http://clam-project.org/   CLAM

https://labrosa.ee.columbia.edu/projects/chords/   LabRosa

Keep us posted!

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like it doesn't like 1440 by 900 very much.
At least you can press enter to select the song and arrow keys to select bass.
YmICGkW.png

oh typo spotted
O0PGrnx.png

Just wondering about the lyrics, it looks similar to the clone hero method where they don't have durations and just last until the next one is played. Is this the case or it looks similar because how they've been charted?

Also the palm mutes and string mutes look the same? or did I miss something?

Still, very impressive work mate. It's real nice to have a version up to have a fiddle around with.  Cool that it even runs in a browser as well.

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

@coldrampage,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

• 1440x900 : I forgot this for the song selection screen. Does it work correctly for the Guitar Tab Player ?
  • Typo : This DLC requires a typo fix 😉
  • Lyrics : The data contains the start time and duration, so that's more of the way I handle it.
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Chlipouni said:

Does it work correctly for the Guitar Tab Player ?

it looks to be working correctly, audio and riff repeater settings show up fine too. Only thing I noticed is that riff repeater sections are a bit close to the right side of the screen. Maybe the guitar is a bit close to the edge too? but it doesn't cut anything off and is still quite readable.
JK0vodm.png

• Like 1

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

• 2 weeks later...

Wow spectacular job, I just gave it a quick test, I'm extremely impressed! 

The only niggles I have at the moment are the view angle of the guitar strings, For me it's too steep.

Consider braking true 3d perspective in favour of readability.

Can't wait to see where you take it. 

@randomas,

About the viewing angle and the 3d perspective, this should be easy to adjust (camera position and angle).

I also have The "SharedArrayBuffer is not defined" error in Firefox. Either a bug in Godot or a limitation in Firefox.

WebGL and WebAudio are still in development but I am already impressed with the result.

• Like 1

As an amateur Rocksmith and computer science enthusiast, I salute you Chlipouni!!! Thank you for sharing your time and talent all these years.

I can't wait to try this! A lightweight, bare bones, learning tool like this is very much needed. As far as I'm concerned, you've already done something awesome, no matter how far you take it, and how much polish is added. There's a lot of value here already.

• Like 2

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm loving it thus far....

Few suggestions:

1.) Change from Ball indicators to Wedges or rectangles
2.) Change the view angle down a bit (or have a setting to allow user to change)

3.) widen the color bands (tails) or Change the Orange color to a more vibrant  hue (currently too difficult to distinguish between Orange and Yellow) 

Other than that, looking Eff'n solid bro

• 9 months later...
34 minutes ago, YaBoiNub said:

this get dmca'd or am i missing a link in plain sight

There's a webGL build for testing but that's about it. Hasn't had a proper public build yet (unless I'm blind too).

On 5/21/2020 at 5:17 PM, Chlipouni said:

New Features (31/01/2021) :

- Full WebGL support : the game works with Chrome and Edge

- Riff Repeater Panel ([R] key) to slow down the song

- itch.io demo : Guitar 3D (password required for restricted access : CustomsForge$543210

Hi,

The whole project migrated successfully to Godot 4.0 alpha 6.

I just added the chord recognition system and it works pretty well.

The "SharedArrayBuffer is not defined" error in the WebGL version, is under investigation.

There is no plan for a standalone release quite now. I keep improving this project for my own usage.

Thanks

The "SharedArrayBuffer" mode is now supported by "Itch.io" (project updated).

New Features (24/04/2022) :

- New notes and chords recognition system

- Less latency in WebGL mode

- Fully playable without external tool

Test the Demo :

- Works only with Chrome and Edge

- itch.io demo : Guitar 3D (password required for restricted access : CustomsForge$543210)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Wow, just saw this tab player and it is amazing so far. Any ideas on when a local version may be released? I write a lot of my own tabs and viewing it in this format really helps.

I'm creating cdlc's cool...It may not be easy but slowly I'll get there...Thank you to this great community.

http://customsforge.com/topic/24341-matts-cdlcs-make-suggestions-as-well/?do=findComment&comment=186466

• 2 months later...

This is amazing work. There is nothing to DMCA this is an original work and its not a copy of RockSmith at all. Simply just don't put the rocksmith name anywhere. I would love to help you bring this to market. I'm currently working on a similar game for other string instruments. PM Me if your interested in working together.

• 1 month later...

I like your idea. And I thought about it further: You could make a community game to invite friends to play a song together. Everyone in the group would choose an instrument. There would be keyboard and percussion instruments. That way the bands could play online and practice. Of course, this would require very fast internet and low latency.

• 11 months later...