Chlipouni

Features :

- DLC support to add new songs

- Audio Player

- 3D Tab Player

New Features (27/07/2020) :

- Graphical events fully in sync with the soundtrack

- Pause / Resume

- Navigate freely in the song in pause mode (go forward and backward, click on phrases)

- Guitar and Bass Tabs for 4, 5, 6 and 7 strings

New Features (30/08/2020) :

- Audio settings panel

- Support for multitracks (several audio files allowed in the DLC)

New Features (31/01/2021) :

- Full WebGL support : the game works with Chrome and Edge

- Riff Repeater Panel ([R] key) to slow down the song

- itch.io demo : Guitar 3D (password required for restricted access : CustomsForge$543210)

New Features (19/06/2021) :

- Note recognition system for single notes
- Chords are only limited to their fundamental note

New Features (24/04/2022) :

- New notes and chords recognition system

- Less latency in WebGL mode

- Fully playable without external tool

Test the Demo :

- Works only with Chrome and Edge

- itch.io demo : Guitar 3D (password required for restricted access : CustomsForge$543210)

Edited by Chlipouni
New features
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

• Administrator

I would not suggest to spend much more time on this. Project of RS clone ends up with cease and desist letter sooner rather than later especially if you use their own song format.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Hi @@firekorn,

First of all, I am working on this project for my own usage and pleasure.

It's a way for me to learn how to develop with the amazing Game Engine "Godot".

I started at the beginning of this year 2020 and only spent two hours a week.

About the data, I'm using my own format (json files) and the main data we use to create CDLCs comes from guitar tabs found on well known websites.

• Like 1

I would not suggest to spend much more time on this. Project of RS clone ends up with cease and desist letter sooner rather than later especially if you use their own song format.

Are there any examples of this other than that one project from 2016? I thought that Ubisoft gave up after they lost their lawsuit against Yousican. Tonelib Jam is almost completely using rocksmith interface, colors and files and nothing happened for more than a year. And there is nothing wrong with using other program files as long as you are not using any stolen code and format was reverse engineered, that's how console emulators exist and how everyone is using gp5 files.

• Administrator

@@theSG A few random clones that pop up on github from time to time don't stay up long. The Tonelib Jam situation is weird at the moment, not really sure what's going on there.

Yousician was a different thing when it came down to the lawsuit and it was mostly to protect their own patent by showing that they are defending it.

As you said, it's a problem of code and patent, they can easily ask for cease & desist and very few console emulator are legal. It's just that many company don't see reason to tackle down all random project or patent have expired anyway so there's nothing really left to protect. There's been a fair bit of lawsuit against console emulator over time.

But as far as i'm aware, Ubisoft aren't just letting all clones that pop up around alone at the moment so i thought it was fair to warn about it.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Pretty slick.  It would also be cool if it had more display options, such as any of these:

1.  Static tab (like reading it from Guitar Pro or something)

2.  RB3 style tab (front to back scrolling tablature, scrolling is parallel with the strings)

3.  Bandfuse style tab (left to right scrolling tablature)

If you need to ditch RS style formatting for any legal reasons, let me know and we can come up with some other text/binary format or something if necessary.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Thx!!!!

What that really needs is

* Guitar Pro file support (if it is not yet  planned please include!!!!)

* and a feature that really would make the display better than the notehighway in RS would be a seperate rhythm display for the running part.

like : 39154131hp.png
(ok thats a damn ugly one, and yeah up and downstrokes will not always be defined, but you get the impression of what i mean)

Really lookinf 4ward to trying this!

Rock, Rod.

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

So I just read this post and few months back I started doing the exact same project on the same engine. I stopped due to lack of time cause of my thesis but was amazed to find someone else decided to do same thing on same engine. I'd say your seems to be more advanced on the feature side. This might have been the push I need to get back to work on it. Keep up on improving it

• Like 1

Thx!!!!

What that really needs is

* Guitar Pro file support (if it is not yet  planned please include!!!!)

* and a feature that really would make the display better than the notehighway in RS would be a seperate rhythm display for the running part.

like : 39154131hp.png

(ok thats a damn ugly one, and yeah up and downstrokes will not always be defined, but you get the impression of what i mean)

Really lookinf 4ward to trying this!

Rock, Rod.

Hi Rod,

- The Guitar Pro file format doesn't contain the real timing of notes and chords. So it is not sufficient by itself.

- The feature that displays the strumming direction of the chords is on my to-do list.

Thanks

- The Guitar Pro file format doesn't contain the real timing of notes and chords. So it is not sufficient by itself.

Would the sync export data from Go-Play Along do the trick then?  I know it isn't "free" but is potentially a nice and "easy" option.

The exports from there have an xml for sync, the gp file and audio file in one export folder. Happy to share a few if you'd like them for testing.

As for the 5/7 string addition - NICE.

If I can make a suggestion from a users point of view, could it be possible to have an option for the "extra" string be added above the low E, rather than changing the color of the high e?

I often use the ER mode we hacked into Rocksmith, we change the color of the low E, as (for me at least) it is easier to transition between 4 and 5, or 6 and 7 strings, if the EADGBe are always the same colors - the only change being the low B etc being added when necessary.

I know if using something akin to the RS file format, that isn't super simple, given the way they name strings - But, felt it worth asking about.

Loving the way this is looking!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi @@firekorn,

First of all, I am working on this project for my own usage and pleasure.

It's a way for me to learn how to develop with the amazing Game Engine "Godot".

I started at the beginning of this year 2020 and only spent two hours a week.

About the data, I'm using my own format (json files) and the main data we use to create CDLCs comes from guitar tabs found on well known websites.

Congratulations Chlipouni

Godot its amazing and free

I like create my own games with it, 2D and 3D.

Waiting for version 4

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, gafotas said:

How did you get multitrack songs?
I am very interested, I find it very useful.
hopefully this feature is in the new rocksmith.

good job.

Hi gafotas,

There are commercial Web sites that allow you to download as many audio files as they are tracks inside (for example : www.jamkazam.com).
  So you can easily mix all audio files and choose which ones to include in the mix.

However, the choice is limited and you may have difficulty finding the song you want.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/31/2020 at 1:48 AM, randomas said:

This is fantastic, great work! Any chance of a release in some form or another? Have you considered adding scored vocals and drums like rockband?

Will it run on linux?

Really hope to get to try this out some day!

Thanks to the Godot Engine, it should work on major operating systems.
I also have a prototype that works in a web browser.

The main limitations will come from the audio input and output latency (especially on android devices).

About scored vocals and drums, why not, but not a priority for now.

• Like 2