New at creating CDLC

victortilla

Question

I'm new at creating CDLC's and after hours and hours i finally got the CDLC with this alert:

http://oi58.tinypic.com/5p04fk.jpg

Then, tired of failing, i clicked yes and i put the CDLC on the DLC rocksmith folder.

It worked but it has a problem. When i play the song, the bass doesn't sound anymore. (The CDLC i made was only for bass).

What can i do?

• Like 1

17 answers to this question

I've had similar error messages in the toolkit -- once I'd accidentally duplicated an arrangement onto two difficulty levels.

As for the bass tones -- did you add tone changes in EOF?

(PS: I'm having trouble reading past that MASSIVE signature of yours, it squeezes the message itself into too small of a space. I'm guessing I can't tempt you to change it with a Mcdonald's coupon?).

Getting the tone changes wrong could have been the reason for your problem with the bass tone not showing up. (You add tone changes in EOF, but it's not usually necessary for bass parts.)

I don't know what showlights are ... but wait a bit, @@raynebc will show up soon, he's our resident EOF guru.

Getting the tone changes wrong could have been the reason for your problem with the bass tone not showing up. (You add tone changes in EOF, but it's not usually necessary for bass parts.)

I don't know what showlights are ... but wait a bit, @@raynebc will show up soon, he's our resident EOF guru.

I made a thread the other day asking what showlights was, but it never got any replies. I'm guessing that it's cos I asked some other questions that were probably pretty dumb, in hindsight. Maybe they didn't want to point out what an idiot I must be. ;)

Words of wisdom for CDLC charters:

"When in doubt, steal a tone from Kansas' Carry On Wayward Son"

- Billkwando

Download my L'Arc~en~Ciel Ken "Love Driver Cat" custom Inlays here

Showlights is a set of information usually revolving around the bass note of each note in an arrangement, and triggers visual effects in-game.

Is it user editable/worth messing with?

- Billkwando

Showlights is a set of information usually revolving around the bass note of each note in an arrangement, and triggers visual effects in-game.

You know... in Pale Blue Eyes, everytime it he sings the word "blue" the lights in the background turn blue. Or it seems that way.

You know... in Pale Blue Eyes, everytime it he sings the word "blue" the lights in the background turn blue. Or it seems that way.

That's why asked. I wanted to do some fancy purple stuff with my Prince song (though blue would be funny too).

- Billkwando