problems with solos being split between lead and rhythm

jacksonplayer

Question

Does it bother anybody else when a song has the solo or solos and lead parts split between lead and rhythm? I have ran into a few songs (mostly judas priest and megadeth) where the solos and lead parts switch between rhythm and lead and this irks me to no end. I personally find it it confusing when i get cheated out of a solo on lead and im sure a rhythm player is probably not ready for some of those solos. Does this bother anybody else or is it just me?  

• Like 1

16 answers to this question

yeah its only a problem in custom songs by bands with two lead guitarists or guitarist A and guitarist B (judas priest, megadeth etc.). I think some charters concentrate to much on matching how the band plays the song rather than what would be better for rocksmith which is primarily a single player game.

• Like 1

i played that version of green grass and high tides but i got mad at the solos being switched out and deleted it, luckily j1nn made a fixed version with all solos. I think the problem is some charters are just importing the guitar pro files and calling it a day, while that is the easy way to do it, it does not always work as some of those files dont translate to rocksmith well.

Plus, if you have friends, it's much more fun to jam together when you both have solos.

I agree though it is fun to have all the solos. I guess both ways just have their own perks. I wish there was an easier way to download songs exactly how you wanted them. Like with or without DD. 

The thing for me is, whilst Rocksmith is largely a single player "game", it's not really a game at all.

It's a learning tool meant to help you progress and learn songs as they are arranged. When you want to learn a song by a band like Megadeth, who have two incredible guitarists, it's only natural that you'll have solo's in both the rhythm and lead arrangements.

I know it's maybe not as fun or whatever, but such is life. If I turn up at a band practice one day and the guys want to play a run through of Hangar 18, I wouldn't want to be the rhythm guitarist who never bothered to learn his solo.

• Like 1

• Administrator

You know there is bonus arrangement for double lead guitarist, that's actually how rocksmith work with megadeath for exemple.

Envoyé de mon ARCHOS 80G9 en utilisant Tapatalk

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

I think the problem is some charters are just importing the guitar pro files and calling it a day, while that is the easy way to do it, it does not always work as some of those files dont translate to rocksmith well.

Yeah we're all lazy sods! That's the answer!

Seriously though, it isn't even always sensibly possible. I'm currently working on a song with that exact phenomenon. It does have this nice tremolo stuff going on that first happens in the lead and later in the rhythm section. I thought about moving all of it to one section but it just won't work because it overlaps with other stuff.

i'd love someone to check the guitar parts of my customs and clarify what i have messed up ... 

at least one one them is marked as lead instead or something like that... but at least i have BASS sorted out :)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IL2zOTjhzm3gQCZ3_GR26ocW3ziEhg-2?usp=sharing__
Backup CDLC link ^^ - should list even the ones that got removed for inactive links...
just restored my ability to login again, so will try to slowly resubmit the missing ones...
and hoping to make a small come-back with some new CDLC ideas...

YAMAHA 4-String 24 Frets - D Standard -> C Standard & D Drop C...

ASHTON - 4-String 21 Frets, E Standard, Drop D, Half-Step Down (Nirvana)...

Phoenix? - BASS 21-22 Frets? - 4-in-line Headstock...
(3 BASSES + 2 ELECTRIC G + 2 ACOUSTICS + a UKE)

Les Paul Special II - Guitar 

IBANEZ - USED MODIFIED MODEL...
After-market Tremolo Bridge + head-stock locking nut thingys --- Free 1994-ish Guitar =   🙂

i'd love someone to check the guitar parts of my customs and clarify what i have messed up ... 

at least one one them is marked as lead instead or something like that... but at least i have BASS sorted out :)

You can choose these in the toolkit -- choose the arrangement and hit the edit button : you can set the part for it there.

When I want to play song I want to play exactly what guitarist is playing. Don't Fear the Ripper by Blue Öyster Cult is perfect example as both Lead and Rhythm parts has solos in it. While it was fun to have everything in one place in Guitar Hero series, I like to know what to expect when playing Hetfield's ot Hammet's part of the song. Besides one of my favorite solos from The Day That Never Comes is when they're playing it together, on both guitars.

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

The thing for me is, whilst Rocksmith is largely a single player "game", it's not really a game at all.

It's a learning tool meant to help you progress and learn songs as they are arranged. When you want to learn a song by a band like Megadeth, who have two incredible guitarists, it's only natural that you'll have solo's in both the rhythm and lead arrangements.

I know it's maybe not as fun or whatever, but such is life. If I turn up at a band practice one day and the guys want to play a run through of Hangar 18, I wouldn't want to be the rhythm guitarist who never bothered to learn his solo.

Working through solos from bands like Megadeth needs a lot of skills, skills that you usually lack when you start playing guitar. BUT the rhythm parts without the solos are usually even for a beginner doable and you can still learn a lot from it.

When i create customs for my use from bands like Megadeth or Slayer if possible i always try author a rhythm arrangement without solos. Why? Because it gives me the option to enjoy the song now and later when i have enough skills i can still learn the solos. It takes only a bunch of minutes to copy and paste the stuff from the lead arrangements, i mean everything is already done, you only need to combine the two main arrangements. As i said if possible.

I think that there also several Official DLCs with this issue of a missing rhythm arrangement without solo.

Not to mention what the heck are you doing playing Maiden/Megadeath if you can't even attempt the solos?

Both bands have geat rhythm parts, you dont need the solos to enjoy the songs. Beside that you need a hell lot of skills to play the solos from Megadeth, its not like you learn the solos first and than the rhythm parts.

At the end its probably the mentality of the charter that decides how to create his custom ..