CustomsForge April Newsletter | Newsletter (Issue 18) | CF Charting "Creators" Special

Unleashed2k

• Administrator

To view this months newsletter please use a PDF Reader such as Adobe Acrobat Reader
You can also download this PDF here: https://customsforge.com/newsletter/newsletter_apr_2020.pdf

• Like 3

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

I'm happy to see that I'm inside the list of " Quality Charters ". Thank you so much. I feel honored :heart:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---> ALL MY CUSTOM DLC HERE <---

OFFICIAL PrinceWhateverer CDLC Charter

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charter Tip of the Month: I literally don't even have the words to describe how wrong this is

I was expecting someone to comment on that, and I wasn't wrong when I knew it would be you.

Perhaps I should have expanded upon it. What I meant was that if a tune is in A443, use Audacity to repitch it to A440 so that players don't have to retune unnecessarily. Could you explain what is wrong with that please? I'm pleased that my tip on normalising mp3s wasn't used as that would have rattled your cage again. I don't know what I've done to piss you off, but whatever it was, please accept my apology.

I chart BASS PARTS ONLY. Requests for guitar parts will be ignored. I hope that is clear. 

Twitter updates: @jamesprestonuk

Donations: https://paypal.me/jamesprestonuk?country.x=GB&locale.x=en_GB (thank you!)

I'm surprised that there was no "The # of downloads a chart has doesn't reflect the chart's quality" under part5.

I guess the "In the end..." part assumes this, but it would have been nice it if was stated to help new users out :P.

• Like 1

Check out the Triumph Discography

and my Workshop for my upcoming CDLCs.

• 3 weeks later...

Great work. And a huge thank you to all the cdlc creators.

One question? Is there any tips or tools/hardware to automate the capture of the guitar notes played into a tablature?

It would be great to get an end to end working example (video clip)

As far as "automate capture of notes" (play the song flawlessly, and have the tab software write the tab for you, based on the notes you play?)
I don't think you are going to find a satisfactory, easy solution. I've heard of setting up a instrument as midi input and setting up 'gates' to control the input threshold for what is interpreted as input for a note, but I'm not sure of the accuracy you can expect, nor how to *actually* accomplish that...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy